iganasuK

Jul 16, 2018
Is there a way to get involved with fixing MTL? I minored in Japanese, so if I could get my hands on the MTL and the original script, I'd be happy to try and do a proper localization pass.
Someone here in this thread said he's already working on a proper TL, you can contact him if you want to see if he needs help in something i guess ? His user name is Bolt237 on the page 39.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Thaewyn

Nov 28, 2020
Someone here in this thread said he's already working on a proper TL, you can contact him if you want to see if he needs help in something i guess ? His user name is Bolt237 on the page 39.
Aha! so there is. Thanks, friend =]

Yes, translation is still being worked on, but I am only one person with not much free time, and the game is huge.
Hey there! If you're still working on it, could I help out as well?

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
So, the top spots on the trending list, they're advertisement? Or just a manipulated system?

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Hey there! If you're still working on it, could I help out as well?
Oh
I'm very glad to hear your offer, but the bulk of it is already finished... there's still quite a bit left (mostly just h-scenes) but at this point I was expecting to complete it myself. If it were earlier I would have gladly accepted. Actually we might be able to work something out if you're still interested.

So, the top spots on the trending list, they're advertisement? Or just a manipulated system?
I have no idea. This one's been up there for ages.

Thaewyn

Nov 28, 2020
Oh
I'm very glad to hear your offer, but the bulk of it is already finished... there's still quite a bit left (mostly just h-scenes) but at this point I was expecting to complete it myself. If it were earlier I would have gladly accepted. Actually we might be able to work something out if you're still interested.
Hah, only if you think it would meaningfully help you out. I definitely don't want to swoop in and steal your well-earned credit if you're nearly done.

If you're not too burned out by this one maybe we can work together on another project? =]

Reactions: WiredRM

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Hah, only if you think it would meaningfully help you out. I definitely don't want to swoop in and steal your well-earned credit if you're nearly done.

If you're not too burned out by this one maybe we can work together on another project? =]
I don't care about the credit thing, I'd be glad to have some help, but there will be some loss of consistency, it's actually difficult to collaborate given the programs I'm using, etc.
I'm probably not going to do anything for a while after this is done but I'll be glad for help in the future... in the meantime there's plenty of games in need of proper translation.

Reactions: iganasuK

Thaewyn

Nov 28, 2020
I don't care about the credit thing, I'd be glad to have some help, but there will be some loss of consistency, it's actually difficult to collaborate given the programs I'm using, etc.
I'm probably not going to do anything for a while after this is done but I'll be glad for help in the future... in the meantime there's plenty of games in need of proper translation.
Well then yeah, if I can help, just let me know how. As far as other projects, I'd love to get involved, I basically just need someone to point me at where the original jp script and the mtl version files both live, and then I can start grinding through it.

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Well then yeah, if I can help, just let me know how. As far as other projects, I'd love to get involved, I basically just need someone to point me at where the original jp script and the mtl version files both live, and then I can start grinding through it.
It is unfortunately not as simple as that.
There are a number of ways to do it but I've been using Translator++ (it's not great, but it helps) in conjunction with a copy of RPGMaker itself. I could explain how I've been doing it for reference if you want to shoot me a DM.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Hello everyone. Want to play this but it says MTL... but is this decent one to be played?
I would recommend waiting for a bit. A fan translator is currently working on the game. Here is a message they posted on the 11th of November 2020:

Yeah, sure.
Unfortunately it's actually really difficult to quantify how much I've done and how much there is left, due to a variety of reasons, but I can give a rough idea. I'm actually approaching the end part of chapter 5, which is the last chapter of the game. That doesn't mean I'm close to done, though. There's one more gigantic file that contains almost all of the scenes (~7k lines) that I still need to do, as well as do a pass-over on some things and to do some extra work to make the game suitable for playing. Also keep in mind that my pace will vary heavily from day to day depending on real life. Basically, it'll be done when it's done. Hopefully soon. Within next two months at latest.
After that another user offered to help them with certain tasks, so here's hoping for an early 2021 release.

Sin-xix

Feb 21, 2018
I would recommend waiting for a bit. A fan translator is currently working on the game. Here is a message they posted on the 11th of November 2020:

After that another user offered to help them with certain tasks, so here's hoping for an early 2021 release.
will it get reuploaded on the latest updates page when the translation comes out or do we have to follow this thread?
I seem to miss notifications from time to time.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes