darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
The artist seems hellbent on dragging FET to the finish line even if he has to do it himself

Unfortunately that probably means he's headed towards his own burnout like a speeding train, hopefully the coder can pull himself out of his 6 month "slump" before that happens

• Sad
Reactions: zenzaxaznez
Aug 13, 2017
The artist seems hellbent on dragging FET to the finish line even if he has to do it himself

Unfortunately that probably means he's headed towards his own burnout like a speeding train, hopefully the coder can pull himself out of his 6 month "slump" before that happens
Well the artist wants it to seem like he's hellbent on finishing FET at least.

Aug 13, 2017
Don't want to be the prick to complain, but did the writer didn't outline the story in the beginning, at least roughly? We're 3 books through, there can't be much to wrap up, right?
It would be but they actually spoke a lot about some 5th book they were going to add at the end of the story. This was mentioned some time around the ending of Book 2 or midway through Book 3. Basically after Book 4 is finished theres a fifth Book that will focus on the overarching story of FET, that is to say the whole spirits conflict and all that.

Reactions: Zekethor

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Well the artist wants it to seem like he's hellbent on finishing FET at least.
He was always essentially their PR guy after all since the coder is hilariously bad at communicating

I do give the artist some credit though, despite their shared talent for making posts that are several paragraphs of pointless filler, at the very least the artist has some hard evidence to show that hes doing something (his side projects) while the coder is ghosting due to writers block or depression or whatever the excuse is now

Aug 13, 2017
He was always essentially their PR guy after all since the coder is hilariously bad at communicating

I do give the artist some credit though, despite their shared talent for making posts that are several paragraphs of pointless filler, at the very least the artist has some hard evidence to show that hes doing something (his side projects) while the coder is ghosting due to writers block or depression or whatever the excuse is now
Yeah but his side projects are things you could whip up if you installed renpy right now, granted I'm not diminishing his art or drawing skills those I can respect. What I find odd is the coders lack of communication though. Rather the massive void of it.

In something like what 3-4 years I don't think we've heard a peep out of the coder, and I've followed this project since its inception.

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
The coders occasionally posted updates before, even prior to the huge delay we're dealing with right now, but for the most part they're just ramblings and sometimes almost incomprehensible, although at least back then he didnt toss out a release date and then completely fail to deliver on it (multiple times)

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
So cbob's finally giving Marty something even it's a load of what amounts to nothing unless cbob actually starts to work on what he has.

I appreciate Marty's optimism as, in his position, he can't really afford to be anything but be pragmatic as a PR guy, but at the same time I'd love to hear his actual thoughts.

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
It would be but they actually spoke a lot about some 5th book they were going to add at the end of the story. This was mentioned some time around the ending of Book 2 or midway through Book 3. Basically after Book 4 is finished theres a fifth Book that will focus on the overarching story of FET, that is to say the whole spirits conflict and all that.
As far as I am informed there won't be a book after book 4 is finished but a short chapter to tie up the lose strings. Not as lengthy as a normal book.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez
Aug 13, 2017
So cbob's finally giving Marty something even it's a load of what amounts to nothing unless cbob actually starts to work on what he has.

I appreciate Marty's optimism as, in his position, he can't really afford to be anything but be pragmatic as a PR guy, but at the same time I'd love to hear his actual thoughts.
You should be worried if cbob is giving Marty something. Think about it, all this time they've been working together and he could've asked Marty for help beyond just drawing art. Which I believe has happened once, but now he decides to just give up and hand over a "barebones" version of the current build?

Looks like he's gonna be up in that mountain for a while.

ezarel5620

Dec 13, 2020
Its gonna be a full year until the coder gets off his ass, if he does at all

That might sound like overreacting but so was thinking the delay was going to be longer than a month or two when this first started

F1forhalp

SOTD: Nick Cave - Where The Wild Roses Grow
Donor
Oct 28, 2019

just an assumption.. if cbob gives a warning like that and Marty even mentioned that warning is beyond the usual, i roughly expect what he gets is (hopefully) a raw outline of where the story should go, with some patches as they came into cbob's mind, attached here and there. maybe not even sorted by timeline. fragments as i see it. somewhere inbetween is a part of what makes cbob go stuck, aside from his other issues. that may or may not benefit from Marty's POV and maybe he finds somethign around to continue. from there, it's really hard to tell. if Marty's trying to solo the major part of it, the whole telling style is likely to change, more or less. imo communication between those two will still be important, and that depends on cbob being able to.
end of the whatifs from me, for now.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
Read the post again. Marty said cbob promised he would send him something and to keep his expectations low, so he doesn't even have the build yet. That is if the build even exists. You can't trust anything that's said in these update posts, 6 months ago they promised a release in October and look where we are now.
by something I meant empty words..
no need to read it back

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Don't want to be the prick to complain, but did the writer didn't outline the story in the beginning, at least roughly? We're 3 books through, there can't be much to wrap up, right?
well i mean if its the last book then maybe its gonna be really long and a rough outlining at the beginning isn't enough.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes