lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Tried the reboot, didn't like the new Yoon very much, wasn't happy with Michelle being replaced and then found that there was no default name for the, unwanted, male protagonist (which I hate because I have no way of knowing ahead of times if the name I choose has been taken by another character)

Deleted

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Tried the reboot, didn't like the new Yoon very much, wasn't happy with Michelle being replaced and then found that there was no default name for the, unwanted, male protagonist (which I hate because I have no way of knowing ahead of times if the name I choose has been taken by another character)

Deleted
That's one of the reasons I call him "Shithead". I'd be surprised if that was taken.

But a culturally appropriate default name would be interesting.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That's one of the reasons I call him "Shithead". I'd be surprised if that was taken.

But a culturally appropriate default name would be interesting.
on some army/similar game that might be nickname for some1.

i gave him name as shang.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
culturally appropriate default name
Mixed-race people, such as me, do not have ethnic names that are quite similar to your surname or last name.

For instance, we previously put Nan in front of Yoon. She is definitely a Shan (Burmese) or Tai (Northern Thai) girl.
Karen girl, Nant (Yes, Karen is an ethnic name. LOL. However, the pronunciation is different.)

When we add Sai in front of a man's name, we know he's a Shan male.
For Karen - Salai

There are also numerous ethincs preserved names available.

Nan Grace Mei - Nan (Shan)(Tai) + Mei (Chineses)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: botc76

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
I think you are wrong, you can also vote here on F95zone. Only the vote on Patreon counts more, which I think is ok.
(Oh my, let's gain some more facepalms here...)

If you look at the posts more detailed at that time there you had no voice here on F95 about the poll. This seems to have changed now, funny. I got quite some bashing when I was pissed about that back then, and now....

Well, I still think this whole poll thing was unfortunately not good (not to say a mess) for the dev. and the game. She (sorry, in my old post's I missed that and said he) better would have advertised that only on Patreon if it was meant for Patreons only also. Since the imo even more bad "By By Free Pass" post in may the reputation as a trusted developer got already tarnished, this poll with the impossible number of votes to gain did, it seems, quite the opposite then probably hoped from her now also. It's actually a tragedy since she really would need the Patreon increase and the money, but made with doing that things even worse. A look at graphtreon unfortunately confirmed that (in May a massive drop, now again less instead of the hoped increase). (removed bec. of AC posting below)

I really hope there would be a solution for things getting better again, I really do. Maybe the (mostly) change back of the story will help in the future, also the adjustments for the new Yoon model are imo great, too.

I know it's just a phrase, but still honest wishes from me that it gets better. Good luck!

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
A look at graphtreon unfortunately confirmed that (in May a massive drop, now again less instead of the hoped increase).
It increased from 160 to 183. Due to payments, almost every developer lost patrons during the first week of the month. Some people depart at that moment, some people's credit cards are denied, and so on.

When people leave the creator, the money is the first thing to go, but the number of patrons drops at the end of the month.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Since the imo even more bad "By By Free Pass" post in may the reputation as a trusted developer got already tarnished, this poll with the impossible number of votes to gain did, it seems, quite the opposite then probably hoped from her now also.
I would never do that to my loved ones, but to be fair, it is the most popular trick in Asia for waking people up and getting them to pay attention to the game/Product. I know it's horrible, but I came back stronger knowing that my game now has a large amount of audiences. Everything I do must be done with the knowledge that people are watching, not ignoring.

Reactions: botc76

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Mixed-race people, such as me, do not have ethnic names that are quite similar to your surname or last name.

For instance, we previously put Nan in front of Yoon. She is definitely a Shan (Burmese) or Tai (Northern Thai) girl.
Karen girl, Nant (Yes, Karen is an ethnic name. LOL. However, the pronunciation is different.)

When we add Sai in front of a man's name, we know he's a Shan male.
For Karen - Salai

There are also numerous ethincs preserved names available.

Nan Grace Mei - Nan (Shan)(Tai) + Mei (Chineses)
I was watching a British TV show a while back, and they kept refering to a character "Sid". I assumed it was short for Sydney. Turns out though he was Indian and it was short for Sidhatha. I have also known over the years a Nathan that was short for Loganathan, and an Aaron that was short for Arunajalam.

I also believe the wife of Rupert Murdoch is Wendi Deng, but her birth name is actually Wen Di Deng.

If we need more examples of names that are both European and Asain.
It increased from 160 to 183. Due to payments, almost every developer lost patrons during the first week of the month. Some people depart at that moment, some people's credit cards are denied, and so on.

When people leave the creator, the money is the first thing to go, but the number of patrons drops at the end of the month.
If you look at the Patreon numbers for someone like L&P over a longer period than yours (almost 5 years for those unaware), there isn't a single month the entire time that doesn't have a drop at the start of the month. There is a distinct sawtooth pattern really evident of the longer time period, even if the average is improving over that time.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
If you look at the Patreon numbers for someone like L&P over a longer period than yours (almost 5 years for those unaware), there isn't a single month the entire time that doesn't have a drop at the start of the month. There is a distinct sawtooth pattern really evident of the longer time period, even if the average is improving over that time.
Math is one of my weak points. But what I mean is that if he had 1,800 in the middle of January, he will have 1,500 in the start of February. And he gets around 2,000 in the middle of February. So, according to the graphtreon metrics, he has a growing curve. That's exactly what I meant. I checked in a month and saw that this has been happening to several popular developers. But I haven't checked in a while.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
sawtooth pattern
I'm sorry, but I used to work in the sound design profession, thus I believe sawtooth returns to 0 on its down curve. I realize there is another wave, but it is not a majority that truly represents more. It would be wonderful if you could bring back my dusty memories. AHA...

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Math is one of my weak points. But what I mean is that if he had 1,800 in the middle of January, he will have 1,500 in the start of February. And he gets around 2,000 in the middle of February. So, according to the graphtreon metrics, he has a growing curve. That's exactly what I meant. I checked in a month and saw that this has been happening to several popular developers. But I haven't checked in a while.
But one of my strong points. I was agreeing with you, just putting it into more technical terms. My main reason for bringing up a different developer was that over a longer time frame, the constant dips at the start of the month is more obvious, since the sample size is larger.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
But one of my strong points. I was agreeing with you, just putting it into more technical terms. My main reason for bringing up a different developer was that over a longer time frame, the constant dips at the start of the month is more obvious, since the sample size is larger.
I knew you were agreeing. I was aware that my poor English could seem strange to you. Haha... I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing, so I copied your sentences and pasted them into Quillbot. And it demonstrates;

Screenshot 2022-07-02 165137.jpg

Reactions: Alley_Cat

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Is that an expression like "Icez"?
Many individuals who have wondered why Sukkhon mentions Icez so frequently in the game would like to see it in action.

I'll add more because I'm still finding when trans women use it. Perhaps we can find an infinite number of "Icez(s)" in interviews. LOL

Reactions: matissewan11

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
3.60 star(s) 79 Votes