erkper

May 16, 2018
I'll admit, I'm biased because I liked Karina from the start. But that side story did not make me see her as a threat. Maybe that's because I understand the phrase "non-canon". But that did not make me think of her as a threat. If anything, it just showed what a potential ending with her could look like. But never did I see any reason to dislike her.
- Emphasis mine.

Really? Every girl in this game (with the exception of Susan, who is no longer a factor in the plot) is extremely honest and open with MC and each other, except Karina. Karina lies. Karina manipulates. Karina causes issues for others for her own benefit. You don't have to dislike her (I find her more complex character oddly appealing) but she certainly has given cause.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
- Emphasis mine.

Really? Every girl in this game (with the exception of Susan, who is no longer a factor in the plot) is extremely honest and open with MC and each other, except Karina. Karina lies. Karina manipulates. Karina causes issues for others for her own benefit. You don't have to dislike her (I find her more complex character oddly appealing) but she certainly has given cause.
I was referring to the side story, specifically.

But in the main game itself, let's talk about "extremely honest with MC and each other". Leah sent Karina to pose as MC's girlfriend as a prank, causing issues for literally everyone there (herself included). Then she expects him to do for her what she failed to do for him. Melody lies to his face about what she's getting all dressed up for (in her defense, she's not required to tell him, but that she lies about what it is, is the opposite of "extremely honest"). Alice is the only one who really hasn't lied to the other girls or the MC. None of them are saints. Even Karina herself has said that she just wants to be treated like an adult. Do the things that Leah does.

What has Karina done that's so wrong? Lied to try and get some booze at a party just like most 18 year-olds would? She sees someone she likes, and decides to try to move things forward with them? Sure, she's lying to her sister, but her sister lied to her, too. And their parents. They behave very much the same way, yet Leah still treats Karina like a child (when the game establishes that they're only a year apart), so Karina does the only thing she knows how to do: play into it, and go behind her back to do what she thinks she's old enough to do. Sure, she's got flaws. They all have flaws. The only reason people focus on Karina's are because they're afraid that the non-canon story will come true, and they won't get to be with Alice, or Leah, or Melody. Hers are highlighted because she "looks too young" or "acts too immature", when that's not a fair argument. She's done nothing worse than some of the things that anyone else has. If you don't like her, that's fine, but she shouldn't be treated like the only one who does anything wrong.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Did I or did I not say I find her character appealing? Go back through my posts in this thread if you want to know who I don't like.

And I'm sorry, somehow when you use phrases like "from the start" and "never did I find any reason to dislike her" I kind of assume you mean what you say, and are not referring specifically and only to the non-canon side story. My bad?

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Did I or did I not say I find her character appealing? Go back through my posts in this thread if you want to know who I don't like.

And I'm sorry, somehow when you use phrases like "from the start" and "never did I find any reason to dislike her" I kind of assume you mean what you say, and are not referring specifically and only to the non-canon side story. My bad?
You need to do some re-reading, yourself. From my initial post:

I'll admit, I'm biased because I liked Karina from the start. But that side story did not make me see her as a threat. Maybe that's because I understand the phrase "non-canon". But that did not make me think of her as a threat. If anything, it just showed what a potential ending with her could look like. But never did I see any reason to dislike her.

Is that not enough to clarify that I was speaking specifically about the side story? If not, I apologize. But even so, I clarified that in my previous post, and not in any hostile way. I simply said what I was talking about. I did not act as if that was something you should have known (though actually reading it should clue you in), nor did I imply that you don't find her character appealing (though your conspicuous exclusion of her name in your post about a foursome on the beach does raise a question or two). I'm not saying that you dislike Karina and that's why you're taking issue with what I had to say. Something which did not involve you in any way, yet you still decided to take your time and any opportunity to complain about Karina and her shortcomings. I'm just saying that I don't dislike her.
The closest I came in that post to saying anything about whether you specifically like her or not, was when I used the collective "you" when speaking about people disliking her for doing the same things that the others do. Sorry. I'll make sure not to use the collective "you" anymore, since you, specifically, seem to take such offense to it. Or maybe i just won't waste my time arguing a point that wasn't even intended for you. I'll just go and play the game. I guarantee it will be much more entertaining than this. Now, if you'll excuse me...

Sep 21, 2017
I am also up for some loli...not a hardcore loli just a tweeny-bit...I still like my favorite women: blonde, tall and big breasted:devilish:

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
IT'S OUT !!! <3 <3 <3
Yes, and though I can't wait for you all to try it, maybe... Everyone think about sending us a couple dollars for it before it leaks to the world?

Not saying you specifically leak it, but just in general. That note is for everyone.

In my real life I've lost my job twice in the last year and I'm still struggling to catch up... The extra money from people would go a lot farther than y'all might expect.

Either way, I love you guys for playing and supporting us however you do

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Yes, and though I can't wait for you all to try it, maybe... Everyone think about sending us a couple dollars for it before it leaks to the world?

Not saying you specifically leak it, but just in general. That note is for everyone.

In my real life I've lost my job twice in the last year and I'm still struggling to catch up... The extra money from people would go a lot farther than y'all might expect.

I'm gonna up my patronage this month. I don't know for how much time, but I promise to support you guys from now till the end of the times if I can.

Repuci

May 1, 2017

Of course, I can wait a bit, and will soon be able to support you and other creator

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017

I'm currently between jobs right now, and there are only few worse feelings around, especially when I've been freelo--mooching off of actual paying players for a game that I can't get enough of, and that I can't reach that level of excitement for any other game. But I've been promising myself that once I have some actual income again, that I will support you all before I do anything else. So, hopefully it won't be long for you, or for me to be able to send some money your way for this great game.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I'm currently between jobs right now, and there are only few worse feelings around, especially when I've been freelo--mooching off of actual paying players for a game that I can't get enough of, and that I can't reach that level of excitement for any other game. But I've been promising myself that once I have some actual income again, that I will support you all before I do anything else. So, hopefully it won't be long for you, or for me to be able to send some money your way for this great game.
Well in five days it'll be free to play, so don't feel obligated to send money if you're in a tight spot too.

The donations we receive are amazing, but I personally don't want anyone to feel like they have to donate, especially if it puts strain on them

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017

Sorry to hear about your situation. I just joined at the Acquaintance tier to grab the update. Thanks for the game, and hope things get better for you.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Well in five days it'll be free to play, so don't feel obligated to send money if you're in a tight spot too.

The donations we receive are amazing, but I personally don't want anyone to feel like they have to donate, especially if it puts strain on them
I've been wanting to donate for a while, and had been planning to do so before I became unemployed, and I definitely still want to, because I really feel like your game deserves it. Once I'm in a better financial position, it will happen, for sure.

Reactions: V.A. Laurie

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
I was referring to the side story, specifically.

But in the main game itself, let's talk about "extremely honest with MC and each other". Leah sent Karina to pose as MC's girlfriend as a prank, causing issues for literally everyone there (herself included). Then she expects him to do for her what she failed to do for him. Melody lies to his face about what she's getting all dressed up for (in her defense, she's not required to tell him, but that she lies about what it is, is the opposite of "extremely honest"). Alice is the only one who really hasn't lied to the other girls or the MC. None of them are saints. Even Karina herself has said that she just wants to be treated like an adult. Do the things that Leah does.

What has Karina done that's so wrong? Lied to try and get some booze at a party just like most 18 year-olds would? She sees someone she likes, and decides to try to move things forward with them? Sure, she's lying to her sister, but her sister lied to her, too. And their parents. They behave very much the same way, yet Leah still treats Karina like a child (when the game establishes that they're only a year apart), so Karina does the only thing she knows how to do: play into it, and go behind her back to do what she thinks she's old enough to do. Sure, she's got flaws. They all have flaws. The only reason people focus on Karina's are because they're afraid that the non-canon story will come true, and they won't get to be with Alice, or Leah, or Melody. Hers are highlighted because she "looks too young" or "acts too immature", when that's not a fair argument. She's done nothing worse than some of the things that anyone else has. If you don't like her, that's fine, but she shouldn't be treated like the only one who does anything wrong.
To be fair, I think most people's biggest problem with Karina is that she is forced on you. From the very beginning there was no option to turn her down. Even where there was a choice it still got overridden by the game.

Reactions: McWoodz

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
i put this out on twitter already, but i'll say it here too, because a lot more people talk about the game here.

there is an optional but very specific and unexpected fetish available for the player to choose in this update. If you're paying attention you will see this coming and you'll be able to avoid it... or go for it if you're into it.

But i made it entirely clear that it's coming and that you can avoid it so don't come in here complaining about it because if you get that scene, you chose to get that scene.

that is all.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
To be fair, I think most people's biggest problem with Karina is that she is forced on you. From the very beginning there was no option to turn her down. Even where there was a choice it still got overridden by the game.
The game is pretty much linear, all the girls are basically forced on you. I think people dislike her personality, or perhaps they viewed her as an obstacle for Leah or something.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
The game is pretty much linear, all the girls are basically forced on you. I think people dislike her personality, or perhaps they viewed her as an obstacle for Leah or something.
I can't say you are wrong for certain as I haven't really tried turning them down. I do know there are options for turning them down though.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
i put this out on twitter already, but i'll say it here too, because a lot more people talk about the game here.

there is an optional but very specific and unexpected fetish available for the player to choose in this update. If you're paying attention you will see this coming and you'll be able to avoid it... or go for it if you're into it.

But i made it entirely clear that it's coming and that you can avoid it so don't come in here complaining about it because if you get that scene, you chose to get that scene.

that is all.
Well this worries me, this isnt the dreaded NTR is it?

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes