JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Also, I can't comment back about the future more than saying "you have to wait and see," obviously, because any more would spoil what you'll see in game. I do like the discussions about the personality of these girls I'm writing, I don't see this level of discussion on some games here, so at the very least I think I'm doing something right if it's getting everyone talking this much.

:)
It's mostly negative reaction... if that's your cup of tea then good job.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
If they don’t like it, they shouldn’t post. Shit posting about NTR is not needed. Just report it

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I suggest you to stay away from him.Ignore button is useful for it. Guy is a serial insulter. I saw crybabies, babies , kiddies even one case brainless. If this was a normal forum he sould've ban like 10 times. Just because he has a shity fetish thinking himself smarter then most.
I have always been a serial defender of the creative freedom of the game developers and writers, even when I personally don't happen to like some parts of their creations. Even when no one else dared to be the first to step up for them and their freedom in their game threads.
But you, kind sir, seem to be a master of slander - ripping more than a half year old facts out of context and spreading straight up lies about me.
I have never called anybody brainless here, this is an irrefutable fact. And the other occasions that you so nicely listed here, are ripped out of context from very old messages that hardly anyone but you seem to remember.
I would have preferred not to bring up this totally off topic issue, but I believe that I have a right to defend myself against vicious slander and lies.

Reactions: UncleVT

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
From the very beginning she is the only one who's been acting like an actual sister. She took the MC under her wing and has been trying to protect him. She's been talking and acting tough and bitchy, but that is actually how sisters do most of the time.
Not in my experience.
1 of mine is so much older she had left home by the time I was old enough to want or need an older sibling. The other was ever protective, the excuse for if my parents found cigarettes in my room the one to talk to when friends got in the shit and needed help. Then when she moved out and I was stuggling with my mid-teens her flat was the bolt hole to run to if I needed it.
Did we argue? Of course, but I argued with my parents and my friends too.
Did they wind me up and tease me? From time to time, but no matter what I thought then I see it now as them just having some fun.
Where they bitches to me? Only with good cause and that was usually because I had been a shit to them. But this was only for the duration of the row or whatever was happening, not everytime I say them.
It doesn't mean that she is your enemy or some major competitor about the important stuff.
Assuming Alice is your important stuff, then you are wrong, as it stands at the moment Leah is your direct competitor for her, more than that even, she is an obstacle to be overcome.
The guys complaining here about her don't seem to know what it means to have a sister. A real one.
It seems to me, as with all things in life, everyone's experience is different. My view of what it's like seems to be very different to yours yet mine is very real and unless I was to disrespect you I have to assume that you are not lying and your experience is real.
Broad sweeping statements are not generally helpful for constructive discourse. I try to avoid them, so would hope someone would pull me if I did it.

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Hello everyone, it's only been a couple of days since the last update, but we have seen all of your discussion. Regarding the end of the update, a lot of people really enjoyed it and are excited to see what happens next, but there are those that
didn't care for the ending also. For those who didn't enjoy it as much, I've asked V to write up an alternate path for players to take. This means you will be given a choice beforehand not to experience the ending as it is given now (I don't want to spoil anything).

This will come in a form of a mini-update which will add some new dialogue and an alternate route.

We want you to know we do listen, and while we believe the updates to come will be enjoyable, we want to make sure that we don't ignore the opinions of the people playing our game.

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
I've asked V to write up an alternate path for players to take. .
i hope this will be the new norm for your game moving forward. if you have the player choosing between a pacifist/sub route and a pervert/dom route, it is already expected to have 2 completely different path to play with the MC showing different behavior and having different dialogues with the other characters.

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
You mean, people who have a brain,
You edited your post and change it bravo
a bunch of kiddies with weak stomach to cry and moan
I have always been a serial defender of the creative freedom of the game developers and writers, even when I personally don't happen to like some parts of their creations. Even when no one else dared to be the first to step up for them and their freedom in their game threads.
But you, kind sir, seem to be a master of slander - ripping more than a half year old facts out of context and spreading straight up lies about me.
I have never called anybody brainless here, this is an irrefutable fact. And the other occasions that you so nicely listed here, are ripped out of context from very old messages that hardly anyone but you seem to remember.
I would have preferred not to bring up this totally off topic issue, but I believe that I have a right to defend myself against vicious slander and lies.
You want more ? I can do this all day. Do you have to insult while you're defending(!)?
Hello everyone, it's only been a couple of days since the last update, but we have seen all of your discussion. Regarding the end of the update, a lot of people really enjoyed it and are excited to see what happens next, but there are those that
didn't care for the ending also. For those who didn't enjoy it as much, I've asked V to write up an alternate path for players to take. This means you will be given a choice beforehand not to experience the ending as it is given now (I don't want to spoil anything).

This will come in a form of a mini-update which will add some new dialogue and an alternate route.

We want you to know we do listen, and while we believe the updates to come will be enjoyable, we want to make sure that we don't ignore the opinions of the people playing our game.
Thank you for listening to fans

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017

Glad to hear that you take seriously what I believe has been constructive criticism with regards to the last update. While I'm not a fan of NTR content in games I understand that sometimes there is a place for it. All we ask is to be given the choice to shape our playing experience and avoid such content. I will admit I do still have my concerns going forward that your writer may not fully consider what sort of content they are putting into the game and how it will effect peoples experiences playing it. Obviously we will see what the future holds. Believe me when I say this, we are only getting so annoyed by this because we enjoy the game and care about what happens in it. So you are definitely doing something right ;)

sansusername

May 4, 2017

good luck with this. i personally think you should just tell the story you're trying to tell - let the game speak for itself once it is done. There will be people that like it and people that don't, but you can't write something for everyone. You write what you think is going to be great and let the people decide once they have seen it all.

I'm definitely going to check it all out, but I already feel like this dev is second guessing their own vision. or at least the writer's vision.

to each their own though, this will definitely make some people happy, and I can't say I'm upset about more content. just hoping this isn't a sign of a decline in quality as the dev and writer start trying to appease the comments section every month instead of planning out something from start to finish.

Reactions: mineiros123

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018

Thank you both. As I have stated before I think both you and V.A. are great at what you do. I believe by doing this you will take a good game and make it truly great. I once again want to say thank you for your concern and for listening to the opinions of your players.

Reactions: BloodyRelight

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
@FFCreations
Oops, found a bug (should have played a full pacific path before)
ver3.rpy:129
Code:
            $ pacifism =+ 1
The "=+" must obviously be a "+=". Because of this I took a closer look, but a grep don't show another one of this inversion.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
@FFCreations
Oops, found a bug (should have played a full pacific path before)
ver3.rpy:129
Code:
            $ pacifism =+ 1
The "=+" must obviously be a "+=". Because of this I took a closer look, but a grep don't show another one of this inversion.
Thanks for discovering a bug and notifying me. However it is not due to "=+" since it can be inverse and it'll still work. Doing "=+" is just a matter of preference. Most programmer use "+=", and I usually do it, but sometimes I'm a bit inconsistent and use "=+" instead.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for discovering a bug and notifying me. However it is not due to "=+" since it can be inverse and it'll still work. Doing "=+" is just a matter of preference. Most programmer use "+=", and I usually do it, but sometimes I'm a bit inconsistent and use "=+" instead.
It works, but they're not the same thing.
x += 1 means x = (x + 1)
x =+ 1 means x = 1
It's not a matter of preference.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
However it is not due to "=+" since it can be inverse and it'll still work.
No. "+= 1" will add 1 to the actual value, but "=+ 1" will assign the positive value 1. So in one way you'll increase "pacifist", and on the other you'll reset it's value.
[edit: Well, @fsap1 said it before me]

It's because I saw "pacifist" dropping from 7 to 1, that I found it.

Reactions: FFCreations

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
No. "+= 1" will add 1 to the actual value, but "=+ 1" will assign the positive value 1. So in one way you'll increase "pacifist", and on the other you'll reset it's value.
[edit: Well, @fsap1 said it before me]

It's because I saw "pacifist" dropping from 7 to 1, that I found it.
Welp my bad, I rarely use "=+" (since most of the time it's just a typo) and I only really use it to go from 0 to 1 so it has always worked for me haha. Thanks for correcting me (Y).

The reason I said it was a matter of preference was because there was another language I programmed in (can't remember which one), where there was something similar to this and you could use either way.

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I get a bit skeptical when a dev adds a change fans wants, but in this case the change seems like it could fit the whole dom/sub route better than how the game currently is. So I'm excited to see how that turns out.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes