GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Why abandoned? Game art looks good, i hope there will be more game, with male protag, and have multiple options
It is a forum format thing, if the dev for a project leaves the project is marked as abandoned, in the case of Free Cities the original dev left years ago but the community has continued working on and updating the game to today and releases those updates as "free cities pregmod" the mod can be talked about but isn't allowed to have links or it's own thread because it includes options to have slaves that are too young to be legal in the area F95 is hosted or some similar concern.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
It is a forum format thing, if the dev for a project leaves the project is marked as abandoned, in the case of Free Cities the original dev left years ago but the community has continued working on and updating the game to today and releases those updates as "free cities pregmod" the mod can be talked about but isn't allowed to have links or it's own thread because it includes options to have slaves that are too young to be legal in the area F95 is hosted or some similar concern.
What, where can i download the mod? Cool that community still update it tho

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
To be honest this is just the perspective of the Free Cities themselves, but the fact the uh, younguns were technically slaves but couldn't really be messed with made it feel like the Free Cities were morally bankrupt for everything except younger slaves. I honestly feel like if nothing else, pregmod just makes them knock down the last of their morals and abuse those too. It just feels like how a super capitalist society with no morals would behave.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Locate Slave tool to find slaves with a particular custom label or a custom title?
For the former, use the third textbox (Their data should meet this condition):
Code:
slave.custom.label == "INSERT_YOUR_CUSTOM_LABEL_HERE"
Note that the rule above is case sensitive: you may miss a few slaves. These alternatives are safer:
Code:
slave.custom.label.toUpperCase() == "INSERT_YOUR_CUSTOM_LABEL_HERE_IN_CAPITAL_LETTERS"
slave.custom.label.toUpperCase() == "INSERT_YOUR_CUSTOM_LABEL_HERE".toUpperCase()
If you are not looking for the exact label, but just part of it, both these rules are good:
Code:
slave.custom.label.includes("INSERT_PART_OF_YOUR_CUSTOM_LABEL_HERE")
slave.custom.label.indexOf("INSERT_PART_OF_YOUR_CUSTOM_LABEL_HERE")>-1
If part of the label is, say, "red", these rules will return slaves labelled as redhead, credent, impaired. Again, they are case sensitive.

As for "title", just replace slave.custom.label with slave.custom.name.
Why name instead of title? I don't know, I added a custom title to a slave and it has been saved there. A bug, maybe?

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I'm upset that despite being a girl and having female hormones pumped in her, for some reason my wide hipped girl regressed all the way into being narrow. I had to forcibly use the surgery to at least get her back to being in the middle, but female hormones are supposed to widen you. That was the first time I saw it fucking shrink it.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
I'm upset that despite being a girl and having female hormones pumped in her, for some reason my wide hipped girl regressed all the way into being narrow. I had to forcibly use the surgery to at least get her back to being in the middle, but female hormones are supposed to widen you. That was the first time I saw it fucking shrink it.
Hips only narrow under the effects of a highly masculine hormone balance, or NCS. Make sure you haven't put her on NCS, and that you picked the right kind of hormones.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Also the game feels really selective on what all natural is. Tattoos on the body don't seem to disturb it, and neither do piercings, although it'll say light body mods if you push it too far. Surgery that changes height or hip size also doesn't bother it, but messing with the face does. The face is the most obvious way to tell if something was disturbed, but you'd think hip changes would make it obvious she was experimented on. Messing with her beyond very wide hips also says she has doorjamming hips, which wouldn't be natural at all.

Reactions: vabojar767

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
Can the Rules Assistant apply rules to everyone who does not have a certain label? (I know I can apply a rule to everyone who has a certain label.) Say I have a custom label called Dairy. Can I write a rule that affects anyone who doesn't have my custom label Dairy?

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
Also the game feels really selective on what all natural is. Tattoos on the body don't seem to disturb it, and neither do piercings, although it'll say light body mods if you push it too far. Surgery that changes height or hip size also doesn't bother it, but messing with the face does. The face is the most obvious way to tell if something was disturbed, but you'd think hip changes would make it obvious she was experimented on. Messing with her beyond very wide hips also says she has doorjamming hips, which wouldn't be natural at all.
Body purism's toleration of body mods is based on a point-scoring system (and so is degradationism, for that matter). You're generally permitted three points of piercings and two points each of tattoos, brands, and scars, as long as your total points don't exceed 7. Piercings in sensitive areas are worth 0.5 points per unit of weight, and in non-sensitive areas are worth 0.25 points per unit of weight; areola and corset piercings carry an additional full-point cost, and smart genital piercings are worth 1.25 points (but are exempted from the usual base cost). Tattoos are usually worth 1 or 1.25 points each depending on location, and brands and scars are worth 1 point each regardless of location.

So, it's OK to have, say, a branded slave with a smart clit piercing, pierced ears, and a discrete tattoo, and you have some flexibility about exactly which mods you want to use up your point allowance on, but modding a slave heavily (in *any* way) will eventually apply penalties.

As far as surgeries, Body Purism cares about implants and superficial surgeries, but not about structural surgeries. So you can't surgically alter your slave's face or race, but you can alter their height and hips (for example, to help them give birth easier, or to make them fit your Petite Admiration or Statuesque Glorification FS ideals). Notably it also doesn't care about fat redistribution, so you're welcome to use liposuction to narrow your slaves' waists or to redistribute fat towards their tits and ass if that's what you prefer, as long as you're not filling them with silicone. I am somewhat tempted to add a penalty for "unnatural proportions"...I agree that body purists probably shouldn't let you get away with really extreme alterations, even for surgeries they might normally permit.

Reactions: bews

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Can the Rules Assistant apply rules to everyone who does not have a certain label? (I know I can apply a rule to everyone who has a certain label.) Say I have a custom label called Dairy. Can I write a rule that affects anyone who doesn't have my custom label Dairy?
RA simple mode
You can click on "Custom " ("mode" should be automatically set to Boolean) and paste this rule:
Code:
context=>((slave) => (slave.custom.label != "Dairy")(context.slave))
RA advanced mode
You can either use a Custom Getter:
custom_getter.png
or you can combine three widgets (comparison, custom stats and string):
widgets.png

See my previous post about rules and case sensitivity.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
What, where can i download the mod? Cool that community still update it tho
That is one of those questions where you could have just browsed back a bit in the thread. You have to use a search engine and search for "free cities pregmod", there have a git page. You can download the source and compile yourself if you need bleeding edge newest version or they have a releases page with milestone versions.

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
This is gonna sound very strange, but I want to downgrade the size/capacity of my Master Suite. (Or reset it to the default capacity.) Is that possible? I haven't seen a way to do so using the built-in cheat menu. I'm... struggling to get the included save editor set up, so I haven't been able to see if it's possible there. (Python was never my strong suit.)

Apr 23, 2022
This is gonna sound very strange, but I want to downgrade the size/capacity of my Master Suite. (Or reset it to the default capacity.) Is that possible? I haven't seen a way to do so using the built-in cheat menu. I'm... struggling to get the included save editor set up, so I haven't been able to see if it's possible there. (Python was never my strong suit.)
You can't reduce it, but you can decommission the suite and build it again.
I'm curious though, why do you want that?

Reactions: Dysphorika

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
What causes the horrible scenario where a slave's pelvis fucking snaps? I've seen it happen in childbirth, but I don't know what triggers it. Hilariously, it's a nice way to widen hips, because for some reason, it isn't considered modified like the surgery says, which kinda feels like there's some kind of arbitrary measure to keep you from doing it too much. If you put her under the knife, the game will say she's been changed by it, but if you have it snap and heal back, it's a natural widening. What? It's like a distinction without a difference.

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
You can't reduce it, but you can decommission the suite and build it again.
I'm curious though, why do you want that?
Oh interesting. That's actually good to know. I just used an old generic online save editor and it seems to have worked. I made the Master Suite too big. Too many slaves who have permission to choose their own assignments kept going to the Master Suite.

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
What causes the horrible scenario where a slave's pelvis fucking snaps? I've seen it happen in childbirth, but I don't know what triggers it.
I don't remember if high pregnancy adaptation helps protect against all pregnancy related hazards , or if it only helps prevents bursting. You wouldn't happen to have Pregnancy Complications due to multiples and body size enabled in the options, would you?

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
What causes the horrible scenario where a slave's pelvis fucking snaps? I've seen it happen in childbirth, but I don't know what triggers it. Hilariously, it's a nice way to widen hips, because for some reason, it isn't considered modified like the surgery says, which kinda feels like there's some kind of arbitrary measure to keep you from doing it too much. If you put her under the knife, the game will say she's been changed by it, but if you have it snap and heal back, it's a natural widening. What? It's like a distinction without a difference.
Hip size of very narrow, and giving birth vaginally.

"She was injured while having a baby" is easier to pass off as natural than "I broke her pelvis because I fucking felt like it."

The weird bit is that if you have a female slave with narrow hips, make them very narrow via surgery, and then force her give to birth through it, she'll have normal-width unmodified hips afterwards, since the break during childbirth actually clears the surgery tag.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I never used either the included save editor or the cheat menu.
But you can access all game variables via Javascript console. Press F12 and click on the Console tab, then click on the prompt line (it's the bottom line, the one starting with >), type V.masterSuite = NEW_SIZE and press Enter. Visit the master suite again (or any other facility) to update its size. I don't know what happens to the exceeding slaves though (I guess they are ejected to the penthouse. If you don't feel adventurous, just move them beforehand):

JS_Console.png

If you press just V (capital V) and then Enter, the console returns the entire variable list. In Chromium-based browsers you can edit it on the fly (click on the triangle to expand the list, then double-click on any value you want to change); in Firefox, instead, the output is read-only: you have to type a new command in the prompt line.

Speaking of editors, any tool working with RPG Maker MV is good with Twine too (and so, with Free Cities). On my hard disk I have a copy of (just in case my Internet connection goes out).
Or again, you can just use the Javascript console and get accustomed with the FC variable list. See especially "devNotes\legacy files\slave variables documentation.md" and "player variables documentation.md" (maybe some stuff is obsolete, but for the most part those docs are still valid).
Btw, .md files are just regular text files, you can open them with Notepad. Other software will display them properly (see for Chrome, for instance).

PS: I know you have already solved, but I thought my post could have been useful to other players

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I don't remember if high pregnancy adaptation helps protect against all pregnancy related hazards , or if it only helps prevents bursting. You wouldn't happen to have Pregnancy Complications due to multiples and body size enabled in the options, would you?
In older versions I don't think that was a thing, but I've disabled it in these versions because pregnancy is a god damn domino effect of the game sapping health every so often for some shit I overlooked, and then noticing they're unhealthy because I'm used to just not looking too hard at them. The only time I ever see issues is hyper pregnancy, but that's the players fault and I'll own up to that.
The weird bit is that if you have a female slave with narrow hips, make them very narrow via surgery, and then force her give to birth through it, she'll have normal-width unmodified hips afterwards, since the break during childbirth actually clears the surgery tag.
Now that is interesting. Might be a fun exploit for my narrow slaves. Does the snapping pelvis raise it by two levels then? If it's normal hip size, that means it skips narrow entirely.

Jan 18, 2021
(...) I'm... struggling to get the included save editor set up, so I haven't been able to see if it's possible there. (Python was never my strong suit.)
I wrote that save editor three years ago but I didn't touch it since then. It works well for me, but I admit that it may not be the easiest tool to use. If you have some suggestions or if there are some specific things that you are struggling with, tell me and I might be able to improve that tool or its documentation.

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes