Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Mariam is under Arabic? I am just curious.
Yep. Not sure about what it means in Arabic
Don't know why she can't have other name than Arabic, it's game about peoples all around the world
Maybe something like this one View attachment 1180085 View attachment 1180086
I think you might be surprised what names are Arabic. Mariam shortens to Mary.
But names like Sarah, Mona, Hana, Nadine, Nadia, Maya, Tamara all have Arabic origins

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020
Yep. Not sure about what it means in Arabic

I think you might be surprised what names are Arabic. Mariam shortens to Mary.
But names like Sarah, Mona, Hana, Nadine, Nadia, Maya, Tamara all have Arabic origins
Every name would suit her then ;)
Yes i know many names have Arabic or Hebrew orgins but shorts or distortions make them not easy to find out
Tamara and Nadia were given mostly in Russia and Ukraine at 50s and 60s - i thought those names have Russians roots
I'm confusedo_O

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yes i know many names have Arabic or Hebrew orgins but shorts or distortions make them not easy to find out
Tamara and Nadia were given mostly in Russia and Ukraine at 50s and 60s - i thought those names have Russians roots
I'm confusedo_O
If you look at how the Persian Empire expanded way back when, it's likely some of the Arabic language permeated the Russian local dialects. So while the names might be more popular in Russia than in Muslim countries, they'll still have an Arabic origin.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
If you look at how the Persian Empire expanded way back when, it's likely some of the Arabic language permeated the Russian local dialects. So while the names might be more popular in Russia than in Muslim countries, they'll still have an Arabic origin.
I'm confusedo_O

I am just curious again, do you guys happen to know if there is a person who has different last name from their parents.

Daddy - Daniel Hills + Mommy - Yoon Ni Ko Hills
Son - John Carter

If there is a one like that, how do you guys think about it? Weird or other else?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I am just curious again, do you guys happen to know if there is a person who has different last name from their parents.

Son - John Carter

If there is a one like that, how do you guys think about it? Weird or other else?
Don't know if it counts, but my father and I. There was an error when my family emigrated over to where I live now, so the spelling of my father's surname isn't the same as his father's. And when I found out, I changed it back to the traditional spelling

• Red Heart

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Don't know if it counts, but my father and I. There was an error when my family emigrated over to where I live now, so the spelling of my father's surname isn't the same as his father's. And when I found out, I changed it back to the traditional spelling
I am also not 100% Myanmarese. I have another ethics name. But to get an ID here, starting from my father's generation, they start using Myanmarese names. Back to the topic, in Myanmar, we don't necessarily follow parents' names and don't find weird to it. That is why I am asking. It's weird but I still haven't made the final decision to name Yoon's little sister.

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020

Son - John Carter

My friend have a "real father" name, not a mother's husband ofc - wife cheated on husband he wanted to be sure it's his child he done a genetic test
The father was someone else

My cousin have a his mother's name, his father died in car accident before he was Born

Also one of our actors have different name than his family
His parents were junkies, he was taken to orphanage and his name was changed with his will

It's not weird, it depends on situation :unsure:

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020
My neighbour have other name than his parents, father was alcoholic, mother was junky, when she Born a child a social assistance take a child and gave him to closest family
The closest family was Rich and good prospering family, he's a someone now
No matter who's name you have that long you are good person everything is ok

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I am also not 100% Myanmarese. I have another ethics name. But to get an ID here, starting from my father's generation, they start using Myanmarese names. Back to the topic, in Myanmar, we don't necessarily follow parents' names and don't find weird to it. That is why I am asking. It's weird but I still haven't made the final decision to name Yoon's little sister.
Well you only need to name her the update she turns up, like with Zoe and Zari, so I don't think that's weird at all.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
My friend have a "real father" name, not a mother's husband ofc - wife cheated on husband he wanted to be sure it's his child he done a genetic test
The father was someone else

My cousin have a his mother's name, his father died in car accident before he was Born

Also one of our actors have different name than his family
His parents were junkies, he was taken to orphanage and his name was changed with his will

It's not weird, it depends on situation :unsure:
maxresdefault (1).jpg

This girl is from the superhero series called "Arrow". She is the daughter of Arrow, MC. But to hide who her father is, she used her mother's last name "Smoak" from Felicity Smoak.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I have some temporary names chosen:

Thinzar Bo, Cherry Bo, Chery Mi Mi Bo, Cherry Mi Mi, Khun Ni (Of course Khun comes from Thailand Names family and it is now common in Myanmar to hire partial words from Thai original names)

Well you only need to name her the update she turns up, like with Zoe and Zari, so I don't think that's weird at all.
Just call her Mia or Nairobi :KEK:
It's Your game and You can do what You want

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020
View attachment 1180238

This girl is from the superhero series called "Arrow". She is the daughter of Arrow, MC. But to hide who her father is, she used her mother's last name "Smoak" from Felicity Smoak.
Not every child have father's name, there's nothing wrong if mc's sister will have a other family name than mc
Yoon have her husband name now
If You planning a events mc/sis i'm 100% sure she can have a different name than mc :KEK: :love:

I was laughing a while, Smoak is similiar to word "Smok" - it means Dragon at my langauge

Nov 13, 2020
Mariam is under Arabic? I am just curious.
Mariam Origin and Meaning
The name Mariam is a girl's name of Arabic, Hebrew/Israeli origin meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
Popular among parents with Arab roots. Also found as Maryam.

Mary was ultimately derived from the Hebrew name Mariam. The original meaning of Mariam is uncertain, but theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots mar "drop" and yam "sea"); "bitter" (from Hebrew marah "bitterness"); and "beloved" (from the Egyptian root mr).

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Mariam Origin and Meaning
The name Mariam is a girl's name of Arabic, Hebrew/Israeli origin meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
Popular among parents with Arab roots. Also found as Maryam.

Mary was ultimately derived from the Hebrew name Mariam. The original meaning of Mariam is uncertain, but theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots mar "drop" and yam "sea"); "bitter" (from Hebrew marah "bitterness"); and "beloved" (from the Egyptian root mr).
Thank you so much for explaining in detail. I have learned a lot from you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes