Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
I don't remember all the details storywise but I do remember playing book 1(with Katara) but not much about book 2...
It'd be great if I can get a save file with book 1 completed so that I can start book 2 from the beginning without playing the entire thing again.
you can tho just start the game select new game choose book 2 and choose you route its not like have to play book 1 to get to the other

Reactions: DumbZirael

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Not even Marty really knows what's up with cbob but the most likely scenario is mental illness with too much money, not the best combination if you ask me.

But anyway it doesn't matter, right now Marty = Mity, he's working his ass off so we get at least something and I'm 100% sure he's focused on bringing this game to an end. It may take much longer and the writing may not be as good as before in the opinion of some folks but we'll see a finished product some day.

The greatest obstacle for an unfinished game is in a whole different spot. If Mity keeps adding Ikki and other "problematic" scenes, Patreon might finally decide to do an investigation. And with their content rules this would mean the end of the project on this platform. (Very likely not for the game itself though.)

I expect another post in the near future where they're trying to be positive about the next steps in development but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. You should consider lot's more of delays and a slow creep to the finish line in my opinion.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Not even Marty really knows what's up with cbob but the most likely scenario is mental illness with too much money, not the best combination if you ask me.

But anyway it doesn't matter, right now Marty = Mity, he's working his ass off so we get at least something and I'm 100% sure he's focused on bringing this game to an end. It may take much longer and the writing may not be as good as before in the opinion of some folks but we'll see a finished product some day.

The greatest obstacle for an unfinished game is in a whole different spot. If Mity keeps adding Ikki and other "problematic" scenes, Patreon might finally decide to do an investigation. And with their content rules this would mean the end of the project on this platform. (Very likely not for the game itself though.)

I expect another post in the near future where they're trying to be positive about the next steps in development but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. You should consider lot's more of delays and a slow creep to the finish line in my opinion.
you speak as if you know them in real life.If you know nothing,just shut up instead of pretendin yknow how their situation is.-_-

Jul 1, 2018
you speak as if you know them in real life.If you know nothing,just shut up instead of pretendin yknow how their situation is.-_-
It's been common knowledge that cbob is not doing well, hence Marty doing most of the work. The thing about patreon is 100% right, and the fact that we shouldn't expect a new build this month is pretty spot on aswel. So in conclusion, what the actual fuck are you talking about?

PierrotSol

Sep 15, 2017

At this point you're basically saying deal with it and cope.

TopAnalRapeLover

Dec 30, 2019
Yes, there's nothing else to do. We can't blame cbob for being ill. Marty does his best (including putting pledges on pause for a while). We'll just have to wait longer. Both cbob and Marty are committed to FET, so I think that eventually it will be completed. How long this "eventually" is far, nobody knows except God.

There's a lot of stuff Marty can do by himself, but I really don't know if it's ok to ask him for that.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
That's what we've been doing the past updates hahahaha *cries*
In any case, Marty is working in his own project 18titans, while Cbob is doing whatever he's been doing, and it's really good. God bless Marty for that.

Reactions: haooni and Genji

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
Hey there guys. Long time no see. Been busy with work on AJ and stuff like moving. I wanted to ask y'all have you asked a mod who edits the thread to include a unofficial FET Discord server yet? It's bit easier to have constant updates from here rather than to wait for reply that might not come back to a question asked.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
you can't really tell anyone here to shut up. it's text, for starters; also it's rude to do so and anyone can write whatever comes to mind.
then, we received whatever there was of information from MiTy's patreon, so we do have -some- picture of the issues behind the hiatus and following sluggishness of updates. so that's that.
..about Marty finishing FET on his own, Marty was hired by cBob for this project, so even if he would be willing to solo FET, would be questionable if he could, in various regards. noone knows if he considered it, and if so, if he would be willing to do it, and even then, it's cBob's call. add, the writing would certainly be different from there.

Aug 13, 2017
It's been common knowledge that cbob is not doing well, hence Marty doing most of the work. The thing about patreon is 100% right, and the fact that we shouldn't expect a new build this month is pretty spot on aswel. So in conclusion, what the actual fuck are you talking about?
It's not really common knowledge though. That's just some fanfiction you people came up with to pretend everything is alright. Save for a few updates where they say they've been under the weather or whatever most of the time we get a "oh you know how it is" or "cbob has ghosted me". It's all speculation as to what reason he's doing this.

RocketSurgery

Sep 15, 2017
I'd say it's a better combination than mental illness and not enough money; at least now money isn't a barrier to getting help. Ultimately we know nothing about his actual situation, so we are just guessing.

TopAnalRapeLover

Dec 30, 2019
It's not really common knowledge though. That's just some fanfiction you people came up with to pretend everything is alright. Save for a few updates where they say they've been under the weather or whatever most of the time we get a "oh you know how it is" or "cbob has ghosted me". It's all speculation as to what reason he's doing this.
Nonsense. Marty is in contact with cbob, and wrote that cbob said he's not well.

Az_To

Nov 14, 2020
For some reason I picture cbob as this really gruff mountain man, that lives alone in a log cabin with no internet connection.
Once a month he hikes all the way to town to answer emails and send Marty the finished builds

That may not be too far from the truth

nat04killer

Aug 7, 2020
I recently downloaded and finished all the content for the game atm and I gotta say this was one of if not the best games I've played. tons of content, great art and overall a not too grind game. hope to see the epilogue eventually it seems like its gonna be good.

Reactions: Hcuvuvb
Aug 13, 2017
If I remember correctly, cbob himself stated in a patreon post a few months ago that he wasn't/isn't doing well mentally.
A few months ago was a few months ago, during their last delay remember.

Nonsense. Marty is in contact with cbob, and wrote that cbob said he's not well.
You say that and yet the problem here is that apparently Cbob is just ghosting Marty. Last I remember all he said was that he got an email that sounded like a bunch of thoughts strung along together and he felt "hopeful it meant a release would be soon".

4.50 star(s) 275 Votes