Dark-xenon

Dec 4, 2017
If you read what I wrote you'll see that post was for those going overboard with it and that "never"paid a dime. I didn't see you flipping out out but rather giving proper criticism with a calm attitude.
I haven't seen anyone in this thread who matches your description tbh. Tho I've seen people(other game developers) who criticized this coder guy based on the way he writes his CODE. And it was a healthy criticism. If you are not familiar with how to program Collectible Card Game - you just don't do it when you have a deadline.
This whole story actually reminded me this episode from Silicon Valley when Richard couldn't get his head around how to implement cloud service to their system and was forced by his co-workers to hire a teenager to write specifically that part. Ofc that didn't turn out the way they wanted but it's a comedy show after all:LOL:
But the way MITY team handled this situation is even worse. Instead of OWNING their mistakes they just come up with more excuses to NOT hire additional help and to continue everything the way they are doing not realising that if this happened ONCE it can easily happen again but for the other reason. AND IT FREAKING DID! It already did! So I just don't understand how can ANY one not see this and continue to go with this false narrative of 'oh he flipped only one time just give them more time it will all be fine'
ALSO last thing: Either Artist CAN'T influence on coder at all(he's just a hired professional) and that's why they don't hire anyone else OR he FORCED coder to take a vacation after he 'burned out' when didn't manage to complete this CCG thing back in SEPTEMBER(!). You CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Balrog
Feb 5, 2018
We're forgetting that the coder is to blame for the current delay. He suddenly felt like adding additional stuff to the update(Most likely worthless minigame), making the artist look like a total fool, because he had already given us an estimate of release. Artist has said many times he want the old monthly/1½'ish schedule back but it's obvious he has no say in this. Coder does whatever he wants.

Aug 13, 2017
We're forgetting that the coder is to blame for the current delay. He suddenly felt like adding additional stuff to the update(Most likely worthless minigame), making the artist look like a total fool, because he had already given us an estimate of release. Artist has said many times he want the old monthly/1½'ish schedule back but it's obvious he has no say in this. Coder does whatever he wants.
Then the solution is clear isn't it? Why doesn't the artist just leave and move onto another project with people more organised? Oh it's because their current project with the two of them just doing whatever and missing deadlines consistently still gets them paid 20k a month. It's obvious the amount of money they earn has made them both complacent, that's just how people usually go. The coder also wouldn't be able to do whatever he wants if they just brought in another to either help with the code or light a fire under the current coder's ass and make him work.

Semiguacamole

Aug 3, 2017
We are still missing Art Assets 44

The asset page only goes to Art Assets 43
While the latest Art Assets 45 have been already posted here and on the asset page, #44 is still missing.
Not to mention that the OP here only goes to #40.

I've checked and an actual zip with #44 is still nowhere on this thread.

Sep 16, 2018
Oh it's because their current project with the two of them just doing whatever and missing deadlines consistently still gets them paid 20k a month.
Bingo. It isn't in either of their best interest to get to the end of this project, and the last year has shown people will still send them money even if they completely stop working. They made a combined 90k for an art update over 4 months, when you're being paid that much "writers block" isn't a very good excuse.

When they finish the game they'll inevitably lose subscribers while they gear towards the new one. They may have started with great intentions but like you said, they've become complacent. Heck I would say they're dependent. It happens when you start dealing with that amount of money coupled with such blurry legal requirements around it.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
We are still missing Art Assets 44

The asset page only goes to Art Assets 43
While the latest Art Assets 45 have been already posted here and on the asset page, #44 is still missing.
Not to mention that the OP here only goes to #40.

I've checked and an actual zip with #44 is still nowhere on this thread.

Actually read the thread instead of the first post. The OP isn't updated in that thread but #44 and #45 are posted in the replies.

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Its a shame that they'll see absolutely none of this feedback because their patron feed gets drowned by "its ok take all the time you need ill keep giving you guys money even if this game never gets updated again" posts every time they use another sob story as an excuse for the constant delays

I liked MITY, I really did. But it gets harder and harder to be anything but suspicious when pretty much every single update for the past few months (maybe even a year?) has followed the exact same pattern every time: Delays and excuses, usually involving some emotional issues that paints them as a victim allows them to do whatever they want and get a free pass because anyone who criticizes them is seen as an asshole/entitled

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Its a shame that they'll see absolutely none of this feedback because their patron feed gets drowned by "its ok take all the time you need ill keep giving you guys money even if this game never gets updated again" posts every time they use another sob story as an excuse for the constant delays

I liked MITY, I really did. But it gets harder and harder to be anything but suspicious when pretty much every single update for the past few months (maybe even a year?) has followed the exact same pattern every time: Delays and excuses, usually involving some emotional issues that paints them as a victim allows them to do whatever they want and get a free pass because anyone who criticizes them is seen as an asshole/entitled
The fucking constant cock sucking on the Patreon is very annoying, I agree.
And if this update is delayed past the end of this month I'm canceling my pledge 100%. I stopped it during the 4th month delay last year. Coder can have burnout, I get it, but I'm not giving money away for that.
That being said, I do believe the Artist is genuine when he says the coder gives him bullshit timelines, then fails to deliver. Artist has said before that coder won't get back to him for a day or two. Probably email or discord and coder just ghosts. People can be like that.

I guess what I'm getting at is outrage is appropriate at times, it just seems like right now, with that last post, people think the dog was about the delay of the game. It wasn't. It was just about why there was no blog post with the art update.
Let's roast the mother fuckers when it's time, and shit even for the coder saying it was coming within a week 2 weeks ago. But not for something that's not related one way or the other towards the delay.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
So, how do you guys think the last book will be like? I think they will visit the spirit world in a space that doesn't follow the rules of times and space, so that the final battle against the "Evil Spirit" every girl from past books join in, then end in a huge (and awesome) orgy with MC.

Whyhellothere

Jun 20, 2017
So, how do you guys think the last book will be like? I think they will visit the spirit world in a space that doesn't follow the rules of times and space, so that the final battle against the "Evil Spirit" every girl from past books join in, then end in a huge (and awesome) orgy with MC.
Not sure but I'm only excited cause it's Avatar Korra and I always thought she was the best looking female character I've seen, partially cause I love a girl with some muscle.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Not sure but I'm only excited cause it's Avatar Korra and I always thought she was the best looking female character I've seen, partially cause I love a girl with some muscle.
This isn't the last book, there will be a fifth, the book that will unite both routes into a single ending, which in my opinion is kind of stupid because there is no middle ground in slave and love route.

Feb 5, 2018
This isn't the last book, there will be a fifth, the book that will unite both routes into a single ending, which in my opinion is kind of stupid because there is no middle ground in slave and love route.
But what if I love my slave? :WeSmart:

Edit: Have you not seen Schindler's List? Amon Goeth love his jew slave.

Dark-xenon

Dec 4, 2017
I guess what I'm getting at is outrage is appropriate at times, it just seems like right now, with that last post, people think the dog was about the delay of the game. It wasn't.
Well you know what they say about the boy who cried wolves. I am not blaming artist for delay because his dog died. I blame him for coming up with excuses for coder. He even writes his posts now in a way that leaves coder an excuse to fcuk up another deadline. Like 'oh guys didn't I warn you?'. It's lame. If you see that coder is past schedule just say so. DON'T LIE TO US. Because he first lifts our expectations and then when coder fails...again... I feel like it's another 'oh surprise surprise guess who fcud up again?' It starts getting boring pretty soon

Reactions: FriendlyBear12
Aug 13, 2017
The fucking constant cock sucking on the Patreon is very annoying, I agree.
And if this update is delayed past the end of this month I'm canceling my pledge 100%. I stopped it during the 4th month delay last year. Coder can have burnout, I get it, but I'm not giving money away for that.
That being said, I do believe the Artist is genuine when he says the coder gives him bullshit timelines, then fails to deliver. Artist has said before that coder won't get back to him for a day or two. Probably email or discord and coder just ghosts. People can be like that.

I guess what I'm getting at is outrage is appropriate at times, it just seems like right now, with that last post, people think the dog was about the delay of the game. It wasn't. It was just about why there was no blog post with the art update.
Let's roast the mother fuckers when it's time, and shit even for the coder saying it was coming within a week 2 weeks ago. But not for something that's not related one way or the other towards the delay.
No one is outraged though. Giving honest criticism, that's factually true, isn't "outrage". Calling it outrage helps nobody and is just a way to dismiss what's being said. Read one of my earlier posts, I said that as of right now they're coming really close to missing yet another month, that'll still be charged for, and as the month comes to an end do we get an explanation as to why the deadline for earlier this week or whenever they promised was missed? No, we get a post about the artists dog dying and in that post they say they don't feel like talking. How is this post, meant to be taken? Obviously if something as sad as that happened you'd allow for them to take time off, to grieve and whatever right? So if we call it out as yet another excuse given the timing of the post we're called assholes or outraged fans when in reality there's nothing in the track record from the past year that would allow me to believe it. They've been posting excuses along with missing deadlines since august or whenever it was they took that 4 month break and now we're just meant to believe a post because it has something sad written in it? I'll say this one last time, the update isn't going to come out this month and if it does then I'll gladly accept that I'm wrong however if I'm right that's another 20k in their pockets for delivering absolutely nothing...yet again.

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Calling it now the next post is going to have a vague hint about one of them having the virus or at the very least "Im sick so it might be the virus so Im gonna take some time off just to make sure!"

Just imagine how many sympathy points that could buy them, they could delay the game for another 4 months

Reactions: CarpeDiem69

Dark-xenon

Dec 4, 2017
I'll say this one last time, the update isn't going to come out this month and if it does then I'll gladly accept that I'm wrong however if I'm right that's another 20k in their pockets for delivering absolutely nothing...yet again.
Very well said and then again - for me(in my time zone) it's already 29th and two days won't make a difference to me. Even if they release "this month's update" on 31th 23:59:59 - it doesn't change anything to me they ruined my trust with this FAKE DEADLINES THAT THEY NEVER MEET! I mean I guess 95% of people in this thread who are following this game since last speptember and aware of developer's recent 'life problems' KNEW that they won't release it on time. Ofc many didn't want to accept that fact and secretly hoped for the best(like I did) but deep down they knew something is gonna change that will push release. But nobody expected this post about dog. I am a dog owner myself. And I had to put my dog down once and it's a horrible experience. But given the context and timing I feel betrayed that they used THIS to not explain why is there a delay. I would forgive almost every honest reason even if it was coder's 'burning out again' but this... I just don't know how to feel anymore.
So if we call it out as yet another excuse given the timing of the post we're called assholes or outraged fans
I think THAT spoiled it for me. That I have to choose - either I am an asshole who doesnt belive that dog died or I am a freaking SIMP who is raging about not getting fap material. So I loose in both ways if I follow THEIR narrative. And that attitude is WORSE that greed. That they make you feel bad for calling them out. It's like this move in modern cinema - if movie is bad and you say it's bad and won't watch it they call you a homophobe or a sexist or whatever that you didn't watch it.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes