Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I know Susan has her fans, but I don't know who is going to reject Alice.
I find Alice to be of the appealing sort, but were I forced to pick a single woman out of the entire game thus far, I'd choose Leah. Mel is trouble on a leash, and Karina feels like a jail sentence about to happen.

I'm certainly entertained by them, but on a personality scale, Leah is more my speed.

Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
I find Alice to be of the appealing sort, but were I forced to pick a single woman out of the entire game thus far, I'd choose Leah. Mel is trouble on a leash, and Karina feels like a jail sentence about to happen.

I'm certainly entertained by them, but on a personality scale, Leah is more my speed.
Leah isn't terrible. She can be really moody, though, and there was that one time when she was supposed to pretend to be MC's girlfriend for Hailey but instead dumped Karina on him. It was like she was channeling Mel when she did that.

I think people like Alice because she's wife material. She's not mean or spiteful, she's kind to everyone. Aside from any potential age issues with Karina, though that shouldn't actually be an issue since she's going to be attending college with the rest of the cast soon, she's probably second best wife material. She's a bit prudish still and kinda judgmental with her holier-than-thou attitude about some things, but MC and Alice seem to be breaking that shell down and bringing out more of a free spirit in her. I think that's probably why players really like Alice a lot, and perhaps why people are really liking Karina now, too.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Leah isn't terrible. She can be really moody, though, and there was that one time when she was supposed to pretend to be MC's girlfriend for Hailey but instead dumped Karina on him. It was like she was channeling Mel when she did that.

I think people like Alice because she's wife material. She's not mean or spiteful, she's kind to everyone. Aside from any potential age issues with Karina, though that shouldn't actually be an issue since she's going to be attending college with the rest of the cast soon, she's probably second best wife material. She's a bit prudish still and kinda judgmental with her holier-than-thou attitude about some things, but MC and Alice seem to be breaking that shell down and bringing out more of a free spirit in her. I think that's probably why players really like Alice a lot, and perhaps why people are really liking Karina now, too.
I wish we had an option to get back at Leah for that prank, drop Alice off at Leah's door, so much for confirming her parents she's not gay. I mean, it's fine to show you're a bigger man and still help her, it's probably what I would've done in real life, but Leah and Mel (and sometimes Karina) keep screwing with him and pranking him and we don't get a chance to retaliate. Even after the MC helped her and she seemed grateful and all, when Karina comes and takes MCs clothes, Leah does a lame job to stop her and is basically amused by the fact that MC would have to go home naked or in her clothes and doesn't think it's her fault in any way.

So yeah, I agree, people like Alice, because she's wife material. In a relationship trust is most important and frankly between Alice, Leah and Mel the only one I could completely trust and rely on is Alice.

Reactions: Ozel

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
edit: alice does give permission to sleep around, but she also said she didnt want to hear about it. i guess i interpreted that as meaning if she doesnt hear about it, she doesnt know for certain that its happening. unless mel walks out of the room naked with cum running down her leg.
the underlined and boldfaced text i quoted from you, well it simply means unfaithfulness.

To clear your confusion, here a few points:

1) This is answered specifically by Alice. She said straight out that she was fine with other women, as long as those specific women slept with her too. That's not a direct quote, but the gist of it.

2) In the last update, Melody wanted to be a girlfriend. From the beginning, she also point blank refused to sleep with women, claiming she's sexually straight.

3) Knowing this, and Alice's condition, my answer to Melody was I would have to speak with Alice before anything else, because what she wants is going against that one single condition, that Alice mentioned in the beginning.

I'll admit to outright ditching Melody if I have to, if she doesn't agree to Alice's condition. With Alice, I know I have her, and can include other girls if I wanted to. Like hell I'm gonna break a sweet situation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: User4862 and Ozel

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
the underlined and boldfaced text i quoted from you, well it simply means unfaithfulness.

1) This is answered specifically by Alice. She said straight out that she was fine with other women, as long as those specific women slept with her too. That's not a direct quote, but the gist of it.

2) In the last update, Melody wanted to be a girlfriend. From the beginning, she also point blank refused to sleep with women, claiming she's sexually straight.

3) Knowing this, and Alice's condition, my answer to Melody was I would have to speak with Alice before anything else, because what she wants is going against that one single condition, that Alice mentioned in the beginning.

I'll admit to outright ditching Melody if I have to, if she doesn't agree to Alice's condition. With Alice, I know I have her, and can include other girls if I wanted to. Like hell I'm gonna break a sweet situation.
I think I understood what Alice said a bit differently. I specifically loaded and replayed two scenes you might be referring to. I don't think she ever mentions she needs MC's other women to be willing to sleep with her.

In the first talk about other girls, which was between their first kiss and first sex, she said three things - first, that she's ok with MC doing whatever he wants with whover he wants; second - that her only condition is to not tell her about other relationships unless she asks; and third - that it felt differently to her when he hooked up with Leah when she knew about it and when she didn't. This sounded to me like if it's the person they're both hooking up with, she wants to participate in at least some way.

The second (and I think most important) scene is accepting Alice as MC's girlfriend. And the condition Alice gives to accepting other girls as MC's girlfriends is "They need to be ok with me being in the picture. You do understand what polyamory is, right?". Being in the picture sounds a little vague, but doesn't mean at all to me that she wants to hook up with the same girls. I understand it as other girlfriends need to be ok with Alice being MC's girlfriend. Because that's definition of polyamory. Everyone in the group has to be ok with others having relationships. I admit, I had to read some more about polyamory to be sure to understand Alice's condition, but from what I got, not every member of polyamorous relationship has to be involved with every other member.

So, coming from how I understand Alice's conditions, I don't think accepting Mel as a gf goes against it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozel and User4862

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
I think I understood what Alice said a bit differently. I specifically loaded and replayed two scenes you might be referring to. I don't think she ever mentions she needs MC's other women to be willing to sleep with her.

In the first talk about other girls, which was between their first kiss and first sex, she said three things - first, that she's ok with MC doing whatever he wants with whover he wants; second - that her only condition is to not tell her about other relationships unless she asks; and third - that it felt differently to her when he hooked up with Leah when she knew about it and when she didn't. This sounded to me like if it's the person they're both hooking up with, she wants to participate in at least some way.

The second (and I think most important) scene is accepting Alice as MC's girlfriend. And the condition Alice gives to accepting other girls as MC's girlfriends is "They need to be ok with me being in the picture. You do understand what polyamory is, right?". Being in the picture sounds a little vague, but doesn't mean at all to me that she wants to hook up with the same girls. I understand it as other girlfriends need to be ok with Alice being MC's girlfriend. Because that's definition of polyamory. Everyone in the group has to be ok with others having relationships. I admit, I had to read some more about polyamory to be sure to understand Alice's condition, but from what I got, not every member of polyamorous relationship has to be involved with every other member.

So, coming from how I understand Alice's conditions, I don't think accepting Mel as a gf goes against it.
Alice and MC were talking about this at the time that they were talking about Leah too. Remember, Alice and Leah had sex first, before Alice and MC hooked up.

Remember the house party where Leah, Alice and MC played truth or dare on the couch.

Remember how Alice became drunk and slept early.

Remember how Leah ended up naked, straddling your lap, and rubbing herself against you.

Remember the morning after where Alice asks MC if he had sex with Leah, because Leah was rather loud, and she heard the noises.

That is where the MC apologized to Alice, for making out with Leah. Alice says she was ok with it.

Remember MC meeting Karina at the park, and after that Alice and MC talking.

Remember Leah mentioning Alice's rule to MC, when she was commenting on how Melody can be part of them if she doesn't meet Alice's condition.

Not gonna go through a whole game just so I can provide you with specifics. I remember what I remember.

Polyamory? What's that? Don't let dictionaries define relationships for you. If Alice wants to define her own kind of relationship, then she damned well can - your definitions not withstanding, it's her choice, and you can live with it or not.

If you wanted Melody more, you'd dump Alice and the rest. It's your choice. Polyamory doesn't come into play here. It's choices that matter, and their consequences.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
At the end of the update prior to this one, MC and Mel fucked while the power was out. Everyone knew what they were doing, if memory serves. Mel was quite loud and there was no TV or anything to drown out her moaning and such, if even that would've done it. I don't remember Alice or Leah throwing a fit about it. Pretty sure she's okay with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Alice knew MC was fucking Mel before the trip, and never had any problem with it.

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017

It seems to me that she did say that she would be okay with the fact that he sleeps with other women, but on the other hand, she said that she didn't want to know the details, not the fact that she has to sleep with them too.

I don't have the scene in my head anymore, but it seems to me that's it (from memory).

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Alice and MC were talking about this at the time that they were talking about Leah too. Remember, Alice and Leah had sex first, before Alice and MC hooked up.

Remember the house party where Leah, Alice and MC played truth or dare on the couch.

Remember how Alice became drunk and slept early.

Remember how Leah ended up naked, straddling your lap, and rubbing herself against you.

Remember the morning after where Alice asks MC if he had sex with Leah, because Leah was rather loud, and she heard the noises.

That is where the MC apologized to Alice, for making out with Leah. Alice says she was ok with it.

Remember MC meeting Karina at the park, and after that Alice and MC talking.

Remember Leah mentioning Alice's rule to MC, when she was commenting on how Melody can be part of them if she doesn't meet Alice's condition.

Not gonna go through a whole game just so I can provide you with specifics. I remember what I remember.

Polyamory? What's that? Don't let dictionaries define relationships for you. If Alice wants to define her own kind of relationship, then she damned well can - your definitions not withstanding, it's her choice, and you can live with it or not.

If you wanted Melody more, you'd dump Alice and the rest. It's your choice. Polyamory doesn't come into play here. It's choices that matter, and their consequences.
Well, none of those scenes mention that someone's not ok with something. Specifically Alice not being ok with anything MC does. It's often heavily implied or outright stated, that everyone in the group is ok with the situation. Specifically that scene with Karina in the park, where she says she overheard Alice, Leah and Mel talking about their relationships with MC and everyone being happy with how things were.

And concerning defintions - well, It was Alice who used that term to define the relationship, so why not use it? Also, everything she says, every condition she makes that I mentioned before - it perfectly corresponds to that very definition, so it's there for a reason. Characters in this kind of games are more direct and simple (in a good way) than people in real life. When they say something, they mean it.

I agree the choices matter, but I'm saying so far the game doesn't even allow us to exclude certain girls from relationship, only to change their degree of involvement, because as it was mentioned before, it's a story-driven game, devs are telling a story, and right now it's basically a story about a relationship of 4 core characters.

User4862

May 26, 2019
Specifically that scene with Karina in the park, where she says she overheard Alice, Leah and Mel talking about their relationships with MC and everyone being happy with how things were.
its that very scene that made me wonder, because the way its written, it didnt seem like everyone was happy with how things were. i couldnt remember what was said, but rather the impression it left, so i looked it up to verify it for myself. well, heres some shots:

Untitled-1.png

it certainly doesnt say theyre unhappy, but to me it seems like there is some reluctance. maybe how things were at that time wouldnt have been their first choice. as far as karina saying its almost like a game, she is naive and maybe she couldnt properly read the context.

maybe im getting different dialogue though, because i think ive been straying from the harem route. im sure there will be, and probably have been, differences in the story and characters based around which ending one goes for.

Characters in this kind of games are more direct and simple (in a good way) than people in real life. When they say something, they mean it.

I agree the choices matter, but I'm saying so far the game doesn't even allow us to exclude certain girls from relationship, only to change their degree of involvement, because as it was mentioned before, it's a story-driven game, devs are telling a story, and right now it's basically a story about a relationship of 4 core characters.
youre right about that. conclusion: im totally overthinking this shit.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
its that very scene that made me wonder, because the way its written, it didnt seem like everyone was happy with how things were. i couldnt remember what was said, but rather the impression it left, so i looked it up to verify it for myself. well, heres some shots:

View attachment 494818

it certainly doesnt say theyre unhappy, but to me it seems like there is some reluctance. maybe how things were at that time wouldnt have been their first choice. as far as karina saying its almost like a game, she is naive and maybe she couldnt properly read the context.

maybe im getting different dialogue though, because i think ive been straying from the harem route. im sure there will be, and probably have been, differences in the story and characters based around which ending one goes for.

youre right about that. conclusion: im totally overthinking this shit.
That dialogue looks the same as I got on what you'd call the harem path, although to be precise, since this dialogue is before even any choices like accepting girls as gf, I don't think it differs on any path.
And I think after that choices their vision of the relationship might change, and I hope change for the better, since girls that we accepted as GFs would feel more secure.

And you're right) I'm overthinking this too. But this game does have a rather good portrayal of relationships, that makes me want to discuss and overthink it.

Reactions: User4862

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Sorry didn't make myself clear. The point is this. MC can have sex with anyone. If his sex friends want to become official girl friends, that's where Alice's condition starts. I know and remember this because I liked Melody from the start. I knew that if there was to be a harem in this game, I'd want Melody to be part of it. After Alice, Melody is my second choice.

So there is a point in the story where Alice states, that yes, sex is okay; but if they want to become official girlfriends, then there was one condition. Leah mentioned that condition. So I was happy with having sex with just about every female, and I was also dreading the time when Melody would want to be called a girlfriend. She already clearly said, if by accident, that she loves MC, a few updates ago. So you know it's only a matter of time before she asks to be your GF.

And that's the conflict right there. But really, I hope I'm wrong. Like I said, Alice and Melody were my first choices. I'd sacrifice the rest to keep both of them. But if my memory is right, then I hope there's a way to bend Melody enough that she'd agree to do bisexual things with Alice. And threesomes, of course.

Reactions: look_skywalker

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Sorry didn't make myself clear. The point is this. MC can have sex with anyone. If his sex friends want to become official girl friends, that's where Alice's condition starts. I know and remember this because I liked Melody from the start. I knew that if there was to be a harem in this game, I'd want Melody to be part of it. After Alice, Melody is my second choice.

So there is a point in the story where Alice states, that yes, sex is okay; but if they want to become official girlfriends, then there was one condition. Leah mentioned that condition. So I was happy with having sex with just about every female, and I was also dreading the time when Melody would want to be called a girlfriend. She already clearly said, if by accident, that she loves MC, a few updates ago. So you know it's only a matter of time before she asks to be your GF.

And that's the conflict right there. But really, I hope I'm wrong. Like I said, Alice and Melody were my first choices. I'd sacrifice the rest to keep both of them. But if my memory is right, then I hope there's a way to bend Melody enough that she'd agree to do bisexual things with Alice. And threesomes, of course.
I hope so too. Melody's very adventurous sexually, so one day she may agree to something like that. Or maybe I'm right with my interpretation of the situation and Alice will be ok with Melody the way she is - that remains to be seen, since after a chance to accept both Alice and Melody as GFs there was no talk of relationships that would help understand better what Alice thinks.
And I agree, Melody's great. Probably also my second choice. That scene with her where she accidentally drops the l-bomb on the MC and the scene where he can tell her he loves her too are some of the most emotional and touching scenes in the game.

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Then we agree to just eat roast pig and some turkey. Meant no offense if your religion doesn't allow you to kill/eat either/or. Anyways. Merry Christmas.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes