VN Ren'Py Abandoned Free Obsessions [v1.0a] [DRincs]

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
my main critic is on the MC.
many, many peoples doesnt like to play a char that appear too young. i think MC look too young, maybe making it a bit more adult (18yo) ?
that would definitly help.
if you scared about the mother or else looking too young (after changing MC to look older), dont hesitate to make them also look older. i bet only a few mother look like perfect young ladies :D and a MILF is a rare specie in this kind of game (its hard to make a good one, but its worth it if you succeed)

just my suggestion/opinion
I have read some similar criticism to yours, so I think I will. do you think I should do the same with "Mia"?

Reactions: macadam

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I have read some similar criticism to yours, so I think I will. do you think I should do the same with "Mia"?
i dont see problem ...

Umm...can i ask if it is/will be avoidable or does that count as comment? Because if it will not be avoidable i dont even download this demo and add it to my ignore list to avoid an accident download in the future...
that's mostly for who post about it with no constructive way. such as classic "booh NTR" or else. you are free to ask the dev about NTR, as long its constructive. no reasons to get a ban or warn if you ask a question with manners and brain cells XD

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
theres only one person saying mc looks too young.how many off you have known friends in there 20,s who have looked younger.
and how many of you have seen teens who you think look older than they are.let the dev make his own choice.dont like it dont play it.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Do you like Mia as a younger sister?
I think the question is do you like her as a younger sister? In the end your the developer and its your story ,you need to like it going forward. Listening to ideas is good but dont go jumping on them all unless they make sense to you.

Its your story, ive worked on games that were passionate to me but as soon as it became work and not so much mine i lost interest.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Hi, I am the developer of this game.
I hope you liked the idea of this game.
I wanted to clear up some doubts:

On the NTR:
The game is not centralized only on the NTR, it is all NTR scenes can be skipped. There will only be one NTR scene (which can be skipped) in the next version, to develop a "post introduction" that shows the potential of the game.
The MC obtaining corruption points can ask or oblige the partners to get engaged or leave their partner. By default, only one partner will already be engaged.
With many Lover points, the partners will decide independently not to have other relationships.
But if they are very angry they will move away and if you have made certain choices they will betray you with other men.

Lover:
In the next update I will add romantic scenes to the 2 scenes already present.

I'll do a survey to decide which types of scenes I have conncentrare.

If you like the idea of this game Support us.
I gladly accept constructive criticism.
If you want my personal recommendation I would recommend that the friends type shows the difficulty of the game:

-Beta friends: Overall they will only pursue a girl if you give them the okay.

-Normal friends: If you are in a good relationship with them they won't pursue your girlfriend or characters that are in love with the MC, in a bad relationship they may even focus on your girlfriend if they can.

-Alpha friends: They can blackmail girls into sex or be more forceful in relationships, they don't care about you at all.

This could be a good way to give an option for players that want no risk at all related to NTR and those that prefer competition or more like a challenge.

Related to stats... I wouldn't recommend you copy Summertime saga on that aspect at least, the game seems to go towards a sandbox style so overall how about being able to gain perks based on actions that make the MC more efficient?:

-Silver tongue: You are really good at complimenting girls, increased chance to successfully compliment someone and slightly increased relationship points earned (10 successful compliments)

-Gold tongue: Silver wasn't enough? it seems you really like calling a girl pretty in many different ways, even higher chance to successfully compliment someone and increased relationship points earned (50 successful compliments)

-Platinum tongue: Did you study french just to have more ways to compliment?! you are a master at complementing a girl! you can't fail while complementing a girl and you receive bonus relationship points (250 successful compliments).

Perhaps something on that line could be more interesting rather than stats, being able to unlock perks that makes our character better at something.

You can have stats, but just give them a meaning in the game, do not add them just because you can.

Overall what would be left would be talking about the MC and the girls:

-About the MC I would recommend to tone down the perverted idiot act, trying to peek at every ocassion is creepy, really creepy.

-About the girls I would recommend adding them a few stats, basic ones would be love towards you and love towards your rival/s, adding a corruption stat could be interesting in the sense of how open they are about sex and if they care that they are cheating their partner.

Lastly towards creating kinky stuff... perhaps adding fetishes to the MC and the girls it could generate interesting situations, for example adding a starting fetish for the MC with a question like "what is your fetish?" and given as options for example 1ºBig breasts, 2ºAnal sex, 3º Feet. Overall based on sex acts the character could develop fetishes, same for girls.

But well, take this just as a general comment over things you could do in the game, the only thing that I would truly recommend 100% is that the world keeps moving, if you go to school you will have exams, events and things like that, I like sandbox games but they forget to have a general storyline in many ocassions.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
tazaaron has a point here.

DarkRape
I'm still at work and just gather downloadlinks for my JDownloader, so i dont know yet who Mia is...the one from the Screenshot looks more like an older sister. In the end its up to you, thats just my opinion.

nnt25

Nov 17, 2019
Nice start 4 women plenty of ntr material and dual corruption I like it but Im waiting for more

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
DarkRape
As another dev, i'm going to encourage you, specifically when it comes to character design, to mostly ignore feedback from others and make characters you're willing to look at for hundreds or thousands of hours. If you're going to commit to the game, you're going to spend a LOT of time looking at these characters. I spend thousands of hours per update on my game and I'm sooo glad I did my own thing rather than listening to the feedback of others. You're going to get conflicting opinions about physical appearances of characters because of the individual tastes of others. Pic what you like and roll with it, your chances of getting burned out are going to skyrocket if you make a game based on the tastes of the players rather than yourself--shit loses it's identity when you cater to the masses.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The game could be interesting, albeit the MC is an annoying idiot that only wants to peek and fuck things up.

Overall in the game we are supposed to have 4 stats:

-Charisma: Gonna guess it will help to improve your relationships with the girls

-Intelligence: Would it be related to catching lies and being more perceptive?

-Strength: Are we gonna fight? can I punch people?

-Agility: X2 my comment about fighting.

About relationships... I guess based on what the game said if you have a good relationship with the girl then no NTR, but if it gets damaged or it's based on things like blackmail can be something reasonable that happens.

On the friends we are going to have 3 types:

-Beta friends: I guess this type won't try to get a girl unless you literally let them.

-Normal friends: Perhaps a fair competition may happen?

-Alpha friends: Idiots that will try to get the girls without caring about you.

My personal guess is... if you want a game with no NTR or really hard to get it you just have to develop a normal relationship with the girl and/or have beta friends.

P.D: The starting part of naming the characters and their relationship with you is simply annoying, just use the no incest line and add an incest patch in a way that could be found.
The relationship naming is annoying, but it lets us get incest without the risk of the game being killed by Patreon.

I think the system of the player setting the relationship is a good way to do it, especially if Patreon ever cracks down on patches.

i dont see problem ...

that's mostly for who post about it with no constructive way. such as classic "booh NTR" or else. you are free to ask the dev about NTR, as long its constructive. no reasons to get a ban or warn if you ask a question with manners and brain cells XD
The problem the original comment states is that he doesn't want to have to name the relationship of the characters living with the MC. He suggested a patch already containing the real relationships instead, but there is the potential there for the one reason that patch is necessary, Patreon, to crack down and say patches are also in violation. Allowing the relationship to be edited on the player side avoids this because Patreon can't control the player, only the devs.

Do you like Mia as a younger sister?
It makes sense with her appearance and where she lives, but I agree that it is ultimately your decision.

Reactions: Moisan4

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
I have updated the patreon Tiers, and I have decided that there will be no more versions in 720p, but only 1080p.