Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah, how shocking, that at the end of the route actually does happen as what happens at any other end of a route aka it takes a bit longer as a normal update. Well i guess i will get some popcorn and and watch the posts that are now unavoidable to come.

zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
Are there any other games with writing this good?

I seriously can’t even remember the last time a VN made me laugh, like, actually physically out loud. The writer for this project actually has something here.
Akabur's games always make me laugh. Especially with the dialogue choices where you're always allowed to say something really dumb.

Four Elements is even better though. The player character is such a lovable asshole and always finds himself in these absurd situations.

EDIT: Of course right after this I started to understand....It just goes by too quick to really realize what's going on.

So anyone else confused by it (though it's probably just me) the two cards, one on top of the other, indicate the card your adding to. The top one being your opponents. It's almost like blackjack. This confused the living shit out of me though. Now to beat zhuli...if it's possible. She pulls out kings out of nowhere.
The different colors and the numbers made it very clear to me which cards were mine and which ones were my opponents', but the UI is very barebones to I can totally see how you had a hard time reading it. It's not made easier by the fact that the game is, to my knowledge, made up by the coder and thus the player cannot immediately just "get it" from experience (compare to Go Fish in the last book, or just old regular Blackjack).

As for her kings, you have the same kind of cards in your decks and the goal is to score higher than your opponent in any given round without going overboard and wasting high cards that could have been used in later rounds. If she places a king, that means she had a king on hand and the AI decided it should play a king this round.

Reading posts here makes it seem like there's not much point in trying to play tactically though, as you can apparently just spam random cards and still win 50% of matches.

Reactions: jvdw92

jvdw92

Sep 30, 2019
Akabur's games always make me laugh. Especially with the dialogue choices where you're always allowed to say something really dumb.

Four Elements is even better though. The player character is such a lovable asshole and always finds himself in these absurd situations.

The different colors and the numbers made it very clear to me which cards were mine and which ones were my opponents', but the UI is very barebones to I can totally see how you had a hard time reading it. It's not made easier by the fact that the game is, to my knowledge, made up by the coder and thus the player cannot immediately just "get it" from experience (compare to Go Fish in the last book, or just old regular Blackjack).

As for her kings, you have the same kind of cards in your decks and the goal is to score higher than your opponent in any given round without going overboard and wasting high cards that could have been used in later rounds. If she places a king, that means she had a king on hand and the AI decided it should play a king this round.

Reading posts here makes it seem like there's not much point in trying to play tactically though, as you can apparently just spam random cards and still win 50% of matches.
agree and because i never want to be an asshole

Die007

Mar 21, 2018
Okay, so call be the dumb blonde bitch in the room but I need some help! I decided to restart and play the game from the beginning for some fun and know I'm stuck on book 2. the walkthrough is not helpful nor as accurate as I hoped it would be (am I the only one) and I can't advance the story at all.

So I just got back from Ember Island and I have to saves where I pissed of Mai in on version and pissed of Azula in the other but both have me going nowhere. The guide says after the 22nd day, but I'm at 56 and no events are triggering or advancing. Help would be nice if anyone can help!

Thanks a bunch! Muah!
Visit shady at night in alley

moyini8618@mailop7

Apr 28, 2020
Are there any other games with writing this good?

I seriously can’t even remember the last time a VN made me laugh, like, actually physically out loud. The writer for this project actually has something here.

Even though the more serious moments feel kinda unearned in the slave routes, they usually find a way to make the “breaking” believable for the characters too.

(Dis)honorable mention to “A town uncovered”. I wouldn’t say has writing nearly as good but there are a couple lines here and there near the beginning (before the new writer joined) that got a smirk or a small chuckle. Which is pretty rare in itself.
Check out "the last sovereign" it isn't funny but it is filled with intricate storytelling and a great plot the only downside is they don't have any art for visual sex scenes but this is made up by the very detailed and descriptive written sex scenes.
so long as you have even a bit of a imagination it gets the job done

• Angry
Reactions: Sole and Dadak

Spin112

Jan 30, 2020
this is a pretty good game . The art style is nice and the story is good as well and i hope that we can get more trainer games like this in the future.

Reactions: Dardanit

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
this is a pretty good game . The art style is nice and the story is good as well and i hope that we can get more trainer games like this in the future.
Yea, I'm so sick of "trainer" games where I spend 30-50 in game days and have barely made any progress corrupting and am forced to grind for resources like I'm playing an rts

Tyrantnyx

Mar 2, 2018
Check out "the last sovereign" it isn't funny but it is filled with intricate storytelling and a great plot the only downside is they don't have any art for visual sex scenes but this is made up by the very detailed and descriptive written sex scenes.
The most recent update actually added art for sex scenes. Chapter 1 art is complete at the moment I believe.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018

I always forget this game is sorta ripping off another game. I haven’t played any akabur games but I’ll give it a shot.

Sounds interesting for sure. I’ve heard the name here and there, it gets some high praise

No visuals huh?

Seems like with western games, either you have high visual with no descriptions or now, lotsa descriptions with high visuals. Eh. I can make a lot of things work.

adocica

Jun 3, 2018
When amon attacked my game got this message

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'b4_screen_airtemple'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "bk3_l_maze.rpyc", line 3081, in script call
  File "bk4_xtra/bk4_scripts_xtra/bk4_s_main.rpyc", line 23069, in script
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\Jogos\1 visual novel\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1600, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\Jogos\1 visual novel\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.6a-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'b4_screen_airtemple'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.6a
Wed Apr 29 10:46:49 2020

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes