Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

redbuttcheeks

Nov 5, 2017
What OhWee says is that *interactive* licences are not required for a VN. Not that *regular* licences are not required. This is different.
Interactive licences are for 3D game that interactiviley generate images from models (and so you have to embedd the 3D model in the game).
But if you generate an image with a 3D model, you are supposed to buy a regular licence. If an artist or a merchant site sees one of its products in an image, a game, a VN, a site, etc, he can require from you the proof of the purchase. So, unless it is for personal use, you are supposed to purchase any item that you use. Otherwise, there is a risc, probably very small, but real. It is up to you to decide if you take it or not. But technically, you are supposed to buy assets, even for a VN.
Got'cha! Thanks. That was actually really helpful. Any place where I can read up on this kind of stuff considering I'm interested in putting out a VN?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I do not think there is much more to say. The rule is "if you use something, you must buy it", but there is a tolerance for personal use or for something free. What would be interesting is to get some testimony so that people can evaluate the risc, but I do not know any site with that.

Reactions: redbuttcheeks
Jul 14, 2018
Any place where I can read up on this kind of stuff considering I'm interested in putting out a VN?
- search for "Terms of Use"
and
has a more Plain English version of it at the top.

When you purchase content from Daz3d (without the Interactive License) you are legally allowed to...

...User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User's other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User's two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

You buy it, you can create renders, videos, animations and distribute them for free, require a pay per download (ie - a comic, a visual novel with renders, animated films even) or even a subscription base (ie - a Patreon to access the latest version of your VN, to access all your comics, etc)

If you download stuff from Nopy, Mega, etc - you have no legal right to use them, nor do you have legal right to distribute anything made with them regardless of if you charge for it. Even making a test render with something you didn't purchase and uploading it so people can see what it looks like is a violation of the license.

redbuttcheeks

Nov 5, 2017
That all makes sense and all. Frankly a good way for people making the stuff to earn something back, so it's a nice system, just not very friendly to newcomers, because you don't really know what to buy or invest in for a quality starting pack at first; so you'd be able to start working on something more grounded and real without wasting money on things you won't use, but still have enough to make an entry level little novel with the renders. Also I wish they could give the models out for a trial so you could at least work with them for a little before paying up to own them.

Jul 14, 2018
That all makes sense and all. Frankly a good way for people making the stuff to earn something back, so it's a nice system, just not very friendly to newcomers, because you don't really know what to buy or invest in for a quality starting pack at first; so you'd be able to start working on something more grounded and real without wasting money on things you won't use, but still have enough to make an entry level little novel with the renders. Also I wish they could give the models out for a trial so you could at least work with them for a little before paying up to own them.
It's like any other asset system. Or car rentals even. You can't legally use it until you have a legal right to use it, and you get that right by handing over cash.

There are plenty of people making free assets (this thread alone can point you to it) and the major players - Daz3d, Renderocity, etc regularly have sales so it's not terribly expensive.

The main thing is the buffet problem, where everything looks good so you throw it all on the plate but none of it actually goes well together so it tastes awful. Same kinda thing - if you're going legal (and you should if you're selling) then figure out what you need to make your thing and only buy what you need. Plan in advance, don't buy what you don't need, buy stuff you can reuse, and learn to use the surfaces tab, shaders, and image editing software to extend lifespans of products.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note. I (finally) started a separate thread a while back for sales on products people can use in Daz Studio a few weeks back, here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-daz-...az3d-renderosity-renderotica-etc.64546/page-2

The goal was/is to not clutter up the freebies thread here with a bunch of talk about sales going forward, so that this thread could stay focused on the topic at hand, FREEBIES!

As for PC+ memberships, yeah try to shoot for 50% off (or better). During this year's PC+ sale (Oct/early Nov), they kept the discount around 40%, but occasionally a coupon would kick in that might increase that discount. Of course, you'll need to weigh what's on sale ATM versus what you may end up paying, to decide if a lower discount now on PC+ might still be worth it. That 30% off DO's, and lower prices on PC+ items, is kind of a big deal...

My membership comes due in a few months, so I'm hoping for some 50% off (or better) magic between now and then, without expensive prereq items. My Daz Studio library is pretty extensive at this point, so I'm shopping less and less these days. I'm on the fence about this week's $1 items, as I already grabbed most of the items I wanted from the V4/M4 or earlier eras a while back, sometimes for much cheaper in past sales, so not much is grabbing me atm. But that's more of a discussion for the other thread.

Carry on!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just a PSA.

It's December and DAZ is again offering more Holiday Freebies. These are all new items, not the old stuff they offer whenever they feel like updating that page. If I remember correctly, and they follow last years process, there should be a new freebie offered everyday. So check in often!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderosity has an advent calendar with free items
And you can also check the calendar of the fantasy attic
Not certain that the items remain in the calendar, and some may only be there for a limited time. So better check regularly.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Renderosity has an advent calendar with free items
And you can also check the calendar of the fantasy attic
Not certain that the items remain in the calendar, and some may only be there for a limited time. So better check regularly.
Thanks for the tip, but man thefantasieattic really needs some work done on their website, that looks ANCIENT! I feel like catching dust only browsing the site lol.

Cinderhella

Dec 4, 2020
My first post as a newbie to both the forum and the 3D community in general, and wow. That's all I can say. The amount of work, dedication, passion, and commitment in this thread alone is something to behold. I've combed this entire thread from Page One, and hoovered up every single resource made available to me because of you. You've saved me so much time and money, not to mention sheer frustration, that a simple Thanks seems trite in response.

Until I learn enough to make freebies? A humble and sincerely meant Thank You will have to suffice.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go learn how to get this stuff uploaded... *wanders off muttering under breath*

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The is closing, effective January 4, 2021. If any of you have accumulated points from previous purchases there, now would be a good time to use them. Much of the Hive Wire product will be available at , but individual creative artists will be free to develop their own relationships with other distribution sites. In honor of closing, they are doing a month-long sale to clear items, many of which will not be transferred to Renderosity due to age, quality, or other issues, so this is an opportunity to get up to 49% off at the Hive Wire store. I just thought those who like the store should know and have an opportunity to take advantage of the sale.

Reactions: fried

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
My first post as a newbie to both the forum and the 3D community in general, and wow. That's all I can say. The amount of work, dedication, passion, and commitment in this thread alone is something to behold. I've combed this entire thread from Page One, and hoovered up every single resource made available to me because of you. You've saved me so much time and money, not to mention sheer frustration, that a simple Thanks seems trite in response.
Thank you so much for the kind words. This thread would not exist and would not be the kind of resource it is without amazing contributions from some key players like recreation and OhWee among others who have contributed to the structure and assets found here, as well as many others who I didn't call out by name. My hats off to everyone for making this a true asset to Daz3D developers on F95zone.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the mention, I actually got a notification this time :eek:
That also reminds me to link this here which I totally forgot^^

Reactions: sissyhigashi

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, not really news, but the Holiday related freebies continue at Daz3D.

Today there's a , just the thing to go along with the Santa Slayer defensive cannon from last year. Here's a pic of the cannon I did last year, entitled Attack of the 50 Ft. Rachel...

The props are almost identical, except maybe the cannon design itself is different, the base and swivel mount look like carbon copies. Still, it's free, so might as well grab it!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
After a couple of weeks off, the fantasy attic site is up again. Have a look at its advent calendar with the freebies available so far.

Haven't seen anything exceptional, but make up your mind.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
As for PC+ memberships, yeah try to shoot for 50% off (or better). During this year's PC+ sale (Oct/early Nov), they kept the discount around 40%, but occasionally a coupon would kick in that might increase that discount. Of course, you'll need to weigh what's on sale ATM versus what you may end up paying, to decide if a lower discount now on PC+ might still be worth it. That 30% off DO's, and lower prices on PC+ items, is kind of a big deal...
Speaking of big discounts on PC+ memberships, the latest sale, the is offering to double the holiday loyalty bonus given to each member. In my case, the bonus is 25% which means that if I choose to use it to re-up my PC+ membership, i get 50% off. That might be worth checking out if anyone is on the fence about renewing their PC+ membership and has a similar base bonus.

EDIT: Holy crap. I have Honey installed on my system, and when I went to the checkout, it offered to add any additional coupons. It applied a coupon (I think it was THIRTY-TODAY) to my purchase and increased the discount to 65% off, giving me a net cost of $24.50 for the PC+ renewal. SWEEEET!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Speaking of big discounts on PC+ memberships, the latest sale, the is offering to double the holiday loyalty bonus given to each member. In my case, the bonus is 25% which means that if I choose to use it to re-up my PC+ membership, i get 50% off. That might be worth checking out if anyone is on the fence about renewing their PC+ membership and has a similar base bonus.

EDIT: Holy crap. I have Honey installed on my system, and when I went to the checkout, it offered to add any additional coupons. It applied a coupon (I think it was THIRTY-TODAY) to my purchase and increased the discount to 65% off, giving me a net cost of $24.50 for the PC+ renewal. SWEEEET!
Probably the least ever I've spent on a PC+ annual membership. Thanks for the heads up!

I used store credit as well, which I purchased at around 30% off, so after it was all said and done I spent around $14 on the Annual membership (my Loyalty Discount was 30%, I spent a fair amount of money at Daz3D this year...).

Much appreciated for sharing the coupon code! I have no idea where that code comes from, but it worked for me, which helped even more!
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
A christmas freebie from thunder-3D at rotica. But only for a limited time....
Renderotica is one of the sites in the original post that has a freebies section that they are always adding to. It pays to visit all of the sites in the original post section entitled "Collections and long postings with many item" as the sites and sections listed in this area regularly have freebies which may or may not fit your needs.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes