NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This thread includes one of the more thoughtful and introspective conversations about poly and ethically non-monogamous relationships on the site. There is some amount of misapprehension in the conversation but that is to be expected because even in western countries there is a strong tradition and bias toward monogamy. This actually forces people toward deception of their partners rather than mutually opening a relationship. I've had three relationships in my life that could accurately be described as either polyamorous or ethically non-monogamous. I'm not going to share unsolicited details but if someone is curious about how this lifestyle works in practical terms or the challenges involved I am available to answer these questions. I will say straight out that having this kind of relationship is not a solution to problems between people in a relationship and can be fraught with many of the same problems experienced in a monogamous relationship. Sometimes, when you are with the wrong person you are just with the wrong person. Sometimes you end up seeing multiple wrong people. One of the things that I am pleased to see in the thread is that people are making the distinction between a fantasy of poly/enm and the lifestyle that people actually follow in real life. Also, there is an understanding that deceiving and cheating on your partner is actually the opposite of the lifestyle and that can accurately be said to be caused by the shame and mistrust between partners. Cheating is totally avoidable and the product of a belief that the outward appearance of a monogamous relationship is the only thing that will make them acceptable to society. When only that facade is valued people can adopt the attitude that what their partner doesn't know can't hurt them. Nothing can be further from the truth.

AwsHen

Oct 13, 2018
by no means corresponds to the generality, not even to the large majority.
You are correct except for the last sentence, large majority of the people support monogamy currently, I don't know if its gonna stay that way but currently vast majority really support monogamy, so yeah monogamy is the general trend and the rest are alternatives.

Reactions: azel1

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Yes, with this update, we will have to learn the past of Michelle. During the past, we will have to make choices that will have some impacts on Day 63 and later. In another word, according to popular time travel theory by the DC universe, changing the past will alter the future(Current time). For example, if Michelle thinks Joseph is a d**k in the past, kissing with Joseph event will be removed from the future timeline. The points will be reduced, too.
But what if I believe in the Marvel version of time travel? Timebranches where changing the past will create a new future?

Just kidding. But having just watched Loki, I could nt resist.
:LOL: :LOL:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This thread includes one of the more thoughtful and introspective conversations about poly and ethically non-monogamous relationships on the site. There is some amount of misapprehension in the conversation but that is to be expected because even in western countries there is a strong tradition and bias toward monogamy. This actually forces people toward deception of their partners rather than mutually opening a relationship. I've had three relationships in my life that could accurately be described as either polyamorous or ethically non-monogamous. I'm not going to share unsolicited details but if someone is curious about how this lifestyle works in practical terms or the challenges involved I am available to answer these questions. I will say straight out that having this kind of relationship is not a solution to problems between people in a relationship and can be fraught with many of the same problems experienced in a monogamous relationship. Sometimes, when you are with the wrong person you are just with the wrong person. Sometimes you end up seeing multiple wrong people. One of the things that I am pleased to see in the thread is that people are making the distinction between a fantasy of poly/enm and the lifestyle that people actually follow in real life. Also, there is an understanding that deceiving and cheating on your partner is actually the opposite of the lifestyle and that can accurately be said to be caused by the shame and mistrust between partners. Cheating is totally avoidable and the product of a belief that the outward appearance of a monogamous relationship is the only thing that will make them acceptable to society. When only that facade is valued people can adopt the attitude that what their partner doesn't know can't hurt them. Nothing can be further from the truth.
One thing I have definitely noticed about polyamory/ethical non-monogamy is that it can be a bit of a crucible. In a monogamous relationship, something can be hidden for a long time, including fears and insecurities, shame and mistrust. In poly/ENM (not to be confused with Embarrassed Naked Male), they WILL come to the surface sooner rather than later.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
As I understand it, the concept of sympathetic joy is actually one of the four core pillars of Buddhism (Mudita path).
Yes, it is called spreading Mudita. Showing sympathy for good actions done by the people. I am a kinda atheist but was born and raised in a very religious and cultural environment.

As far as I know, non-monogamy is not acceptable in the Buddhism religion.

But in my point of view, you can spread/have Mudita on your partner's good action. I am sure not every person will be able to ignore some feelings or affection they might have for the person other than their current partner. Whenever they have those feelings, doing a confession is a good thing. Even if it is so wrong to have some sexual feelings on the other person.

Making a good confession before doing some naughty business without their partner's knowledge, seems a good thing to me. If you do not want to share your partner then he/she might be not the right person for you. You may want to find the right one for you. If you are not into poly things.

We are only human, we may have done some bad things but being open with what we want to do seems a good thing to me. So, if my wife says she has some feelings for John(For example) and she wants to know if I am okay with it before she moves any action with John, then it seems she is doing good. She does not hide what she has in her mind.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Yes, it is called "Mote Lat Kout" Meaning: Bracelet Snacks. Another name: The Burmese Doughnut. The brown liquid is brown sugar paste. The bottom she wearing is Longyi (Htabe). Another Name (Sarong). The texture is Kachin ethnic group traditional texture.
So it's a sweetened dish ?
And is it deep-fried dough ?
Sorry, but even if I live in Canada now, I'm French, and you just speak of food... I want to know every thing :).

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Wow. Interesting. Not only does your game have a special soul and its own charm. You also bring us a little closer to some culture. And now culinary too. I've never seen it like this before. Most developers don't care. They often don't even have good stories. They want to get to the point and then just move from one scene to the other. And at some point, even as a player, you no longer read at all.

You are really a developer who is different. It is precisely these details that make your work stand out from the crowd. It's like reading a good book. I'm curious to see if there are any good arcs of tensions that then discharge into hot scenes. :love:

Last edited:

AwsHen

Oct 13, 2018
Wow. Interesting. Not only does your game have a special soul and its own charm. You also bring us a little closer to some culture. And now culinary too. I've never seen it like this before. Most developers don't care. They often don't even have good stories. They want to get to the point and then just move from one scene to the other. And at some point, even as a player, you no longer read at all.

You are really a developer who is different. It is precisely these details that make your work stand out from the crowd. It's like reading a good book. I'm curious to see if there are any good arcs of tesnions that then discharge into hot scenes. :love:
Very True, This is one of the few games where I read each and every line and want to play each and every branching path.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Very True, This is one of the few games where I read each and every line and want to play each and every branching path.
I feel the same. So far, I have found it very difficult to say which direction I will take at all. Currently there is not a single character that i don't somehow like. Let's wait and see how the stories develop.

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
So it's a sweetened dish ?
And is it deep-fried dough ?
Sorry, but even if I live in Canada now, I'm French, and you just speak of food... I want to know every thing :).
Yes, it is my friend. You can ask me as much as you want. I am happy to answer. Don't need to be sorry. I also want to learn things from you. What is your favorite European food? I am 100% into foods.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alley_Cat

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Thank you so much for your compliments and big support. You guys are always there for me to motivate me, shower me with your compliments. I don't know where would I be without you, the faithful players, and understand what I want to tell even though my writings is quite su*k.

You are really a developer who is different. It is precisely these details that make your work stand out from the crowd. It's like reading a good book. I'm curious to see if there are any good arcs of tensions that then discharge into hot scenes. :love:
Thank you so much for paying attention to my and Stella's writings. I know how it would be hurt to see too much Engrish. But I believe Dominique had done a great edit/proofreading for the next update. I hope you can enjoy the new good experience from it.

3.60 star(s) 77 Votes