GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Did they delete a handful of messages, I swear we had this discussion last week but someone posted a direct link before any of the lurkers responded that it was not allowed and then there was a yelling match about wanting them to edit the message to remove the link.

But yea, project is in a weird place where we can talk about pregmod being the ongoing continuation but not link to it and apparently no changing the thread opening post or the title.

Ions

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Wild Question I was wondering since years now - From all of the Games I've played so far on this wonderful platform - and believe me its not a small amount - Free Cities always was and still is one of my favourites of all time. So far not a single other game was able to give me the "full slave management" experience(even though jack o was also very good even though its not the exact same itch) and I really really want to experience that all again. I've replayed this games a good ammount of times and also tried pregmod and the likes but what I would love most of all is sombody or a group of people remaking and reimagining this game.

Till today people seem to love FC and I thought why not set up some kind of bounty to encourage somebody to redevelop it ? I would love to know what you guys think about that and how one could go about doing smth like that :)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
Till today people seem to love FC and I thought why not set up some kind of bounty to encourage somebody to redevelop it ? I would love to know what you guys think about that and how one could go about doing smth like that :)
It would help if you could explain what needs to be redeveloped. What is wrong with the current (pregmod) version of the game? What would have to be developed differently?

Pregmod is very actively developed. Looking at the last few months, I see that several new features have been added (new genetic quirks, new pit and slave combat, vasectomies, etc.), new random events, a new Future Society (Antebellum Revivalism), etc. And the webGL art has also been updated: the animated poses are very nice and make the characters even more alive.

What else would you like to see that would require a redesign instead of an extension of the current game?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
It has been tried repeatedly and a lot of people are sour about it because the ideamen didn't pay what they were promising or kept moving the goal post or it turned out someone's big idea was to copy and sterilize the pregmod source code then try to monetize the project on patreon or something.

Reactions: Ions and Argentus67

Argentus67

Nov 19, 2021
>reCelebrityDebt event
What is this about?
its reworked event that was originally there but was unfinished.
"A new event involving the auction of a celebrity who's addiction has put them in massive amounts of debt with their manager."

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
>RECelebrityDebt event
What is this about?
not sure if the R is Random or Repeatable, Event. A celebrity is in debt to their manager for their drug addictions.

It is a prestige 2 slave, but they are in rough health from drug abuse and 'hopelessly' addicted to aphrodisiacs. I would hope the price reflects those facts.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
its reworked event that was originally there but was unfinished.
"A new event involving the auction of a celebrity who's addiction has put them in massive amounts of debt with their manager."
not sure if the R is Random or Repeatable, Event. A celebrity is in debt to their manager for their drug addictions.

It is a prestige 2 slave, but they are in rough health from drug abuse and 'hopelessly' addicted to aphrodisiacs. I would hope the price reflects those facts.
A bit lame but at least it's something. Was hoping it was some sort of MC-sub event. Thanks for responding.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020

RE is the prefix for Random Events. Standard price calculations take into account prestige and health. Slave pricing doesn't consider addiction because it's not actually a negative most of the time. If you administer aphrodesiacs to your slaves, it's a bonus, and if you don't, you've probably already switched to withdrawal treatment, which is a one-time cost, not a per-slave cost.

A bit lame but at least it's something. Was hoping it was some sort of MC-sub event. Thanks for responding.
If you're expecting the MC to be a sub, you're literally playing the wrong game. The design philosophy of FC is centered on the MC having complete control over his partners.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
If you're expecting the MC to be a sub, you're literally playing the wrong game. The design philosophy of FC is centered on the MC having complete control over his partners.
And at the same time it allows you to serve slaves sexually, support gender and racial ideologies that make the MC a lesser human and others. That's what makes it great.

Jan 18, 2021
Anyone know what the new FS is about?
The Antebellum Revivalism is described as attempting to "revive the romance and chivalry of the Antebellum South". Historically, the was the period before the American Civil War, promoting racism, patriarchy with strict gender roles, Christian Protestantism, and slavery.

In Free Cities 4.0.0-alpha24 , this is described as follows in the in-game Encyclopedia:
Antebellum Revivalism is a future society model which approves of maintaining honor and integrity, keeping a large number of slaves and servants, and having skill at breaking slaves.
Increases prosperity for the upper echelons of society.​
Slows increases in the ratio of slaves to citizens.​
Can be developed to improve the Arcology's defensive capabilities.​
Provides demand for entertaining slaves from The Corporation.
Mutually exclusive with all Revivalist models.​

Reactions: Argentus67

Blyatiful_World

Apr 1, 2019
Man I thought my 1070 would be able to run webGL smoothly. Boys was I wrong. Looking through other image pack it seems that most are outdated and even the most up-to-date one is still old.
Otherwise good game!

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Changelog from The Site That Shall Not Be Named:
0.10.7.1-4.0.0-alpha.25 - 2023-03-12

• fixes
0.10.7.1-4.0.0-alpha.24 - 2023-03-11

• Antebellum Revivalism FS added
  • pit revamped
  • reCelebrityDebt event
  • added isVirile() function
  • added isHorny() function (check for sources of constant arousal)
  • added aggrosperm, livestock, and progenitor gene mods
  • added potency genetic quirk
  • added genetic height
  • added genetic breast size
  • vasectomies cut sperm release
  • fixes and code improvements

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
Dumb question, but there isn't a way to set a custom image for the PC, right? (I don't mean Elohiem's WebGL renderer.) I just want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Dumb question, but there isn't a way to set a custom image for the PC, right? (I don't mean Elohiem's WebGL renderer.) I just want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.
As far as I can tell there is not. I'm trying to remember if PC appears anywhere.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Changelog from The Site That Shall Not Be Named:
Thanks, I was wondering about Alpha 24 :KEK:
None that I am aware of. There isn't even an option to see yourself in the mirror using WebGL. You have to go off of the description.

Reactions: SenPC
4.40 star(s) 23 Votes