MizoreS

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2018
Last time I checked this out, Book 3 wasn't even finished yet. Looks like its made a fair bit of progress since then. Time to get stuck in again.

Reactions: qwertydude69

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Oni Updated the game this or last week, and I have to said, I was impresed He finished Jean and added a new pose for Laura
Oh he did? must be the same issue that caused me to have to read 30+ pages in a go then. Need to check it out by hand.

Doesn't change the fact he is known in his own thread to take a long while between updates.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, just a few points...

There is one crucial difference between FET, Rogue-like Evolution and Witch Hunter Trainer. FET makes over $26K per month, Rogue-like Evolution only over $6K/month, Witch Hunter probably much, much less than that. Some people feel such things matter and I get that.

I would agree that suspecting FET of milking money is far-fetched. On the other hand, having a completely non-critical audience, or even an audience full of zealous defenders of the project, can potentially lead to lowering of standards - both of punctuality and of the product's overall quality. Most of you might disagree, but at several points in Book 4 Slave Route's dialogue I felt they were barely trying.

Yes, they later issued an "apology" relieving patrons of their commitments, but it is anachronistic to use it as a counterargument to discussions which occurred long before that. Moreover, I feel such a decision could have arrived a month-or-so sooner, which would make them seem more credible than now.

I resent the assertion that non-patrons have no right to be critical about the project. People who haven't supported it financially might have less weight to their arguments, sure, but in no way should they be discredited from speeking their minds. Of course, I am also a non-patron, so feel free to ignore my arguments entirely.

Listen, if cbob needs time to figure shit out, I'm all for it. Let him take as much time as he needs. All I want is for this to be properly and timely announced to not keep people in the dark. Maybe I'm just bitter over the insincerity I sense in most update posts they make, using poor pseudohumor to jump around the fact that nothing got done again.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
I don't say non-patrons have no right to be critical.

As long as it is about the quality of the material. Like your recent ones about the slave route (which as pointed out has always been of lesser writing).

Patrons are the one paying, so they should be the ones with the right to complain about the delays and if any "milking" is being done of them.
Anyone else, we are only fans of the product, not really clients. We have no right to act as if it was a personal slight.

That said, your argument that they should have said that earlier is valid. Maybe they were hoping he got better earlier and it would not be needed, but it took a bit too long and makes it seem insincere and just to cover their bases.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018

As long as it is about the quality of the material. Like your recent ones about the slave route (which as pointed out has always been of lesser writing).

Patrons are the one paying, so they should be the ones with the right to complain about the delays and if any "milking" is being done of them.
Anyone else, we are only fans of the product, not really clients. We have no right to act as if it was a personal slight.

That said, your argument that they should have said that earlier is valid. Maybe they were hoping he got better earlier and it would not be needed, but it took a bit too long and makes it seem insincere and just to cover their bases.
Oh, so I misunderstood your original point about the patrons, sorry for that. However, I would find it pertinent for non-patrons to discuss potential milking practices if they ever consider becoming a patron.

It's true that the artist wasn't in the know either. Sometimes it can't be helped.

Oleg1052

Jan 22, 2019
Guys, pls help. On Android just stuck on first loading screen. Trying another links(sites), but only 0.8.0 works. Whats the problem.

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
hey guys, here's an update on Avatar's Journey thread. i thought you might like the post :p

also, i was informed by close friend of mine who is patron, he said that here's trouble with MITY's development.. althrough it's not confirmed by Mity themselves but it appears that November release was pushed back. unknown reasons.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
also, i was informed by close friend of mine who is patron, he said that here's trouble with MITY's development.. althrough it's not confirmed by Mity themselves but it appears that November release was pushed back. unknown reasons.
Unless they PM'ed MITY directly there's been no public statement or response.

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Unfortunately I wouldnt be surprised if it was delayed again for the 3rd (maybe 4th?) time so far.

They really just need to take a hiatus, its clear something more is going on behind the scenes and its obvious we probably aren't going to be told why given how cryptic they're being as to what the problem might be. The more we do the same song and dance of (expected timeframe > silence > "its delayed but itll be out soon" post > repeat) the more its going to bug people, with the exception of some of their patrons who are fine with giving them money each month for nothing.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017

Here's the thing: there can be a myriad of reasons as to why non-patrons are non-patrons in the first place: Either they have no money to support the game in the first place, maybe they felt that their money could be better spent elsewhere, maybe they felt that the quality took a dive and decided to withdraw the pledge (at which point it can quite clearly be a personal slight), or something else entirely.
To just go "Eh, non-patrons criticism of XYZ's development practices and unexpected delays have no valid ground." is an awfully reductive way of looking at the situation, when in practice it should be the developer asking themselves: "Well, what can I do to convince these people that played my game enough to give out criticism so that they part with their money?" It's up to the developer to make sure that they can deliver their product on time, even if this means having to deal with unexpected roadblocks along the way, not on the customer or even potential customer having to wait out any and all delay and take it without being able to criticize it. And when customers start talking, onlookers and potential customers (which would be non-Patrons) will see that you have trouble staying on schedule (that you yourself set) and you'll make a very bad first impression to those potential customers.

As a little side note, I for example supported the game with 20$/m for quite a while up until a bit short of 2 years ago, yet decided to drop the pledge entirely and did not put it back on, partially because I just had to cut down on expenses, but also because there were some unusually heavy delays when they managed to crank out an update every 45 days or so pretty reliably (beginnings and ends not included).

Point is: The burden is not on the potential supporter to just be denied any form of criticism to the devs practices, but instead is entirely on the developer to actually get something unique enough out - be it through style, writing or whatnot - to attract more supporters in the first place and then to use said income appropriately to (if anything) ensure the quality stays the same, if not even improve on it further so you can stay in that market.

Last edited:

FangOfDrknss

May 14, 2018
How come this game isn’t on Steam? I’ve seen someone recently posted a pony game of their own on there, and it’s apparently legal, even though they’re obviously ripping off, because the assets are original and they’re using a different title.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
How come this game isn’t on Steam? I’ve seen someone recently posted a pony game of their own on there, and it’s apparently legal, even though they’re obviously ripping off, because the assets are original and they’re using a different title.
Friendship is Benefits changes the original models, changes the names of people and places, and makes sure that that it only REMINDS you of the original series. By all technicalities, it falls under parody.

Four Elements does none of that.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes