exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Never mind, swim over it. It will have its reasons. I hope we get the link for the new game in time. Although I don't like the decision. The developer won me over with his talent in style and storytelling. I would like to keep an eye on him

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
Never mind, swim over it. It will have its reasons. I hope we get the link for the new game in time. Although I don't like the decision. The developer won me over with his talent in style and storytelling. I would like to keep an eye on him
The problem of abandoning a project to reboot it is what if the dev isn't happy with the reboot? Will the reboot be abandoned or will the dev see it through.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yoon was one of my favorite game characters, inocent, delicate and beautiful. She was the reason this game became one of my favorites.

I was looking forward for the Iceman path and to see her become more and more wild.

I really liked her look. Will be honest, the new MC modeling does nothing for me. She looks old and a bit weird.

I hope you will reconsider, Yoon was the strong point of your game.
Iceman path ?? always thought that path was abandoned. It exists ?

TankDude

Aug 4, 2017
Just to be clear, Martin had very, very little to do with the last season of GoT; it was the showrunners getting bored with the drind of each schedule and contract renegotiation coming up. A internet writer, Alice Shipwise, made alternate scripts for season 9, which were - imo - excellent I think she was ordered to stop by HBO, which can affect a screenwriter's opportunities.
The show runners did screw up and so did those above them, but the problems all start with Martin. He has yet to finish the book and he gave them a terrible ending to his story to try to pull off. On top of that he had so many plot threads that went nowhere, and a writer can do that with some and get away with it but not in the quantity he has done. Honestly, he set a up a great world, but the storylines and their execution are textbook examples of bad writing.

I agree with you about the show runners getting bored, but someone above them should have identified that the show was running into serious problems and solved it. Heck, the lighting was a disaster and no one at HBO seemed to notice or to say anything. Another red flag is when the winner of the Iron Throne is a character that was so useless he was ignored for an entire season. HBO should have known that such an ending wasn't going to work and Martin should have as well. So HBO is hoping that fans are still willing to watch the spinoffs after the disaster of the last few seasons of Game of Thrones. I don't know if they will, but I do know that fans do move on to other series when one wraps.

May 7, 2021
The show runners did screw up and so did those above them, but the problems all start with Martin. He has yet to finish the book and he gave them a terrible ending to his story to try to pull off. On top of that he had so many plot threads that went nowhere, and a writer can do that with some and get away with it but not in the quantity he has done. Honestly, he set a up a great world, but the storylines and their execution are textbook examples of bad writing.

I agree with you about the show runners getting bored, but someone above them should have identified that the show was running into serious problems and solved it. Heck, the lighting was a disaster and no one at HBO seemed to notice or to say anything. Another red flag is when the winner of the Iron Throne is a character that was so useless he was ignored for an entire season. HBO should have known that such an ending wasn't going to work and Martin should have as well. So HBO is hoping that fans are still willing to watch the spinoffs after the disaster of the last few seasons of Game of Thrones. I don't know if they will, but I do know that fans do move on to other series when one wraps.
Don't forget the sudden opening of a Starbucks in Westeros.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
This was one of the best female MC games. Shame that it has been abandoned..Yoon's story should have been finished first. If the dev had to restart this game at least use her as the MC again..
Yeah it is a shame and I think it wouldn't have worked without Yoon as the MC, but I think the dev is planning to make a new game, but if his choice of the new MC stays the same as currently, then I don't think I will play it as I don't find her attractive at all and I think you need that.

Reactions: Mystermask

gkpuge1

Jun 12, 2020
My plan is to launch the game with Free Pass 2.0 and leave the 1.0 links alone. But wouldn't it be preferable to start a new thread? What are your thoughts? By the way, I've been using QuillBot instead of Grammarly. Would you like it more as a native? I haven't tried the premium version yet.

then why not just take a break from free pass then make your new game instead of a reboot. postpone update indefinitely. it sounds like your not really ready to give up on the current story but have ideas that strays from the current one. if that's the case then just put free pass on hold.

JuiceBox89

Feb 15, 2021
After Choices this game is the best VN I ever played. I am assuming that your vision will make a greater game, but this is still a huge loss. Don't forget you gave us Yoon, and we immediately fell in love with her! Don't dig your own grave sweetheart! But I need to know, Amala wil still be in? Perhaps a bigger roll? I love her!

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 79 Votes