Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
have you considered anywhere in Europe? Germany or the Netherlands, perhaps? Asia seems to be something of a mixed bag, as far as tolerance goes. So long as you don't have any swastika or hate symbols, you'd avoid almost any other problems you might encounter. Germany in particular is known for being more sexually diverse than just about any other country in the EU. Estonia has fabulous, absolutely free wifi throughout the entire country.

And avoid the US, UK or Switzerland for now; both countries are undergoing some identity crises, and need to sort themselves out before they're back on anyone's Christmas lists.
I would not necessarily recommend Germany right now, even though (or rather, because) I am german myself.
Things are not okay over here, or at least not as okay as some might think. Yeah, there is a lot of diversity to go around, but there is also a lot of grumbling against just that, because some people feel like it's being 'forced' on them by the government. And there are quite a few anti-refugee feelings going around ever since 2015/2016. The fact that our past government tended to throw every critic into the 'anti-democratic & supremacist' groups didn't help either, and I feel like it's only going to get worse with the new one.
Social security is also a bit iffy right now, between the pandemic, a lack of personnel and a lack of modern technology, so there's no telling anyone looking for refuge would even get approved, provided that Myanmar is actually a 'dangerous' country, which I don't think it is? (EDIT: To clarify, by that I mean that I don't think Germany has classified Myanmar as a dangerous country, which would allow citizens to seek asylum in Germany for a certain period of time) Germany is pretty strict in that regard, so anyone from Myanmar might not actually get permission to stay.
So, honestly, I wouldn't call Germany a prime refuge right now, unfortunately.

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I would not necessarily recommend Germany right now, even though (or rather, because) I am german myself.
Things are not okay over here, or at least not as okay as some might think. Yeah, there is a lot of diversity to go around, but there is also a lot of grumbling against just that, because some people feel like it's being 'forced' on them by the government. And there are quite a few anti-refugee feelings going around ever since 2015/2016. The fact that our past government tended to throw every critic into the 'anti-democratic & supremacist' groups didn't help either, and I feel like it's only going to get worse with the new one.
Social security is also a bit iffy right now, between the pandemic, a lack of personnel and a lack of modern technology, so there's no telling anyone looking for refuge would even get approved, provided that Myanmar is actually a 'dangerous' country, which I don't think it is? Germany is pretty strict in that regard, so anyone from Myanmar might not actually get permission to stay.
images.jpg
Bye Bye!!! :ROFLMAO: Now, I know I don't belong on earth. :p

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Social security is also a bit iffy right now, between the pandemic, a lack of personnel and a lack of modern technology, so there's no telling anyone looking for refuge would even get approved, provided that Myanmar is actually a 'dangerous' country, which I don't think it is? (EDIT: To clarify, by that I mean that I don't think Germany has classified Myanmar as a dangerous country, which would allow citizens to seek asylum in Germany for a certain period of time) Germany is pretty strict in that regard, so anyone from Myanmar might not actually get permission to stay.
I'd point out that Myanmar takes an extraordinarily dim view of what it perceives as sexual deviancy. former Iranian citizens who happened to be gay were able to claim refugee status, as that country imposes a death penalty on homosexuality. Myanmar is explicitly known for its persecution, prosecution and discrimination of the LGBT community. Germany may not be the perfect fit, but its better than AC remaining anywhere in SE Asia. And Germany is a helluva lot more tolerant of LGBTQ than other EU members, like Italy or France.
You just have to like techno music, potatoes and sausages. ;- )

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
I'd point out that Myanmar takes an extraordinarily dim view of what it perceives as sexual deviancy. former Iranian citizens who happened to be gay were able to claim refugee status, as that country imposes a death penalty on homosexuality. Myanmar is explicitly known for its persecution, prosecution and discrimination of the LGBT community. Germany may not be the perfect fit, but its better than AC remaining anywhere in SE Asia. And Germany is a helluva lot more tolerant of LGBTQ than other EU members, like Italy or France.
You're right, I guess. I admit that my view is somewhat colored, since I don't know the situation elsewhere first hand, so I might have too much of a pessimistic outlook xD
I do agree that AC leaving SE Asia is the smartest thing to do. That really is a no-brainer.
Oh, and you forgot german metal music xD

azel1

Oct 12, 2020
I t
have you considered anywhere in Europe? Germany or the Netherlands, perhaps? Asia seems to be something of a mixed bag, as far as tolerance goes. So long as you don't have any swastika or hate symbols, you'd avoid almost any other problems you might encounter. Germany in particular is known for being more sexually diverse than just about any other country in the EU. Estonia has fabulous, absolutely free wifi throughout the entire country.

And avoid the US, UK or Switzerland for now; both countries are undergoing some identity crises, and need to sort themselves out before they're back on anyone's Christmas lists.
I think they'd rather go to the US, the UK or Switzerland than be in Myanmar right now.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
Best tolerant country in EU is Spain.

cognu

Aug 24, 2017
I played different iterations of this game, i'm astonished how much the dev improved. The writing / stories though in this vn are the "usual" with a twist. The characters are pretty loyal to themselves, and act properly by your decision and the pacing feel natural. So the dev for sure have a talent to keep you hooked wondering what's next.

I truly love that the dev also, focused on telling you what's happening to the rest of the cast. Even if this is Yoon story, you can also see that other plots continue on their own. Jasmine with her neighbour or shukkon, or Michelle with Andrew.
I played most of the routes, i think, and there is a lot of potential in this game.

The stories felt great on their own, Yoon growing sexually outside her marriage. I'm playing mostly straight content, but i'll have a save just for Michelle / Jasmine / Shukkon, just because they are so greatly written.
The male cast in comparison is barebones, just Joseph (i love his route, stealing your daughter boyfriend even if she is ok, is pretty hot), Andrew and the husband had some depht

I specially enjoyed Michelle and Andrew montage while she is depressed, and that alone made me have a save for both of them together. I for sure wan't to see more of them.
And my evil side is wondering, if Yoon could snap Andrew in that route away from Michelle as well if you turn Yoon into a man eater (but for sure i want those 2 together in one path).

I'm hoping for more development with Joseph, i don't know which way, he is going to have another layers or he is just the catalyst for Yoon?

Really liked the last update, and i'm eager to see more of Yoon (Btw... hoping for more of the other VN as well)

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I played different iterations of this game, i'm astonished how much the dev improved. The writing / stories though in this vn are the "usual" with a twist. The characters are pretty loyal to themselves, and act properly by your decision and the pacing feel natural. So the dev for sure have a talent to keep you hooked wondering what's next.

I truly love that the dev also, focused on telling you what's happening to the rest of the cast. Even if this is Yoon story, you can also see that other plots continue on their own. Jasmine with her neighbour or shukkon, or Michelle with Andrew.
I played most of the routes, i think, and there is a lot of potential in this game.

The stories felt great on their own, Yoon growing sexually outside her marriage. I'm playing mostly straight content, but i'll have a save just for Michelle / Jasmine / Shukkon, just because they are so greatly written.
The male cast in comparison is barebones, just Joseph (i love his route, stealing your daughter boyfriend even if she is ok, is pretty hot), Andrew and the husband had some depht

I specially enjoyed Michelle and Andrew montage while she is depressed, and that alone made me have a save for both of them together. I for sure wan't to see more of them.
And my evil side is wondering, if Yoon could snap Andrew in that route away from Michelle as well if you turn Yoon into a man eater (but for sure i want those 2 together in one path).

I'm hoping for more development with Joseph, i don't know which way, he is going to have another layers or he is just the catalyst for Yoon?

Really liked the last update, and i'm eager to see more of Yoon (Btw... hoping for more of the other VN as well)
Hello, dear, wow I am so glad to know that you like the game. We will try our best. Thanks for the detailed feedback. It is always good to know from you, the players. Michelle POV and Iceman path are on the update after the upcoming update. The upcoming update includes Jasmine's POV.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Well... I was thinking about moving to Dubai as they are going to give us one year visa. And they have freelancer visas which have many opportunities like their citizens. And after counseling with Stella, I check some of the dos and don't rule in Dubai. And a little bit of introduction to the Quran.

Hell no... I know I have to play by their rules but I am sorry DUBAI is 100% not for me. You know with the feminine character I may end up being forced to book a twin bed or separate bedroom once I reached there. Well, as I am the adult content creator, I won't feel safe, I may end up in jail anytime. And no... I can't imagine living with any other don't stuff there. I may be wrong but I don't think I can survive there. Plus, apartment rental fees there are above the sky.

Paypal has announced that they are going to stop their service for Thailand starting from March 7. But as long as Payoneer is supporting Thailand I think Paypal is not going to be a matter. But what matters is they are only going to give us 3 months visa. 9 Months visa is super hard to get now. Once we are tested positive, they want to force us to send us to the hospital. And asking 100,000 - 200,000 baht. Claiming insurance will never be easier without making a fight with the company.

Well, what can I say, I am left with no option but to go to Thailand at the end of this month. Hoping I and my family tested negative. Plus, my daughter is having an eyes problem. At worst, she only has to do the minor operations, so, no need to worry that much though. So, I delayed the move to the end of this month.

The current plan is to get there. And will see what I can do to stay longer. ED visa(1 year - 1,300 USD per person) is the thing for me and my wife. Still connecting dots for my daughter as she is a little young to go to school. Wishing the immigration office isn't harsh on us. If there is no option to stay longer we will try to go to one of the European countries, maybe the US (Have some relatives there). And of course, will try the asylum or refugee way. Going back to the home country is a nightmare and will cost around 5,000 - 6,000 USD just to get land in Thailand again.

Sorry for messing your head and day with my personal problems. But thank you so much for reading, dear.
Sorry to hear about your personal challenges AC Dev. From what I know, the political situation in Myanmar with the military is not the greatest, and so, I really do hope life works out well for you and your family with immigration. I agree, gaining a VISA is quite a challenging process. It would be nice if your relatives in the US might be able to sponsor you and your family (if possible), otherwise, as others have said, the US is pretty strict on immigration as of late and their economy/political environment, (as well as other factors) are also pretty poorly managed atm.

On that note, have you perhaps considered Canada? Canada's immigration office is pretty lenient, understanding and welcoming to new immigrants. Plus, obtaining a VISA here in Canada is also (from what I've seen) not nearly as complicated of a process compared to other countries.

Moreover, living expenses here in Canada are also reasonably affordable. Education is great and our healthcare system is (arguably) one of the best in the world. We also pride ourselves on being a very open, welcoming and accepting society. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your adult game dev career ;D

And if you might be considering settling into Canada, I can advise that the Western part of Canada (e.g., British Columbia), in particular, is a great place to settle with a family as well as a province like Nova Scotia. Cities in the aforementioned provinces are generally more affordable compared to cities like Toronto in Ontario, but there are some cities within Ontario that are also a great choice as well.

P.S. Oh and btw, in the past, I've volunteered at my former University as an advisor where I helped (i.e., not families per-se), but international students with settling into Canada, and helping them with any questions concerning immigration and whatnot, soo if you might have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help in DM's! :) Cheers and hope all works out well for you, whichever path you choose AC Dev! ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Sorry to hear about your personal challenges AC Dev. From what I know, the political situation in Myanmar with the military is not the greatest, and so, I really do hope life works out well for you and your family with immigration. I agree, gaining a VISA is quite a challenging process. It would be nice if your relatives in the US might be able to sponsor you and your family (if possible), otherwise, as others have said, the US is pretty strict on immigration as of late and their economy/political environment, (as well as other factors) are also pretty poorly managed atm.

On that note, have you perhaps considered Canada? Canada's immigration office is pretty lenient, understanding and welcoming to new immigrants. Plus, obtaining a VISA here in Canada is also (from what I've seen) not nearly as complicated of a process compared to other countries.

Moreover, living expenses here in Canada are also reasonably affordable. Education is great and our healthcare system is (arguably) one of the best in the world. We also pride ourselves on being a very open, welcoming and accepting society. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your adult game dev career ;D

And if you might be considering settling into Canada, I can advise that the Western part of Canada (e.g., British Columbia), in particular, is a great place to settle with a family as well as a province like Nova Scotia. Cities in the aforementioned provinces are generally more affordable compared to cities like Toronto in Ontario, but there are some cities within Ontario that are also a great choice as well.

P.S. Oh and btw, in the past, I've volunteered at my former University as an advisor where I helped (i.e., not families per-se), but international students with settling into Canada, and helping them with any questions concerning immigration and whatnot, soo if you might have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help in DM's! :) Cheers and hope all works out well for you, whichever path you choose AC Dev! ^^
Wow, surprisingly, you are a very nice person. Like a gift to me. I will discuss this with my wife and get back to you. But the Canadian embassy is not giving a visa at the moment. But from Thailand, it should be working. Actually, one of my patrons encourages me to come to Canada, too. The problem is my wife can't work as she has to babysit our daughter. We can't hire a babysitter, so. I and she, mainly she is babysitting. If she can work, they said, it would be easier. As she is an academic.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Here in the Province of Québec we have a public and subsidized Kindergarden system that is inspirirng the federal government to implement a national equivalent. This system helps families and single mothers to get on the work market and be able to support themselves. With the situation in Myanmar and your job you might even be able to apply for asylium. One problem is that the current imigration system in the country is a bit overloaded. Making the delays longer than acceptable. It still might be a good option compared to others, but I would not look at it as my only option.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Actually, one of my patrons encourages me to come to Canada, too. The problem is my wife can't work as she has to babysit our daughter. We can't hire a babysitter, so. I and she, mainly she is babysitting. If she can work, they said, it would be easier. As she is an academic
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Yeah, since your daughter is really young too, hiring a babysitter would be quite difficult. It's probably best to take care of her personally for at least the next two years or so before considering a daycare/nursery service.

Yeah, I mean if your wife can work that would help a lot with expenses and whatnot. Plus, if she is an academic/educator, her job might mainly be remote because of the ongoing situation with the pandemic, soo she might have the freedom to work from home, while at the same time either yourself or your wife can keep an eye on your daughter.

And yes, not a problem! Talk it over with your wife, and if need be, please don't hesitate to DM me and I'll try my best to advise as best as I can :)

• Red Heart

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Here in the Province of Québec we have a public and subsidized Kindergarden system that is inspirirng the federal government to implement a national equivalent. This system helps families and single mothers to get on the work market and be able to support themselves. With the situation in Myanmar and your job you might even be able to apply for asylium. One problem is that the current imigration system in the country is a bit overloaded. Making the delays longer than acceptable. It still might be a good option compared to others, but I would not look at it as my only option.
Does Canada still have a woman as a Minister for Women, an Inuit as a Minister for Indigenous Affairs, an ex-banker as a Minister for Finance etc?

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Province of Québec we have a public and subsidized Kindergarden system
Oh right! You guys in Québec have that subsidized system, yeah we have something similar like that in Ontario. But, yeah the immigration system is somewhat overloaded now, and Covid isn't exactly helping to expedite things. But, it is still an option worth considering I would say.

3.60 star(s) 78 Votes