Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
After many months and many hundreds of hours, here it is- the translation patch: (1.0c)

Simply extract and copy into your game folder, overwriting files. Make a backup if you want.

There are bound to be errors, typos, and other mistakes, so please point out anything if you see it so I can fix it.

Remember to support the developer. And don't support MTLs. Have higher standards.

EDIT:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Reckless4545

Nov 25, 2020
After many months and many hundreds of hours, here it is- the translation patch:
Mega

Simply extract and copy into your game folder, overwriting files. Make a backup if you want.

There are bound to be errors, typos, and other mistakes, so please point out anything if you see it so I can fix it.

Remember to support the developer. And don't support MTLs. Have higher standards.
Nice, now I wont have to actually think to understand the mtl gorilla speak and instead use this. Thanks.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
After many months and many hundreds of hours, here it is- the translation patch:
Mega

It's on, lads and lasses! It's fuckin' on!!!

You rule, Bolt237! I can't wait to be able to play this game.

As a side note, how will your patch interact with the unofficial fixes by Silentce? Have you implemented them already or should they be applied before/after the translation patch? Or they will they conflict with each other and break the game?

iganasuK

Jul 16, 2018
Mega

Doing god Works, thank you Very much for the TL, are you planning to work on something else or nah ?

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
It's on, lads and lasses! It's fuckin' on!!!

You rule, Bolt237! I can't wait to be able to play this game.

As a side note, how will your patch interact with the unofficial fixes by Silentce? Have you implemented them already or should they be applied before/after the translation patch? Or they will they conflict with each other and break the game?
Oh, that is a good point that I completely forgot about.
I don't remember and am not sure exactly what he did. You can try it and see what happens but for best results I recommend just finding a raw copy and patching that.

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
So, no applying any other patch besides the TL one then right?
I'm fairly certain it will still work since my patch will probably overwrite everything that was changed.
Or, you can do it and see what happens. I'm kind of curious.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Hey there, Silentce! Could you help us out a bit? Bolt237 has completed his manual translation of the game and now we're wondering whether his translation and your patches will work together.

What exactly do your patches do? One is an image fix and status screen translation, is the other a clean-up of the MTL? And if we need the patches in order to have a bug free experience, is there a way to merge the TL and your patches?

Thank you for the time and effort you have put in this game and I hope I haven't bothered you. Oh, and godspeed on Desire Eater's translation!

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hey there, Silentce! Could you help us out a bit? Bolt237 has completed his manual translation of the game and now we're wondering whether his translation and your patches will work together.

What exactly do your patches do? One is an image fix and status screen translation, is the other a clean-up of the MTL? And if we need the patches in order to have a bug free experience, is there a way to merge the TL and your patches?

Thank you for the time and effort you have put in this game and I hope I haven't bothered you. Oh, and godspeed on Desire Eater's translation!
What i changed Cant be migrated easily. It has to be done manually for the most part. Most of the breakfixes shouldnt be needed. The biggest part is the Hstatus info. I can redo my patch manually easy enough. If someone provides me the translation i can go in and make the necessary adjustments myself tonite.

Also never a bother. I dont mind being messaged about stuff. I like to help.

Im still working on desire eater taking a break to work on smaller stuff and my own personal life bullshit

Fact Shira

Jul 7, 2017
Mega

I'm not sure if anyone reported this bug yet, but I got this syntax error after losing the fight against maya the first time that lisa can get raped, on the MTL version it didn't crash. Also, I'm not sure if the bug is due to using a save from the MTL version instead of starting a new game with the translated data. Will report on that later (unless someone beats me to it).

1614024466708.png

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not sure if anyone reported this bug yet, but I got this syntax error after losing the fight against maya the first time that lisa can get raped, on the MTL version it didn't crash. Also, I'm not sure if the bug is due to using a save from the MTL version instead of starting a new game with the translated data. Will report on that later (unless someone beats me to it).

View attachment 1049321
Post a save before the fight i will do some digging and see whats wrong in an hour or so when i am home

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
What i changed Cant be migrated easily. It has to be done manually for the most part. Most of the breakfixes shouldnt be needed. The biggest part is the Hstatus info. I can redo my patch manually easy enough. If someone provides me the translation i can go in and make the necessary adjustments myself tonite.

Also never a bother. I dont mind being messaged about stuff. I like to help.

Im still working on desire eater taking a break to work on smaller stuff and my own personal life bullshit
Thanks! Will the files in the translation that Bolt237 provided be enough for the patch implementation or do you need the actual translation files?
Mega

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020

Thanks for letting me know. I've recreated the bug and identified the cause. I've edited my post with a link to the hotfixed version. Please let me know if it happens again in any other scenes.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Bolt237 I switched to the new translation patch and now the currency(lira) is in Japanese. There is also an untranslated line when Selena gets molested in battle. Other than that, the translation is great so far!

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Bolt237 I switched to the new translation patch and now the currency(lira) is in Japanese. There is also an untranslated line when Selena gets molested in battle. Other than that, the translation is great so far!
I merged the new translation with the old game files and Lira is translated. I'm in the game anyways so I'll find an fix what I can see.

Bolt237 All battle quotes are currently untranslated. they can be found in troops.json

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
I think I mixed something up and reverted to an earlier version putting out the 1.0a patch... Let me dig back and figure out what happened.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I have reviewed the files and overwriting the current version that is uploaded with the new translation is fine. All my bugfixes and changes has already been incorporated. I don't see a problem with it. Users will need to start a new game for all the changes to be reflected. I will update the OP once I am sure there is nothing further that needs to be updated.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes