felipons

Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds
Modder
Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
hmm why now my game cant be run help me pls
Did you put both Source and rpy compiled files? If so, go inside the folder "game" and delete the folder "scripts", then select only one to download, to be in a safe side use the source code instead, also make sure to not duplicate any file.

zakaletz

Mar 10, 2019

Man, it really feels like corona exploded all over the world since our last post. I mean it was already pretty horrible in a lot of places, but now it truly feels like it's gotten a solid foothold EVERYWHERE. The emptying of stores in my neck of the woods pretty much began the day after my earlier post. I'm still not certain why toilet paper is that one coveted item over all else, but it was the one thing I didn't think of getting beforehand. Mostly because I go through that stuff so slowly I rarely have to buy it.

Well, I'm sure everyone has their own stories or seen/read about it all over the place so I won't bore you any further with mine.

As you've noticed our earlier estimation of a bughunt version earlier this week was a dud. I was already concerned Rob got sick and although he does have a mild cough(me too) we're really good at socially distancing ourselves and self quarantine. Not saying we have IT, but let's not chance bothering anyone else with whatever we have.

part of Rob's earlier reply to me:

"I actually do have a very mild cough but that's not holding me back. I realized that with so many people stuck at home our fans could really use some distraction and and I'm going back and making things more interesting I hope. I still haven't finished so going back and editing is probably not wise but I'm trying to do both."

And that snippet is pretty much the gist of things. I'm as impatient as anyone else can be, but considering all the weirdness going on and still having a solid bit of time before April is here, I can see and agree with Rob's desire to try and create something better.

Since I'm writing this in-between post, I'll also take the opportunity to mention I've finished the mom/daughter scene I mentioned earlier and have taken the time to improve some other things. I also have been working on something extra depraved for the last build of this route, but once that's done I'm truly finished with this builds stuff and will need to start working on the love route assets. That means new idles for new characters! It'll be nice to start working on some new faces.

Since I dislike text only posts I took some time to draw korra all better again after the visit from "plague toph" in my earlier update. It won't go quite as fast in the real world, but let's all try and do our best to keep this thing from getting to all the people who are more susceptible to suffer from serious consequences of it.

4dr6tvyubh

Mar 20, 2020
first try extracting you should see the option when you right click on the file after extracting it look for a folder with the same name as the file enter it and run it by clicking the exe. that should do it
I tried this, it doesn't work. Thanks for your reply tho

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I can't seem to open the game. Does anyone know what I can do?
View attachment 592775
1)your screenshot clearly shows you are -inside- of the .zip file. can't execute from inside. highlight the whole root folder inside that .zip file e.g. Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.5d-pc and right click-copy (or unpack) it to a folder -outside- the .zip file.
2)then, use the .exe file in that main folder, not the one inside the \lib\windows-i686 subfolder, to start the game.
chance be you just started the wrong file. sh!t happens.

Reactions: 4dr6tvyubh
Aug 13, 2017
If I were a gambler...I'd put it on "Rob got the Rona" excuse in about a week.
That's too generous the whole point of these last two posts is to try and slowly put it in our heads that they're too sick to get out the updates. First the 4 month break, then the skipping months randomly and now it'll be "Oh well the coder wanted to tough it out but I forced him to take a break because what good would it do if he DIED GUYS". Of course all this could be solved if they just hired another coder or got more people to help but they seem to be adamantly against that for some reason.

IDontPay

Jul 25, 2019
That's too generous the whole point of these last two posts is to try and slowly put it in our heads that they're too sick to get out the updates. First the 4 month break, then the skipping months randomly and now it'll be "Oh well the coder wanted to tough it out but I forced him to take a break because what good would it do if he DIED GUYS". Of course all this could be solved if they just hired another coder or got more people to help but they seem to be adamantly against that for some reason.

I can think of a few reasons...10,000 reasons for each of them per month actually.

4dr6tvyubh

Mar 20, 2020
1)your screenshot clearly shows you are -inside- of the .zip file. can't execute from inside. highlight the whole root folder inside that .zip file e.g. Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.5d-pc and right click-copy (or unpack) it to a folder -outside- the .zip file.
2)then, use the .exe file in that main folder, not the one inside the \lib\windows-i686 subfolder, to start the game.
chance be you just started the wrong file. sh!t happens.
Thanks mate, all y'all were right.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks mate, all y'all were right.
np, it's the easy thing to go wrong. if you play [RPGM] or [Ren'Py] tagged games, most of them will have the usual game .exe in the root (main folder); some in subfolders are normally for the not-so-usual different systems to run on. it's a mainstream or not kind of thing. Win10 the mainstream there, some use older versions, some use no windoze at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
Can anyone give me a "walkthrough" for the End of Book 3? I'm in the cave and it says "I feel like I missed something important."

So I can check what's missing.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes