bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
wait what happened to aunt Hailey, why isn't she a part of the group and why isn't there an ending for her as well
Never had been part of the group. You can see it clearly when she was absent from the beach weekend scene. This scene shows you the polylove relationship working, on the open, everyone knowing it, everyone accepting it, and she was not in. She was not a part of the group, but a friend of the group

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
I'm almost sad with that abrupt kind of ending... I've never expected a never ending story, but come on, don't do that to me, that hard choice coming out the blue... All the characters were so well written and charismatic to have this poor further developement.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm almost sad with that abrupt kind of ending... I've never expected a never ending story, but come on, don't do that to me, that hard choice coming out the blue... All the characters were so well written and charismatic to have this poor further developement.
It's not finished.

D

Deleted member 1481465

This won't end well. It's too abrupt to end well. No matter what devs say about wanting to do right by the fans - the storyline is already borked by what happened in this update. It'll feel rushed no matter what you do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Nah mate, go ahead and enjoy the next update. I'm not indulging this argument. You know exactly what I'm talking about and this is as far as it goes.
I don't know, there isn't a single plotline going on that was broken, there was barely an overarching plot at all.

It was a guy meeting girls and fucking them. It had lots of little stories but they were all wrapped up.

There was no argument. I asked you a question you gave a non answer to. It may be an abrupt ending to some but absolutely nothing was broken.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Wow, I am at a total loss after playing this update. The game is ending, already? I can't believe it. I never got to take Karina's virginity because I couldn't say no to the accidental first "I love you" scene from Melody! Dammit, I thought we'd have an ability to do that later. And we never got a much hinted at threesome scene with Alice and Karina!

What gives? Why end it here?

From just the parts I mention above there is alot of story left to be told and it seems like both the dev and writer were having fun. I know the project is a joint collaboration between FF Creations (Dev) and V.A. Laurie (Writer). Did they have a split? Was one wanting to move on to a different project? If so which one/why? Was this always the plan to end it like this? It seems a little too rushed for this to be a natural ending point(s).

I am just sad as this is literally my number 1 adult game.
And also, i'm with majority of people, Aunt Hailey needs to get added to the harem ending.

Reactions: jackwhite6

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
That doesn't answer shit, what part of the storyline is broken?

You say it's changed but not how the story is broken.

What plotline has this change broken?
OK Avaron. I'll jump in here. I will probably regret it, but maybe I can help you see what we are seeing.

I'm sure you have played the game through. What I can say is that the last update is a major departure from the story. I knew the game was coming to an end. I was expecting it too. But throughout the game, you feel a natural procession from the beginning to the end of the next to last update. It had a natural feel or flow to it. Which is why the game became so popular.

But the last update was such a major departure from the way the story has been told all along, you could consider it as an analogy to walking down a long hallway with lots of nice pictures and statues, etc., then all of a sudden a large steel door slams down 3 inches from your nose.

That is what has most of the complainers griping about. It is not that the game is ending, but it is the way it is ending. It feels that the ending was planned in less than a couple days. It just doesn't mesh with the rest of the story. I mean, they could have taken the ending as a rough blueprint and made a couple more updates out of it. Look back a few pages, at a post I wrote about it.

I have seen a few posts that suggested the dev was tired of this game and wanted to end it as quickly as possible. From the story progression they could be right.

The last update was just too abrupt.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
OK Avaron. I'll jump in here. I will probably regret it, but maybe I can help you see what we are seeing.

I'm sure you have played the game through. What I can say is that the last update is a major departure from the story. I knew the game was coming to an end. I was expecting it too. But throughout the game, you feel a natural procession from the beginning to the end of the next to last update. It had a natural feel or flow to it. Which is why the game became so popular.

But the last update was such a major departure from the way the story has been told all along, you could consider it as an analogy to walking down a long hallway with lots of nice pictures and statues, etc., then all of a sudden a large steel door slams down 3 inches from your nose.

That is what has most of the complainers griping about. It is not that the game is ending, but it is the way it is ending. It feels that the ending was planned in less than a couple days. It just doesn't mesh with the rest of the story. I mean, they could have taken the ending as a rough blueprint and made a couple more updates out of it. Look back a few pages, at a post I wrote about it.

I have seen a few posts that suggested the dev was tired of this game and wanted to end it as quickly as possible. From the story progression they could be right.

The last update was just too abrupt.
You misunderstand me hunni, I totally get why some people are upset and I do see where they are coming from.

I also totally agree it is an abrupt ending. Sure, some of us saw an ending coming but I agree I thought it would be a longer process.

My problem with the person I questioned was them saying it broke the story. No plot was broken there.

Fully agree with those saying it's abrupt and gives off a rushed feel, get that, no arguments from me. Do not see how any plot was broke though.

I can see a couple of holes left by Susans recent pop in and the aunt build but they were never included in group stuff and all story points were closed off with the parents coming home. Even their story isn't broke it's just there with a bit of exposition during the phone call as to what happened after the house sale.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
You misunderstand me hunni, I totally get why some people are upset and I do see where they are coming from.

I also totally agree it is an abrupt ending. Sure, some of us saw an ending coming but I agree I thought it would be a longer process.

My problem with the person I questioned was them saying it broke the story. No plot was broken there.

Fully agree with those saying it's abrupt and gives off a rushed feel, get that, no arguments from me. Do not see how any plot was broke though.

I can see a couple of holes left by Susans recent pop in and the aunt build but they were never included in group stuff and all story points were closed off with the parents coming home. Even their story isn't broke it's just there with a bit of exposition during the phone call as to what happened after the house sale.
Hmm... I just backtracked and saw the argument. Of course I agree with you that no plot was broken, but I kind of have to agree that the story itself was broken. Of course I said the story was broken too, but in a very different way. It was probably just semantics. I'm going to drop it now.

Reactions: L30 and Avaron1974

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Just played through the 0.26 update after not having touched it since 0.24 - what a punch in the gut. All that buildup, all that natural progression, all the time spent getting invested into the characters - just to have the developer sprint to the finish-line and totally destroy it all with an A.B.C.D.E. ending choice so he can wash his hands of it and move on. On the one hand - at least he tried to finish it. On the other hand, the latest update was so jarring and non-commital that I almost wish he would have abandoned it instead since he obviously has lost interest in it.

I have to wonder whether any of these VN devs actually play any others. They should be required to play through Sisterly Lust, the original Lab Rats, and Snow Daze, so they can properly learn how to develop, and most importantly END, a story. It all feels kind of insulting really, and pretty damned sad when they pull the "I'm done but here you go" card. :(

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Just played through the 0.26 update after not having touched it since 0.24 - what a punch in the gut. All that buildup, all that natural progression, all the time spent getting invested into the characters - just to have the developer sprint to the finish-line and totally destroy it all with an A.B.C.D.E. ending choice so he can wash his hands of it and move on. On the one hand - at least he tried to finish it. On the other hand, the latest update was so jarring and non-commital that I almost wish he would have abandoned it instead since he obviously has lost interest in it.

I have to wonder whether any of these VN devs actually play any others. They should be required to play through Sisterly Lust, the original Lab Rats, and Snow Daze, so they can properly learn how to develop, and most importantly END, a story. It all feels kind of insulting really, and pretty damned sad when they pull the "I'm done but here you go" card. :(
It's not finished; if you read a couple of posts before yours, you'll see one of the devs explain about how much longer is planned for development. :)

Reactions: _Azrael_

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
It's not finished; if you read a couple of posts before yours, you'll see one of the devs explain about how much longer is planned for development. :)
People aren't stupid, they know there's still some dev time left, but they aren't liking how the ramp up to the final scenes played out. The story is all but done, a single chapter split x ways to wrap up everything in a way that feels consistent with the narrative so far? Good luck. Hope they nail it.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes