tipiganel

Nov 15, 2018
Is the burning house the end of the love route in book 3? I can't seem to get past the day after sleeping over with toph the first time

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Ganguro girls was awesome for its time, Love Hina as well' trolly as that was. Makes me realize my age and how long since its been since I have touched newgrounds and dating sims on the whole.
Well it was interesting for being a flash game with actual content(an oddity back then)though as someone who played True Love prior the gameplay didnt exactly wow me(in fact,it was horrible...and the characters absolutely shallow now that I think about it haha).
Still,good memories(remember being rather miffed that the DNA² version,which I think was actually the first of those games on newgrounds,never got finished so best girl Karin got dicked over once again >_>).

Is the burning house the end of the love route in book 3? I can't seem to get past the day after sleeping over with toph the first time
Definately not the end.
What exactly is the problem?

Last edited:

tipiganel

Nov 15, 2018
Well it was interesting for being a flash game with actual content(an oddity back then)though as someone who played True Love prior the gameplay didnt exactly wow me(in fact,it was horrible...and the characters absolutely shallow now that I think about it haha).
Still,good memories(remember being rather miffed that the DNA² version,which I think was actually the first of those games on newgrounds,never got finished so best girl Karin got dicked over once again >_>).

Definately not the end.
What exactly is the problem?
I just cant figure out what to do next. I've gone everywhere in the cave a clicked through all the sections on the maps, but I cant figure out what to do

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Actually Simman released a finished version of "Sim Girls" on Newgrounds and black spears before starteing with the second part of the series (only buyable)... but it lost most of it's unique characters and wasn't wowing anyone as at that time there were better dating Sims with better graphics... chargeing money for the second project apparently wasn't helpful aswell

Reactions: Saraf

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
I just cant figure out what to do next. I've gone everywhere in the cave a clicked through all the sections on the maps, but I cant figure out what to do
If I remember correctly the next story point was finding the culprit by talking first with Suki or June(one of the two has seen a shadowy figure during the night)and Iroh afterwards.

Actually Simman released a finished version of "Sim Girls" on Newgrounds and black spears before starteing with the second part of the series (only buyable)... but it lost most of it's unique characters and wasn't wowing anyone as at that time there were better dating Sims with better graphics... chargeing money for the second project apparently wasn't helpful aswell
Oh thats interesting,never knew that so thanks for the information.
Why he would try to turn the project commercial is beyond me though.
As you said the actual quality(be that story,art or gameplay)wasnt particularly high(and with Princess Maker 2 and True Love around it wasnt even unique...).

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
"Oh thats interesting,never knew that so thanks for the information.
Why he would try to turn the project commercial is beyond me though.
As you said the actual quality(be that story,art or gameplay)wasnt particularly high(and with Princess Maker 2 and True Love around it wasnt even unique...).

You don't even know how many times i played the demo as a teen :3

Last edited:
Reactions: Saraf

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
also ive seen a few people ask where to find news out about the game (if you don't wanna be a pateron...) thats a news feed for mity's games where you can see hidden to the public post about whats coming up or happening in his games.

Reactions: IReallyLikeBacon

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018

You don't even know how many times i played the demo as a teen :3
Downloaded it out of morbid curiosity,supposedly there was an update after 12 years hah.
Thanks for the link,will give it a whirl if just to see whether there is finally a Karin ending.

that was actually my start into the hentai world... but I soon switched to True Love and Sakura.
Now adays games from around here best many of the company developed games though
Thats up for debate.
While Im genuinely impressed by some noteworthy games(Sovereign for its story for example)overall the quality is still rather subpar and generally lacking in depth as well as art(and if the many maaaaaaaaaaany countless japanese developed nukige have anything going for them its the somewhat decent art).
The western branch seems to be more focused on integrating gameplay,which is certainly a good thing but even then its normally lacking the meatyness some of the commercial japanese products provide.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Since I can't speak more than a few words japanese the sorry truth however is that many of the better titles normally don't get translated and are unusable for what I believe to be the mayor part of the Western community.
The last big titles I played are Kamidory and Sengoku Rance.
The mayor part of other games seem either to be repeative dungeon crawlers and VNs.. which tend to lack a great deal of gameplay

Reactions: IReallyLikeBacon

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Ah yes,the eternal hurdle of moonspeak.
It takes a certain mindset to make up for that through machine translations and pure horrid trial&error(which still wont get you far with some of the more complex games like the recent entries into the venus blood series).
Having said that,both JAST USA and Mangagamer keep trying to bring over more complex games(sadly JAST underperformed both times with Yumina the Ethereal and Seinarukana,Mangagamer is doing alright but only focuses on their partnership with Alicesoft which resulted in Rance 6,Evenicle and Beat Blades Haruka coming over,with retranslations of 7 and 8 in the pipes)so maybe look into that if you so desire.
First two Bunny Black games also got translations if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
played most of them... and I admit Bunny Black was rather funny/complex for a dungeon crawler, but those are the sad exceptions... comparing those few to the outstanding numbers of projects on this side still make them look like a droplet in the dessert

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Well there is a reason why the more complex games dont make it over(too slim a market for commercial companies,too much required reverse engineering and large scripts for most TL-groups).
Venus Blood Frontier was recently announced for a western release alas considering the subject matter of the series Im not sure it will do all that well(then again Rance did despite Alicesoft´s trademark rape fetish so who knows).
The western market doesnt really offer anything compareable(well I guess Sunrider kinda tried but fell flat on so...oh so many levels).
And hey,one can always go for another run of Big Bang Age =D (or for most people Sengoku Rance I suppose).

Ay this went completely off topic.

4.50 star(s) 275 Votes