Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
To be clear, I have no problem with Leah wanting to be exclusive, or wanting to go off and start her new life. What I have a problem with is that there is no way, after how she handled things, that she and the MC should end up together. When going through an ending of a VN like this, I expect that at the very end, I will think that it's a good thing that the MC and the girl ended up together. In this case, knowing that they were going to end up together (since this was the "Leah" ending), as the ending unfolded all I could think of was "get out, get out, you are going to be miserable together." If the MC was my friend I would have been begging him to let her go and move on.

Honestly, this ending would have worked better if, when Leah heads off to Vancouver, the MC realizes what a bullet he just dodged and turns to one of the other, far better girls instead, and it turns out that it's not Leah's ending but the other girl's ending instead.

Leah (and characters like her (the sarcastic bitch with a vulnerable heart inside) in other VNs) are always problematic - generally the game creator writes all this sarcastic dialogue thinking that it is the funniest thing ever (it isn't), but that is all the character is about, and it becomes impossible to understand why the MC would spend any time with her at all (except that she's hot and apparently that's all it takes). I have female friends who can be sarcastic and that's great in reasonable doses, but if every word that came out of their mouths was a bitter sarcastic putdown or an angry remark, we wouldn't be friends, much less end up together romantically, no matter what they looked like.

Completely agree. I have this issue with WTHI and Katie. sure cute but you'd lose interest in that bull fast.

SuperLYC

Mar 28, 2020
Just one thought, since each ending will take two chapters or even more, why don't we just continue the story from 0.25 or 0.26, sending the father to hell and openning new storyline having harem fun for like 8 or 9 more chapters?

No one doesn't want harem ending right?

Life is hard, and we all want to live in a beautiful dream that FF offers, harem especially Realistic rules or life suggestions are NOT what we need now
I really like your spirit. Always be nice and see good sides of things. I will try to do that too. (Though a little disappointed to the abrupt ending, I will never hate it. If such a small issue turns love into hatred , I myself must be a real jerk)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Walkeree

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Going through Leah's ending, and boy oh boy that was pretty bad. Things happened randomly, dialogue felt forced, and things just felt completely out of place. I don't know what happened to the dev, but it feels like they ran out of idea and didn't know how they want to end the game. The ending felt completely waaaaay different than the rest of the game. That was very disappointing.
Not mention there where more spelling mistakes and typos in that ending than the rest of the game combined.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Weird. I'm getting an exception while loading any previous saves:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ver27.rpy", line 4, in script
f neutral "The girl you worked with?"
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'neutral',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

I erased everything and start all over and still get the same exception but this time at the end of ver26.rpy.:

While running game code:
File "game/ver26.rpy", line 24, in script
f neutral "[name]. Good to see you."
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'neutral',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.
EDIT:

Found the culprit, it's the transparent text mod that removes the text box. Seems that previous chapters do not have any issue with the mod but starting with latest chapters, it always create an exception.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hugh G. Rection

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Once again, I don't get the amount of people upset with Leah ending. Even though like most of people here I'm waiting for Alice, Harem and Melody endings the most, I still found Leah ending very good. Their relationship with MC was never an easy one and Alice was the glue of that relationship for a long time. What I saw in this ending was a very probable outcome and I'm glad it finished on a positive note. That being said, I do hope that Alice and Melody endings will have a lighter mood.
Leah is probably my 2nd favourite girl, but that was just shit. And far more trouble than it should have been even with difficulty.
I think it should have been a lot shorter
Instead of telling him a week before she should have told him as soon as she knew.
A week before he could have decided fuck it, i'm moving up there.
The breaking his heart, him taking months to get over it, only for her to come back and re-iginte it all was unnecessary.
Alternatively he should have been a lot more pissed off when he find out she was moving leading him on and ended it. A lot more pissed off. Really a few "what the fucks" and then some angry sex and back to being fawning bitch for her?

Considering this game was in my top 5 most eagerly awaited update, i'm very disappointed in this update and ending.

Last edited:

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
xtr3mx7 I've been getting exception errors even with the previous version of the game, restarting the game and then reloading an earlier save was the only way I found to 'fix' it.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Well, that one user who asked was not the only one who liked it. The ending is perfectly in sync with Leah's strong, sometimes intimidating, but otherwise soft and even insecure personality. It takes her a while to make up her mind what she wants, and overthinks. You cannot expect a unicorn rainbow farts and roses ending with her.

The update even had me in reasonable doubts if I scored enough points with her to see a good end with her, or if I will get a bad end. Leah made me wait and work for it, but hey, even Bannertail, the Gray Squirrel had to ask his gf three times before she wanted to "marry" him. :ROFLMAO:

Puschel das Eichhorn.jpg

I am wondering though if Leah will get that job and move to Canada in all the endings (save for Harem maybe).

Reactions: ILCjr

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
To be clear, I have no problem with Leah wanting to be exclusive, or wanting to go off and start her new life. What I have a problem with is that there is no way, after how she handled things, that she and the MC should end up together. When going through an ending of a VN like this, I expect that at the very end, I will think that it's a good thing that the MC and the girl ended up together. In this case, knowing that they were going to end up together (since this was the "Leah" ending), as the ending unfolded all I could think of was "get out, get out, you are going to be miserable together." If the MC was my friend I would have been begging him to let her go and move on.

Honestly, this ending would have worked better if, when Leah heads off to Vancouver, the MC realizes what a bullet he just dodged and turns to one of the other, far better girls instead, and it turns out that it's not Leah's ending but the other girl's ending instead.

Leah (and characters like her (the sarcastic bitch with a vulnerable heart inside) in other VNs) are always problematic - generally the game creator writes all this sarcastic dialogue thinking that it is the funniest thing ever (it isn't), but that is all the character is about, and it becomes impossible to understand why the MC would spend any time with her at all (except that she's hot and apparently that's all it takes). I have female friends who can be sarcastic and that's great in reasonable doses, but if every word that came out of their mouths was a bitter sarcastic putdown or an angry remark, we wouldn't be friends, much less end up together romantically, no matter what they looked like.
Agree 100% with this observation of Leah's character... that said it confuses me why Leah is seen like this (she wasnt always), and not someone like Melody who also seems like a chore to be with ? Also this is not just directed at you hcguy , to most of Melody's fans that also hate Leah...

Honestly one of my favorite moments in this fantastic game (minus the last two updates) was during the sex scene where the MC gets to slap Melody in the face after he verbally reprimanded her for being tone-deaf as fuck...

If Leah is the "hard bitch with a vulnerable side", than Melody is the "Afraid to get serious girl that brushes stuff off with jokes". While i ended up liking both girls in the end (far behind Alice and even Hailey though), they are tied for me... they both did stupid shit to the MC that could have cost them their friendship... Leah tried to NTR the MC in the first couple of updates still she got dicked and mellowed out... Melody has a big mouth that put the MC into dumb predicaments multiple times.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Once again, I don't get the amount of people upset with Leah ending.
Leah's ending did a good job in the wrong way, and this comes form a girl that loves Leah.

Sure it's a great read for some of us but I think most were expecting it to start where this ended and then show the happy ever after rather than end on the start of a happy ever after if that makes sense?

Basically show them build a life together.

While I did enjoy this I can't say I wasn't looking forward to maybe a bit of a time skip and a wedding. I do so love weddings in VN endings.

In a lot of Japanese date sim games they usually have a bit in the ending that shows them married with kids a few years down the line or at least building to that so you know it all worked out.

While this did end on a happy note it was just them starting out and we'll never know if it was their happy ever after.

It works and I like it but it's only partial closure. Knowing they were still together years down the line would have been the cherry on the bakewell tart.

I'll take it though and she did look gorgeous in this update, especially in the dress.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Well, that one user who asked was not the only one who liked it. The ending is perfectly in sync with Leah's strong, sometimes intimidating, but otherwise soft and even insecure personality. It takes her a while to make up her mind what she wants, and overthinks. You cannot expect a unicorn rainbow farts and roses ending with her.
Oh, I don't disagree that her behavior during the ending was completely in line with her personality. I am questioning why the MC decides to end up with her given that personality. She was getting on my nerves throughout the game, and essentially showed no change or growth away from that annoying personality, so I would preferred to have the MC say "see ya" at the end.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Agree 100% with this observation of Leah's character... that said it confuses me why Leah is seen like this (she wasnt always), and not someone like Melody who also seems like a chore to be with ?
I agree that Melody also was annoying and probably not the best choice to end up with, but she at least was fun at times.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh, I don't disagree that her behavior during the ending was completely in line with her personality. I am questioning why the MC decides to end up with her given that personality. She was getting on my nerves throughout the game, and essentially showed no change or growth away from that annoying personality, so I would preferred to have the MC say "see ya" at the end.
He does on all the other endings.

The ending specifically for Leah wasn't going to end with him breaking up with her, was it?

This ending was for people that liked Leah and wanted to see her ending, not for those that hated her .... that's just common sense.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
While I did enjoy this I can't say I wasn't looking forward to maybe a bit of a time skip and a wedding. I do so love weddings in VN endings.
Well, I can agree with that. I was kinda expecting something more than just one picture and one line of text after all the build-up this ending gave us. Some sort of glimpse into their happily ever after. But it's still a good ending, though slightly abrupt.

But from what I've seen people dislike Leah ending because Leah is being Leah and that doesn't make sense to me. Like I said, the ending is in line with her personality, and people have problem with that. I guess these are mostly people who didn't want Leah ending in the first place.

Ggwpnubb

May 18, 2020
here is my unofficial android port of Freeloading Family v0.27.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you can toggle the slightly modified incest patch by clicking the game title in the main menu.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Thanks dude!

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes