| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I don't think it is going to be converted to Renpy. Dev mentioned somewhere that he finds current engine easier(iirc) and in this update you have to play from start otherwise your saves will be corrupted, it means that code is reworked/optimized. So, it would be logical for dev to shift to renpy than optimize/change code thus, proving the fact that it is not going to be converted to Renpy.

darkslide5006

Jan 13, 2019
why u all rushing isabella? darklove stated that it would be alternate and phillip update wasnt even finished cuz its only half. you all not reading or what?

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
I love Isabella's story more than Phillip. It would be cool if Isabella gets manipulated by the Lady bringing her to her Castle or Mansion. She gives off a Vampire vibe, then turns Isabella dark. Or Have Her Father's Rival kidnap her and brainwash her and turn her dark that way. An excuse to see Isabella wear very revealing Black clothing. "Evil grin"

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I think dev should stop focusing on male MC, content about him is just not interesting. And clearly many people do not like it at all and not showing any interest. I think if dev just focus on Isabella it would draw more attention to this game.
Not all are here for just FMC(yeah I know she's fucking hot, I like her too), some actually like to play MMC more than FMC and DEV is telling a story which is already set in his mind with a few exceptions(improvement, suggestions) here and there. So, we shouldn't confuse Dev with our outrageous demands and we know what happened with many great games, yup they got abandoned as Dev was mixed up in all of that and It was becoming way too stressful for him. :D

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Not all are here for just FMC(yeah I know she's fucking hot, I like her too), some actually like to play MMC more than FMC and DEV is telling a story which is already set in his mind with a few exceptions(improvement, suggestions) here and there. So, we shouldn't confuse Dev with our outrageous demands and we know what happened with many great games, yup they got abandoned as Dev was mixed up in all of that and It was becoming way too stressful for him. :D
yep, even Phillip's brother was more interesting. How I wanted to play the story was to have Isabella be naive and vulnerable to corruption while Phillip stayed Pure and True to Isabella even after meeting the Fairies and Isabella's mother. Yet now it does seem there is more content on Phillip than Isabella.

LoveWhores

May 25, 2018
Not all are here for just FMC
Of course everyone is here for the FMC "Issabella" - No one give a shit about that stupid moron Phillip,actually the ones that preffer MMC are all doing it because of Tristan(Phillip's twin brother) and they just hope in future will be possible to play with him more often then with his stupid twin brother Phillip but since this looks will not happen they too preffer to play with Issabella trying to make her more corrupt and slutty (unfortunatelly this looks to happen too slow - there are already so many updates and till now Issabella didn't do almost anything more slutty and lewd and is keep acting like a prude which is a bit borring...)!

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
I think dev should stop focusing on male MC, content about him is just not interesting. And clearly many people do not like it at all and not showing any interest. I think if dev just focus on Isabella it would draw more attention to this game.
Most people are waiting for Isabella updates, not Phillip updates. The amount of positive reactions to your post underlines this very much.
In general FI was an inspiring idea in the beginning, I also didn't mind the slow pace and the maze like castle map or the rpgm engine in the beginning, but for the time being it keeps to disappoint for several reasons. Phillip is very much an uninteresting character. Hardly people have fun playing as him. I also couldn't care less, what happens to him, while there are much more interesting characters around, which really don't have much content for the time being. Development is extremely slow, so Philip updates feel even more like a big waste of dev time. The focus should clearly be shifted towards Isabella. Most fans would appreciate it.

So, we shouldn't confuse Dev with our outrageous demands and we know what happened with many great games, yup they got abandoned as Dev was mixed up in all of that and It was becoming way too stressful for him. :D
What bullshit statement is this? Constructive criticism is something, which makes EVERY vn or game so much better. Also not everybody is a little insecure snowflake, who will have a serious psychological meltdown and never recover, if confronted with some more or less harsh realities and criticism. (Maybe this also is a generation issue.) Life isn't a pony farm, damn it!
Good devs listen to criticism, which has got a point, but only wise devs will be able to tell the difference between constructive criticism (most often supported by a significant amount of people) and just "net negative" rants by some rather isolated people.
If a dev doesn't listen to constructive criticism he'll lose support. Simple as that and FAIR!

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenKong87

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
...What bullshit statement is this? Constructive criticism is something, which makes EVERY vn or game so much better. Also not everybody is a little insecure snowflake, who will have a serious psychological meltdown and never recover, if confronted with some more or less harsh realities and criticism. (Maybe this also is a generation issue.) Life isn't a pony farm, damn it!
Good devs listen to criticism, which has got a point, but only wise devs will be able to tell the difference between constructive criticism (most often supported by a significant amount of people) and just "net negative" rants by some rather isolated people.
If a dev doesn't listen to constructive criticism he'll lose support. Simple as that and FAIR!
And we don't know/can't tell in which category Dev falls in blud! I pointed out Dev's which fall in this category. Also they are not little insecure snowflakes but were just caught in-between "Vision of game" of user's/patron's and of himself(Dev) and tried to keep their game in-between both or with just of user's/patron's and were unable to convey that story as they would've wanted. It's simple as that!:D

lkjhgfdfghjkl

Jul 1, 2021
Constructive criticism is something, which makes EVERY vn or game so much better
Philip is a significant part of this story, if you are not enjoying his content then constructive criticism might offer ways to make it more appealing to you. Wanting Philip to be made entirely irrelevant in favor of another character you prefer is an example of destructive criticism. These kind of comments that seek to fundamentally change the story being told don't really help the dev at all.

I'm waiting for your suggestions and constructive criticism (If you want me to change absolutely everything about the game then it's not constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: | Vee |

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
Also they are not little insecure snowflakes but were just caught in-between "Vision of game" of user's/patron's and of himself(Dev)...
Some are. It even serves those, who want to silence any kind of criticism, as a justification, because some devs obviously have mental issues and some might even stop completely, what they are doing. Fanboys blame it sometimes on too harsh criticism.

There is a notion lately of silly fanboys becoming all hysterical, if one dares to criticize their precious little favourite vn. There are enough idiots around, who take criticism of a game or vn they like personal.

Philip is a significant part of this story, if you are not enjoying his content then constructive criticism might offer ways to make it more appealing to you. Wanting Philip to be made entirely irrelevant in favor of another character you prefer is an example of destructive criticism. These kind of comments that seek to fundamentally change the story being told don't really help the dev at all.
Phillip bores most people, because of his personality, as you can see in this very thread. There are plenty of positive reactions to the one, who suggested to shift the focus more on Isabella, while there is only a fraction of reactions to those opposing the idea.

Also in this very thread you can read a lot of disappointment, when people ask, if it's gonna be an Isabella update or Phillip one, when they realize it's the latter one. A good dev draws a line somewhere. If quite a lot of people don't appreciate Phillip somehow, the original vision might need to change to some degree (not completely).

Also nobody asked to make Phillip "entirely irrelevant" - you just made this up! Just treat him as another character, who will get updates to his storyline from time to time, but shift the main focus on Isabella (like producing 4 or 5 updates for Isabella in a row, before Phillip gets another update). I'm sure, that would make a lot of people happier with the game.

It's even more realistic, that Isabella will see and have more situations, where she might be tempted. There is a significant difference between males and females, when it comes to advances of the opposite sex. A beautiful woman will experience advances way more often than an attractive male. That's just the way it is. So it would be very much justified by realism to have several Isabella updates before a next Phillip update.

When an attrractive male goes out and would ask random women to have sex with him, the vast majority of approached females would clearly deny him, despite him being attractive, some might even feel molested and call the police. When an attractive female would do the same, asking random men to have sex with her, I can tell you, that around 85+ % of approached males would instantly say: YES, let's go!
Or another example: it's a well known fact on modern day dating platforms/apps like Tinder and others, that even mediocre attractive women will have a lot more matches and private messages daily than an attractive male.

In general constructive criticism proposes a solution to an issue, many people seem to have. This is exactly what I and others have done. You try to portray it as negative rant, which is simply wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenKong87

Galaktur

Aug 3, 2020
When there are two main characters in the game, it creates a lot of problems. This is an increase in event branches, which lengthens the creation of the game in time. This is not a masterpiece and no one will wait 10 years for Isabella to sleep with someone.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
...Also nobody asked to make Phillip "entirely irrelevant" - you just made this up!...
I think you missed a few post above, this is the post I was replying to, look how many agree with him.

...Phillip bores most people, because of his personality, as you can see in this very thread. There are plenty of positive reactions to the one, who suggested to shift the focus more on Isabella, while there is only a fraction of reactions to those opposing the idea....
Characters develop as story flows.

...Just treat him as another character, who will get updates to his storyline from time to time, but shift the main focus on Isabella (like producing 4 or 5 updates for Isabella in a row, before Phillip gets another update). I'm sure, that would make a lot of people happier with the game...
There is a reason the game is tagged as Male protagonist and Female protagonist. Dev clearly stated his intentions and is sticking to them as he wants to tell a story, his thoughts.

Overview:
"Fragile Innocence" - is a RPG-style story-oriented open world game where your decisions shape the future of two main characters. You take the role of Prince Philip and Princess Isabella,the future rulers of neighboring kingdoms...​

Developer Notes:
...When it comes to netorare aspect of the game, I will say this: I don't like cuckold stuff. If the game will get ntr tag, it's becasue there are routes with 'cheating'. Isabella and Philip are both fully playable characters. What will happen with their relationship depends on the player.

Early in the game Isabella will have more exposure than Philip. The only reason of that is the fact that the story takes place in her Kingdom. When the prologue will be finally finished (I would say within 2 next updates) Philip will travel to a different location, where I will introduce many new female characters that he can interact with.

Once again I want to mention, this is not a game about slutty female MC that cheats on her weak boyfriend with beta personality. The story will revolve mostly on corruption and seduction of both characters.

I'm waiting for your suggestions and constructive criticism (If you want me to change absolutely everything about the game then it's not constructive criticism. It just means the game is not for you). Bear in mind I'm not native english speaker, so some lines may sound wonky and stiff.

Reactions: lkjhgfdfghjkl

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
Characters develop as story flows.
No doubt. But it the character either has to be interesting or he has an interesting character arc. Or both. But at the moment, this far into the story, the audience are still not buying into the character evidently.

Something needs to be done to rectify this. Back to the drawing board. What is the significance of Philip's character to the story? Why is he important? Why should the audience care? What is it that Philip lacks that other male characters in successful male protag games has?

3.70 star(s) 40 Votes