Dardanit

Feb 10, 2019
I dont fucking care about Halloween Stuff...

I WANT THE MAIN UPDATE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CODER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!!

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
I dont fucking care about Halloween Stuff...

I WANT THE MAIN UPDATE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CODER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!!
y'know what doesnt help with wrighters block? yellin at and pressurin the writer, joke or not that was pretty rude and counter productive

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
The main build probably wont be till next month at the earliest, based on the Artists replies to comments hes not getting much info from the coder either which is not a good sign. I feel bad because Im sure I come off as overly pessimistic but I really do love this game and I dont want to see it fail but even the best made games can get crippled by dev issues. If the coder is facing a burnout they just need to go ahead and take a break, pause their patreon (unless the artist decides to do something in the meantime, a mini project kind of like the Halloween update) and during the hiatus work out a better plan for consistent updates, address the issues the coder seems to have with communication and work ethic (he seems to crunch really hard over short periods of time and exhaust himself) or hire more help. But the problem is they aren't going to do any of that because the vast majority of their patrons have made it clear that they'll support them no matter what they do, so what would be the incentive to try and fix anything when your team of 2 is making 26K a month regardless of how often updates are released?

I dont think theyre out to scam anyone, the artist at least seems legitimately passionate about the game and has on multiple occasions stepped up when the coder has fallen short, but I just don't think they're in any hurry to fix many of the issues they've been having throughout the games development because why bother when the money is still coming in and theres next to no indication the majority of their supporters are even bothered by it.

Wreav501

Oct 4, 2019
I'm curious, how long has the coder been in burnout, or at least with delays? I've been following this game for less than 2 months

Feb 5, 2018
I'm curious, how long has the coder been in burnout, or at least with delays? I've been following this game for less than 2 months
Coder has been very unreliable since summer 2019. Artist has always been great and his art is what adds the real value to this project. They are making big money now but the coder is not up to the task anymore, he has been given beyond plenty time to recover, but to no avail. Coder is known for wasting massive amounts of time, trying to implement his mini-games nobody wants and then fail. Holding the update hostage for weeks, sometimes months because of this.

Darune

Jun 5, 2018
Coder has been very unreliable since summer 2019. Artist has always been great and his art is what adds the real value to this project. They are making big money now but the coder is not up to the task anymore, he has been given beyond plenty time to recover, but to no avail. Coder is known for wasting massive amounts of time, trying to implement his mini-games nobody wants and then fail. Holding the update hostage for weeks, sometimes months because of this.
Sadly that is true, the coder should probably be replaced

Reactions: FriendlyBear12
Apr 29, 2020
Darune
Problem with development is. You cant just replace a coder. This game is 80% finished if you replaced the coder now the new coder will need to work himself into the legacy code which will at least take a month if not even longer. You can`t just replace a coder. Thats not how this works and is a common missunderstanding made by many Product managers/Owners in bigger industries. If you have a project and there are 2 programmers working on it. Replacing one will slow down the project not fasten development. Since there will be many quirks and smirks little to no documentation because it was made wit the "modern techniques" agile and Scrum. And the Artist did stuff the way cbob wanted to which the new coder also has to adjust too. In a project it also comes down to personal things e.g. if you can work with a person or not based on Values, behaviour and ideas. If the working style doesn`t fit one person needs to adjust, which also takes time and enthusiasm.

TL; DR; Replacing a coder is not as simple as snipping a finger.

alma001

Sep 16, 2017
Played this game a long time ago, around the middle of book 2. It was a fantastic product so I've decided to wait for the final version to play the complete experience.

Could someone help me out, is the version (0.9) representing the current completeness to the developer plans to finish the game with the next major update?

I see some comments about burnout within the dev teem, no problem from my side been there also in my job, wishing the best to the developers, so I can wait, I am really just curious that do we know whether it is planned to finish the product with the next update or not yet?

Thank you all!

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes