JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
WoW! Love this game! Just finished it last nite for the first time. Gonna start over again this afternoon to see if I can get anything different. God, Cant' wait for next eps!!

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
Launch FreeloadingFamily.sh. If it doesn't start then go to lib/linux-<your arch> and set FreeloadingFamily file as executable.
thanks for the info, unfortunately that didn't work with my Zorin OS.
but after some tweak i can ran .exe file in wane !!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
thanks for the info, unfortunately that didn't work with my Zorin OS.
but after some tweak i can ran .exe file in wane !!
Zorin is just another Ubuntu derivate, as I understand, so there's no point running it in Wine, Ren'Py is Python and runs on Linux natively just fine. FreeloadingFamily.sh itself has to be executable, obviously, and this is where you start it from. Ignore the exe file, it's for Windows.

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
Zorin is just another Ubuntu derivate, as I understand, so there's no point running it in Wine, Ren'Py is Python and runs on Linux natively just fine. FreeloadingFamily.sh itself has to be executable, obviously, and this is where you start it from. Ignore the exe file, it's for Windows.
yep i know ,, but tho i set the .sh file as en executable file, it didn't run on double click, i had to drag the .sh file in the terminal or locating the .sh file in terminal then press enter to run.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
yep i know ,, but tho i set the .sh file as en executable file, it didn't run on double click, i had to drag the .sh file in the terminal or locating the .sh file in terminal then press enter to run.
You have to flag it as executable. You can do it from gui, right click, chose permissions and make it executable by owner (your user account). Do the same for binary file lib/linux-x86_64/FreeloadingFamily

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
You have to flag it as executable. You can do it from gui, right click, chose permissions and make it executable by owner (your user account). Do the same for binary file lib/linux-x86_64/FreeloadingFamily
Screenshot from 2019-06-20 05-03-03.png Screenshot from 2019-06-20 05-08-18.png
^Not working on double-tap on .sh file ......

Screenshot from 2019-06-20 05-14-15.png
^Now that's how it's working,,

What the fuck is Zorin!!??? Excellent game!!
Zorin is a Fucking OS, Hope you know what OS means, if not then google it ..

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Wait, does this mean that you can run all renpy game natively on linux?
They typical Windows Ren'Py build is Windows and Linux. There are separate Windows only and Linux only options, but by default the Windows and Linux box is checked. If it has a .sh file and a Linux library directory, you're golden. Unless someone screws up the permissions, but that's why I wrote Permission Fixer.

Yeah, almost all Ren'py games either come with Linux executables, or may be rebuilt with them. I wasn't able to rebuild Girl House though.
In the game directory, there's a file called script_version.txt. This is the version of the SDK used to build the game. If you don't use the same (or similar) version, you might have problems.

Reactions: KlausLewis

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
In the game directory, there's a file called script_version.txt. This is the version of the SDK used to build the game. If you don't use the same (or similar) version, you might have problems.
I'm aware of that, but thanks.
Well, I suppose it's time to finish this offtop.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
View attachment 327457 View attachment 327458
^Not working on double-tap on .sh file ......

View attachment 327462
^Now that's how it's working,,
You could try to start your file manager via terminal and then try to run the game by double clicking on it. Could give you some idea about what is going on there. If that isn't enough, there should be debug mode switch for the file manager to see even more output in the terminal. You can also log that output at the same time by piping it to tee like this:

<your-file-manager> | tee some-file-name.log

BTW, I have no idea which file manager is the default one in Zorin. You could try another one, as already suggested.

Also, there's a mega-shitload (that's an official SI unit, BTW ;) ) of Ubuntu derivates around the world, this is literally the first time I've heard about Zorin. Google helps, of course, but there's a bunch of people here who wouldn't (be able to?) google themselves out of a wet paper bag even if their lives depended on it, just try to ignore them.

Reactions: Thermophob
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes