TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
No. Even writers as JRR Martin have writing blocks that last for years. I thought it was coding, but it's writing. I can't blame him for this, and so should you.
Honestly yeah. At this point, either he rushes out something sub par and people point out how shit the writting is like in book 4 slave route. Or he takes time to make it good. And as a consumer I'd rather he takes time to make it good because when it eventually comes out it will be worth it, and even worth replays. But if he rushes it, it's gonna always be a bad part of the story that people trash.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah, I agree, nothing can be done for the writing, it's totaly different from the coding aspect, it either goes well or it doesn't.
that's what i was talking about some pages back, why some extra coder could be of less help as expected.
i could bet he's writing the story right into the code, while coding. that would at least explain the spaghetti.

Reactions: TrueJackal

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Oh, kinda late and had to go through about 10 pages... and now I sympathize with cbob more than ever!

I'm a programmer with aspirations for writing, and not only I have some depression bursts now and then, one of them caused by a coding issue I fixed VERY easily after getting better,
I also have some severe cases of writers' block. Recently gave a cliff's notes version of the ending of my more popular story in fanfiction.net, so long the block on it has been I thought unfair for the readers.

So yeah. I can totally see something with the level of writing of this game being stuck for months due to writers' block.
As I said, sometimes we may have the script, a mental storyboard, to me that is even easy really... but in order to put it into words, into the characters and descriptions, that is the part that really blocks you hard.

And then when coding a game, both game design, including gameplay thus the coding (in this cases minigames) and story should hopefully be integrated, so a block in one harms the other too. And when the story asks for a new minigame to be added...
Art can use a placeholder, or be made in advance if plans are already made - as mentioned my story had a fully planned plot but the block was in putting it as readable, interesting story. So the artist being done but the coder not means nothing...

(Also, about those talking about how the h scenes in the slave route are better than the love ones... that's the idea, isn't it? Love for story and character development, slave for sexy times focus?)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

Leo Dustin

Nov 5, 2016
Oh, kinda late and had to go through about 10 pages... and now I sympathize with cbob more than ever!

I'm a programmer with aspirations for writing, and not only I have some depression bursts now and then, one of them caused by a coding issue I fixed VERY easily after getting better,
I also have some severe cases of writers' block. Recently gave a cliff's notes version of the ending of my more popular story in fanfiction.net, so long the block on it has been I thought unfair for the readers.

So yeah. I can totally see something with the level of writing of this game being stuck for months due to writers' block.
As I said, sometimes we may have the script, a mental storyboard, to me that is even easy really... but in order to put it into words, into the characters and descriptions, that is the part that really blocks you hard.

And then when coding a game, both game design, including gameplay thus the coding (in this cases minigames) and story should hopefully be integrated, so a block in one harms the other too. And when the story asks for a new minigame to be added...
Art can use a placeholder, or be made in advance if plans are already made - as mentioned my story had a fully planned plot but the block was in putting it as readable, interesting story. So the artist being done but the coder not means nothing...

(Also, about those talking about how the h scenes in the slave route are better than the love ones... that's the idea, isn't it? Love for story and character development, slave for sexy times focus?)
I wonder if coding causes depression

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Oh fuck I didn't realize you asked a question before, lemme answer
I'm still on book 3, I basically completed Toph's arc but I think since I was so eager to get it over with I ignored everything else and the game apparently didn't want me to do that so I have to complete the other girls before I can move on. I've already done Korra's slave route though so I don't need to do that one.
ah yes, guess you got stuck at some point then, kinda can't really finish the Toph part without the sidelines.
then again, i do like the Jo Dee content of slave route more than the love route one. that's just me.

May 30, 2020
Honestly yeah. At this point, either he rushes out something sub par and people point out how shit the writting is like in book 4 slave route. Or he takes time to make it good. And as a consumer I'd rather he takes time to make it good because when it eventually comes out it will be worth it, and even worth replays. But if he rushes it, it's gonna always be a bad part of the story that people trash.
Yeah, I agree, nothing can be done for the writing, it's totaly different from the coding aspect, it either goes well or it doesn't.
No. Even writers as JRR Martin have writing blocks that last for years. I thought it was coding, but it's writing. I can't blame him for this, and so should you.
As somewhat of a writer myself I totally understand this problem. It sucks when you lose inspiration, and keeping interest in projects for years is a whole other pain. I will wait with baited breath for any progress. They haven't failed us yet.

Reactions: TrueJackal

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Writing block is a bitch and I dont think anyone is arguing otherwise. What sucks is when we're left in the dark for weeks with no word, thankfully the coders updated us (even though he had to be prodded by the artist to do so each time). The delay sucks but I agree better to have to wait and it be good than rush it and it be subpar.

Especially now since this update might very well be the last one of 2020, not counting the potential Halloween special the artist hinted at.

Reactions: iamnotthetruck

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
this hiatus is being better for me than jojo's.
I at first mistook the month to last month, then mistook the day to 12 of this month instead of 17, and have been updating mangadex all the time waiting for the scanlation

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes