zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The Sec mod work is still ongoing as far as I can see. Due to that, starting a new game with it is not possible atm.

And it seems 8chan is shut down.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
8chan is going to be down for the foreseeable future because of cenorship and all the fake outrage by the media. But the gitgud repo seems to be working.
Political correctness seems to be in the vogue. And its not a crime to be stupid....

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
The Sec mod work is still ongoing as far as I can see. Due to that, starting a new game with it is not possible atm.
The Sec mod works previously in build 1048. In build 1050, there's a major re-write, mostly grouping previously scattered variables into a separate group.

As I've said, I'm able to get it running without errors, at least none that I can see right now. If anyone interested, I'm attaching a fix to get it running. Tested in the updated gitgud code I pulled an hour ago.

If you do use it, re-compile the source after unpacking the attached file, overwriting the source downloaded from gitgud. It's recommended you start a new game to use it. Or, if you want to use your existing savegame, after loading your savegame and enabling the mod, open up the javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+K in firefox) and type this then hit 'Enter':
Code:
App.SecExp.Check.general()

Last edited:

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
My only problem with this game is once you get the FS base you make stupid amounts of money doing nothing.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
My only problem with this game is once you get the FS base you make stupid amounts of money doing nothing.
You mean Special Forces. Their upgrades should consume a fair amount of moolah. The FS returns is based on what rules you assign to them, and also their numbers, more FS troops = less loot for you.

You can leverage your excess cash into the corporation. Keep buying shares, then split 1 for 10 when dividend[set it at 5%, and payout unused cash] is paid. Makes the share value increase dramatically. Its a great place to sink money.

Or send more children to the private tutors, which increases upkeep.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
If you want difficulty, ratchet up the economic difficulty during the game start, there are two settings above vanilla.
That actually makes early game difficult, because prosperity grows slowly. But it makes late game easy, by giving more profit to the special forces.

doomdoging1

Nov 2, 2018
anyone got a link to the recompiled versions mega? *EDIT* found it but its not been updated for awhile

Last edited:
Reactions: lightpurple

brady560

Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the updates? I know it been awhile but guess 8chan gone and I cant find a good link to update pregmod

Bazz

Sep 9, 2017
Somebody could speak with FS devs? Maybe (he/she/they) could came hare? I think this forum could provide good communication.

D D

Oct 23, 2017
Somebody could speak with FS devs? Maybe (he/she/they) could came hare? I think this forum could provide good communication.
I suspect though that pregmod does not conform to some restrictions of the f95 site which could make it intersting trying to create a community hub on the site.
I did read that they pregmodder is aware of the scattered community and is pretty much waiting for the dust to settle

Reactions: Bazz

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
If you want difficulty, ratchet up the economic difficulty during the game start, there are two settings above vanilla.
I've already stuck it at the highest possible difficulty setting, and shorty after getting the firestrike base you gain money faster than you can spend it. You start off making 700k a week then it increases to 6 million week and beyond, that's with setting the troops to passive and trade only.

The economy is a bit wonky. The amount the girls are worth to sell is too high as well, you can buy them for 1000 put them in education and tart them up a bit spending about 20k then sell them for 300k, and most of them end up coming back for 5k because they hate their new master and you can sell them again after spending a few weeks fixing them for 300k again.

I had the same girl come back 4 times so far, you'd think she would get the hint :).

Maybe I should set myself some new challenges like robot women only or something LOL. Replace as many organs as you can then sell.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
I suspect though that pregmod does not conform to some restrictions of the f95 site which could make it intersting trying to create a community hub on the site.
I did read that they pregmodder is aware of the scattered community and is pretty much waiting for the dust to settle
There might be a little leeway since it's a text only game, but it doesn't really matter either way - the bigger factor is the simple fact that the 8chan community... doesn't exactly think highly of (to put it mildly) basically any community that isn't as socially retarded as they are, f95 included. So even if the game was allowed here, trying to get any sort of major hub going would be a complete and utter shitshow.

I do wish pregmodfan or someone else influential would at least set up a temporary discord server or something

4.40 star(s) 22 Votes