gfvhjvh

Jun 25, 2020
Can you help me with Toph. I am playing Love Route and Katara says go free toph from tonnels but i cant find her. I checked every room in this tonnels and opened door to snake statue without head. i can't find toph. help anyone. Another weird thing that toph still can distract while playing shady games

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
Another Halloween special huh?
Eh...as someone who has no connection to it(and really doesnt particularly care about holiday specials in the first plays)I wish he would rather use the time to touch up or create new h-content for the old books.
Not just would that actually bolster the earlier content(and lets be honest here...Book 1 could really use it)but also give a reason for the old userbase to revisit them while basicly adding no workload to the coder(as well as giving mister artist some writing experience since such scenes arent exactly hard to write).

Oh well,americans gonna america I guess,good for you guys.
Yeah, every regular art update has custom art as well, the artist definitely has a lot of energy to spare. Last Halloween it almost looked like he picked up basic coding just to offer something, albeit unsubstantial and irrelevant to the game.

Reactions: Balrog

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I wasn't aware cbob was the writer as well as programmer.
This changes things totally. A writer block can last years, and there's nothing that can be done with that.
that's likely part of the reason why there's no 'backup', 'extra', or such, coder. assume he might think up the story as he writes toe basic codes for it, at the same time. you think up something and have that picture in mind, which would go where and do what, and you tell your buddy what pictures you need to fill it.
any extRAR coder would possibly be stuck having to ask what's next for each 5 lines of code, or such.

not that familiar with Python, but the problems i do remember from old age stuff.
just we did machine codes onto the HW or assembler when lazy. different times.

Reactions: Xto

FireSauner0

Nov 15, 2018
that's likely part of the reason why there's no 'backup', 'extra', or such, coder. assume he might think up the story as he writes toe basic codes for it, at the same time. you think up something and have that picture in mind, which would go where and do what, and you tell your buddy what pictures you need to fill it.
any extRAR coder would possibly be stuck having to ask what's next for each 5 lines of code, or such.
I think so too. It isn't a question about money, or assets. It is a question about implementation. ,,Can we employ a secondary coder in a way that would be more efficient than our current setup?" and such. I think with a project of this scope, there is no amount of coders that'd speed it up while the original coder is "bottlenecking" it.

I personally think he does plenty enough, writing the entire game, creating gameplay (as much as can be in a ren'py game) implementing all of that, and more. Think about it... All the (or most of the) dialogue, scenes, locations, characters, jokes, etc. are his to write (even without the coding, that seems like a lot to do, and knowing it is a creative process, it is prone to suffer from personal stuff more than the coding itself, in my opinion)

Don't get me wrong, i hate the delays too, especially the last one that lasted months, and Patreon's structure certainly doesn't help, but waiting another week is a small price.

Reactions: Xto and MusicSoft

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
I think so too. It isn't a question about money, or assets. It is a question about implementation. ,,Can we employ a secondary coder in a way that would be more efficient than our current setup?" and such. I think with a project of this scope, there is no amount of coders that'd speed it up while the original coder is "bottlenecking" it.

I personally think he does plenty enough, writing the entire game, creating gameplay (as much as can be in a ren'py game) implementing all of that, and more. Think about it... All the (or most of the) dialogue, scenes, locations, characters, jokes, etc. are his to write (even without the coding, that seems like a lot to do, and knowing it is a creative process, it is prone to suffer from personal stuff more than the coding itself, in my opinion)

Don't get me wrong, i hate the delays too, especially the last one that lasted months, and Patreon's structure certainly doesn't help, but waiting another week is a small price.
How much of the writing is done by the coder, really? Given that the artist finishes his art much earlier, he is the one responsible for the main arc and even side shit (because where else would side stuff lead then dirty art). Does the artist give the coder just a gist of the story? I doubt it.

I think the coder's writing input is the neverending bickering of two guards, Shady and similar excentricities (remember the pointless multiple choice in the last build where all the options were obscure food?). Maybe we can distinguish the slapstick and meta humor from the rest.

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
The coder doing the story doesn't change that most if not all delays could be avoid by simply hiring backup, literaly none of the delays as of now were due to a writing block, it was always failing to code a minigame or losing his shit due to a burn out.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes