Auruss

Sep 5, 2020
Will we ever see the end of the current free pass? Please, even a rushed ending with a flurry of *** scenes would be highly appreciated. Like, we get to choose a path, then the ending is where that path leads to. Ex. Choose lesbian ending and yoon ends up with all girls, then bam, End of Old free pass story. Please don't abandon it when its coming so close to completion. We will still support you on freepass reboot after you give the first free pass the ending it deserves atleast.

Nerkahl

Oct 2, 2021
or at last give the option for the one who like it shaved.
the one the like it hairy can have it but pls at last give the option.
not everone is in hairy and not everone is in shaved.
the models are great but i think is somethink u can give a option for the player at last think about it.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

BoomerWooman

Feb 22, 2022
I'm sorry but I cannot be supportive of a bad decisions being made by developers. The story, renders and character in the original game were great. You had some major problems because of which you had to move to Thailand so it was understandable that you were taking the time to settle in a new country before continuing the work. Your Patreon had stagnated / member count gone down because there was no content coming out. While some would sympathize with your situation and still support you without any content (as did I), there will be many who would cancel their membership as it's their money.

This practice of restarting games is so annoying because I do not see how you plan on doing things that are so vividly different that your patreon members go up. The first thing that majority of people want is for the developer to be regular. In the initial stages of the game you were regular but then you increased your workload by making another game and your situation became worse in Myanmar. Now instead of striving for regularly timed updates, restarting just seems like running away from the problem. I had hoped that given your passion for Yoon you would have at least finished the game but as they say another one bites the dust.

Good luck you might prove me wrong but no game in my experience that has been restarted has made a comeback.

NathanSlayer

Jun 15, 2021

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
If you mean this character:

She's Jessica, the main character's best friend.

This is Grace Mei, who is the new MC:
If that's the new MC, then I think most people will delete the game. I for one am not into gilfs.

vvvhhhhnnn

Mar 28, 2020
Interesting decision and I can see the logic for it - the game at the moment feels episodic, the tone is a bit inconsistent and the renders obviously get better after the early sections, but it very obviously got better as it went along and if a creator feels the project needs a new version when they've clearly been improving and learning I think it's a great decision. Also, I really like Yoon (& her model - prefer her looks to those new MC renders, but prefer new Michelle and new Zoe to old ones) but the story felt a bit like there wasn't anywhere much interesting left to go so a new version could be great. Bold choice, will watch with interest

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

looseylucy

Apr 22, 2019
It's your decision, the only thing I take issue with is this idea that you're renewing the game with a different storyline, different MC, different art, different everything. It's a different game. You're abandoning the old one. Don't try to sugar coat it with this nonsense

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Since the annoucement, I've been wondering what my headcanon ending would be, and we're pretty much there anyway - Yoon has split from Daniel, professed her love for Jas and Sukkhon, even if Sukkhon is moving away and wearing stupid shirts. Michelle has split with Jospeh, grown up, and has a better relationship with Yoon.

So in terms of Free Pass 1.0, it may not take much to tidy up the loose ends and consider the game completed. Don't know about the other routes though.
i think I might be able to deal with this better. Lots of unresolved plotlines, but since there appears to be no further interest in continuing Yoon's storyline, just concluding it might be best. That way, there is room for PART 2 at some point when inspiration strikes again.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
My plan is to launch the game with Free Pass 2.0 and leave the 1.0 links alone. But wouldn't it be preferable to start a new thread? What are your thoughts? By the way, I've been using QuillBot instead of Grammarly. Would you like it more as a native? I haven't tried the premium version yet.
A 2.0 reboot migth be a better idea, imo. That way, if inspiration strikes you enough to update Yoon's story, you can.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Honestly, I think it is a mistake to drop one game to start a new one. You can call it a reboot, but when one says a new narrative I tend to think new game. One of the best ways to became a creator that people are going to keep backing is to have a track record of completing actual games. Evakiss and Dr. Pinkcake are two well known ones that have done this.

When people get invested in the storyline and characters they can get frustrated when they find it being dropped or radically changed. Others as you can see will try to be be positive, but are voicing concerns. Others will move on.

My advice would be to finish Free Pass as it was finally getting to where the seeds you had previously planted where coming to fruition. But, I also wouldn't dump the new storyline/reboot you are thinking about either. I would put that on the docket as the next game to do.

I know that none of this is easy, and you may need to think of eliminating part of a storyline if it is adding too much complexity. But what you want to avoid is for your projects to turn into what Hollywood or the gaming industry calls development hell. They get started, people get interested, project ends before it is finished, cycle repeats but people become less interested.

Then again, sometimes dumping one thing if it isn't working can be the best choice which is what George R.R. Martin and HBO should have done with Game of Thrones. The lighting was terrible in the final season, the storyline finished poorly, and HBO is now hoping that a lot of now angry fans will tune in for the spin-offs.

So, good luck with whatever route you decide to take, but completing projects is still the best way to get Patreon success.
Just to be clear, Martin had very, very little to do with the last season of GoT; it was the showrunners getting bored with the drind of each schedule and contract renegotiation coming up. A internet writer, Alice Shipwise, made alternate scripts for season 9, which were - imo - excellent I think she was ordered to stop by HBO, which can affect a screenwriter's opportunities.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
I know, I know, I'm terrible I can relate to how you feel. But, as I previously stated, I was working on a very low-end computer. This also limited my thoughts. When I play it again now, the outcomes are tough to see. I am certain that I can produce better. As for you, my fans, I want to provide you a game that you can be proud to support.

The new narrative I'd want to share has nothing to do with Yoon. I don't want to imply that Yoon isn't good enough. She is the most adored. I'll continue to use her in other aspects of my work. In fact, I admire her. I don't want to embarrass her in any way. Because I attempted to change her to something more appropriate for the new reboot. I tried But I see that it is, in fact, humiliating. I don't want Yoon to be like that. She is an example of self-sufficiency. If they don't like Yoon, they may leave. Yoon is always going to be Yoon. That is why I have Grace Mei in her place. That is not to say Grace is any better. She is best suited.
So, you are thinking to use Grace to follow down those dark roads that you don't want Yoon to go down. I remember that J. Michael Straczynski, while writing [incredibly] virtually all episodes for Babylon 5 that his characters would evolve in ways that he never expected. Stephen King and Pete Straub have also mentioned this specific phenomena, where the characters are given enough life on the page that the writer recognizes this and is no longer really writing, but rather just following what the character does according to their own written nature.

I for one am really sad that Yoon isn't going to be exploring some of those dark hallways, but I get that she is more than just a character for you. The X-Men comic book character, Kitty Pride, was based upon someone that the writer at teh time [Chris Claremont] knew personally. When the character's stories took a turn that diverged from what the RL person would do, there was pressure on him to force the character back to the original. Fortunately, he stopped himself, and allowed his character to become their own, divergent, best selves. That is what I had hoped for here. I know Yoon is based upon someone real, and that having the character do things that the real person wouldn't do is concerning.

ladymxiang

Jul 20, 2017
Yoon was one of my favorite game characters, inocent, delicate and beautiful. She was the reason this game became one of my favorites.

I was looking forward for the Iceman path and to see her become more and more wild.

I really liked her look. Will be honest, the new MC modeling does nothing for me. She looks old and a bit weird.

I hope you will reconsider, Yoon was the strong point of your game.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes