VN Ren'Py Abandoned Free Obsessions [v1.0a] [DRincs]

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I'm guessing you're determined to do this and I respect that. I might be misinterpreting what you're saying due to a language issue but I think I understand.

However with that I and some others are going to consider your game as unavoidable ntr. I wish you luck with that, but this is not my thing.
im having a hard time understanding if he could make the scene avoidable or MC is in the sees the scene but make it to where we dont see shit. but still get the same result if it's the latter then yeah i agree wit you.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
I'm guessing you're determined to do this and I respect that. I might be misinterpreting what you're saying due to a language issue but I think I understand.

However with that I and some others are going to consider your game as unavoidable ntr. I wish you luck with that, but this is not my thing.
im having a hard time understanding if he could make the scene avoidable or MC is in the sees the scene but make it to where we dont see shit. but still get the same result if it's the latter then yeah i agree wit you.
Ok, I decided to add a choice in the choice in the "discussion" with Mia where you have the following choices:
Mia: Victoria went out last night ...
MC: (thinks) ~ she will definitely be:
- hang out with some new guy (NTR)
- with her friends (lesbo)
- gone to get drunk (drug scene)

Honestly, I really like this idea, it can create different shades.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Ok, I decided to add a choice in the choice in the "discussion" with Mia where you have the following choices:

First I don't want you to feel like I'm influencing your game. I think you should write whatever you're passionate about.

Second I don't quite fully understand what you mean here.

Are you suggesting the "ntr scene" was originally a skippable scene of the mc getting paranoid about an event that did not occur? If that's the case it's not really an issue and can be written off as avoidable even without this change.

Having said that, when you say "skippable" the word carries the connotation of "it happened, you just didn't see it." "Avoidable" carries the connotation you can prevent it, but if you don't it will happen.

Reactions: Look-see

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
First I don't want you to feel like I'm influencing your game. I think you should write whatever you're passionate about.

Second I don't quite fully understand what you mean here.

Are you suggesting the "ntr scene" was originally a skippable scene of the mc getting paranoid about an event that did not occur? If that's the case it's not really an issue and can be written off as avoidable even without this change.

Having said that, when you say "skippable" the word carries the connotation of "it happened, you just didn't see it." "Avoidable" carries the connotation you can prevent it, but if you don't it will happen.
yeah this makes it seem like it's just him assuming shit. at first i thought Mc followed his sister or ended up in a situation where he saw her have sex. dont get me wrong if i had to choose an option id go lesbo. but ultimately its MC being paranoid.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
What I think the dev had planned is that we would discover that she had a boyfriend at that current stage, however it doesn't mean she got fucked by said boyfriend or that they will have sex that night, it's just that at the start she would have a boyfriend and go out with him.

Then the MC may care about it and try to find out who is her boyfriend or don't give it any importance. Overall if this is the case it's really toned down and it shouldn't bother anyone, rather than the NTR people think about it seems more like a netori situation.

Reactions: Black Ram oss

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
Finally, I see a game where the protagonist looks really young, and not with the face and body of a 30 year old man who is given out as an 18 year old man.I like your idea of the game. I will be glad if you stick to your own plans and do not pay attention to attacks of ill-wishers

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018

It is good that you give the player the right to choose. For example, I like NTR. This brings an element of tension to the game and does not make it boring.

Reactions: tazaaron

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
I can put up with Engrish but I can't tolerate when people can't get their gender pronouns straight! "Emily is a lingerie model. At his age he still manages to keep fit." Either Emily's a tranny or the translator is incompetent. In neither case could I continue past that point.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018

hey first of all you create great game even if its short i realy hoping you will release more content soon

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
why name a 125 mb PREVIEW of a VN a 1.0 (complete) game?
Not worth it in current state, I dont see the point in publishing 20-30 renders and calling it 1.00
Whether it's v1.0 or 0.1 or 0.01 it's just the first version of a new dev's first game. I haven't seen anything about it being tagged as "(complete)" anywhere in the OP, but seeing as the dev is discussing future plans right here I really can't see how or why anyone would somehow add that when it's not actually complete. Even the Changelog clearly shows:
v1.0a
first release
Basically the dev wasn't aware that for some weird and/or bizarre reason VN's don't start version numbers at 1 but instead start at either 0.01 or 0.1. It's a simple mistake, one that's been made by quite a few other devs from what I've seen and one that will no doubt be made by other devs in the future. *shrug*

Might want to double-check your reply that look-see was responding to, I suspect this part:
but MC will find out that he went out with a boy
which kind of indicates some gay/trans/sissy content unless that's a typo which should actually be:
but MC will find out that she went out with a boy
:oops: :unsure:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I do not understand the comments of people who do not like bad English. Say thank you for at least such English. Those who are not native to English use Google Translate and do not complain.
Why is wanting improved translation a bad thing?

This is constructive criticism. It is not petty insults. I would understand being upset about petty criticism, but this is constructive and should be considered useful for the author. He should be requesting an editor revise the script.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018

This is constructive criticism. It is not petty insults. I would understand being upset about petty criticism, but this is constructive and should be considered useful for the author. He should be requesting an editor revise the script.
Furthermore, we comment because we think the game is worth improving. Most games I don't even download. Many others I simply delete without comment.

The naming of the characters and their relationship to the others was kind of tough, especially Arianna who looked as if she might be an aunt or maid in that picture. I actually put her as 'aunt', then had to go back and change it after reading the text in the next few screens.

Some hints regarding right or wrong choices might be in order. We don't know this dev yet - how he thinks; whether decent behaviour will be rewarded or is lewd behaviour the recommended choice.

Btw. this is another game (like Rewind) where the clothes are rendered separately and overlaid on the naked body. Should greatly facilitate the creation of a nude patch. :unsure: (y):love: Or a Glassix-like "imaginary" peek.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
After several criticisms, I decided to:
  • add an initial choice to disable NTR (which you can change later). By deactivating NTR there will be no discussion referring to NTR and the player will not see the choices that lead to NTR.
  • I changed the goal.
  • During development I will often ask the pareons what type of scene they want in the game.

Reactions: Look-see

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
After several criticisms, I decided to:
  • add an initial choice to disable NTR (which you can change later). By deactivating NTR there will be no discussion referring to NTR and the player will not see the choices that lead to NTR.
  • I changed the goal.
  • During development I will often ask the pareons what type of scene they want in the game.
i dont mind the Patreon votes but you should do alternating winners. for example if NTR wins then on the next poll NTR is not on the next list. if Lesbian wins then Lesbian should not be on the next list. that way it wont get boring.

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018

Watching how to talk about it. Some scream as if it was a mortal sin :).

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I do not understand the comments of people who do not like bad English. Say thank you for at least such English. Those who are not native to English use Google Translate and do not complain.
o_O Think about this for a little while: If a native English speaking person struggles to understand something what chance is there for a non-native English speaking person to understand the same thing? Google Translate can only do basic translations based on the text it is trying to translate. What would anyone learn in school if teachers didn't correct you when you made mistakes?

Personally, whenever I do point out spelling mistakes and bad grammar it is only ever intended to help others improve their own understanding of the English language. English is not an easy language to learn and truly understand, nobody can improve if noboby tries to help others to improve. Bad English is still bad English and as such anyone reading bad English isn't really going to learn much of anything now are they?

I agree that just complaining about bad English doesn't help anyone, but pointing out the mistakes and then including the correct spelling and/or grammar does much more to help others understand. However, pointing out such mistakes but then making mistakes in the corrections isn't actually helping anyone either!

One final thought: If English is not your native language would you correct someone who was making a mess of your native language?