botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This has been one of my favourite games here for so long. At first solely for Alice, because I loved her personality and character model, but later on I began to appreciate all of the main girls, including Katrina and Hailey.
I think I've written something similar after the last update, but I gotta say, what they are doing right now, it feels like they are doing their own work a disrespect.

It's rushed, it feels disconnected, I mean, if we decided to, we go literally from doing everything to make Hailey feel better, to completely cutting her out of our lives.

Ideally this game should have an ending for not only each single girl, but also for several combos AND the harem ending, but of course the chances of that ever happening were ridiculously low to begin with, but the team always seemed so fixated on giving us great content, that you can't help feeling disappointed in what is happening now.

I'm not happy with the way we get to the endings, I'm not happy with what we got so far as endings.

Personal situation withstanding (and I feel for VA and the circumstances are terrible), please don't let this game end on a bad note.

I personally would rather wait as long as it takes, to then get the great endings this game deserves, than have endings not worthy of this fine VN.

It's really distressing, tbh.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
This has been one of my favourite games here for so long. At first solely for Alice, because I loved her personality and character model, but later on I began to appreciate all of the main girls, including Katrina and Hailey.
I think I've written something similar after the last update, but I gotta say, what they are doing right now, it feels like they are doing their own work a disrespect.

It's rushed, it feels disconnected, I mean, if we decided to, we go literally from doing everything to make Hailey feel better, to completely cutting her out of our lives.

Ideally this game should have an ending for not only each single girl, but also for several combos AND the harem ending, but of course the chances of that ever happening were ridiculously low to begin with, but the team always seemed so fixated on giving us great content, that you can't help feeling disappointed in what is happening now.

I'm not happy with the way we get to the endings, I'm not happy with what we got so far as endings.

Personal situation withstanding (and I feel for VA and the circumstances are terrible), please don't let this game end on a bad note.

I personally would rather wait as long as it takes, to then get the great endings this game deserves, than have endings not worthy of this fine VN.

It's really distressing, tbh.
Yeah having it end on single girls, instead of combinations of them, with an exception for Alice maybe, might not really fit the game as such. Or it might be me wanting to have my cake and eat it, which does not fit the vision of the devs. Then again I do kinda feel your point on that.

Reactions: botc76 and Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well...that was pretty brutal for a while...can see why some didn't like it. Having been in a very similar situation once, yeah...sucky....

However, at least it ended on a good note. Thanks for that. Look forward to the rest of the endings.

Reactions: TakashiYuu

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
The Leah ending was mostly an exercise in frustration. It doesn't have me eagerly anticipating the other endings even though it ended on a more positive note. It was like the longest most frustrating segment near the end of a romantic comedy. Too formulaic and too mind numbing. I'll probably wait until the rest of the endings are complete before I download another update. Since the dev says they won't be carbon copies of each other there is hope that some of them might be better.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I guess let's just chalk that one down to getting the "bad ending" out of the way and hope the rest are good? Maybe Leah will find her redemption in the Harem ending; but, yeah not much of a character arc if her character's heart starts in ice and ends in ice. The gradual changes in her character development we've seen over these many months amount to jack squat, it seems.
How does it end in ice if you end up with her in Vancouver? Sure, sucky trip to get there, but you do get the girl in the end.

Reactions: PPE2RedDucks

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
its hard to believe that this game only has one ending after all this time .. and Leah at that .. and the Dev decided to make her ... not want the MC , sorry i felt as tho , every girl would want to settle down with the MC ... kinda stupid making them say they all love MC but only to make them leave MC in the end .. ok well making 1 leave him so far .. gives me the feeling that the Dev will make them all do the same thing ... which doesn't make sense since they all love MC so much .. its like teasing a little kid in a candy store by holding a piece of candy just out of his reach .. and saying ok lets leave ...
i kinda thought that MC would end up with his sister seeing how they made promises to each other , but hey you make the game and we play it .. willing to wait to see hopefully a few better endings ... jmo .. so don't get to upset with me for telling what i see is the truth .

taler

Oct 5, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Freeloading Family v0.27.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you can toggle the slightly modified incest patch by clicking the game title in the main menu.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Can you include the gallery in the port please? It's really helpful to understand your progress through the game.

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
Have to say, I've been following this game for a good while and have enjoyed it thus far. That said, the end with Leah leant towards the horrendous. I had flashbacks from an old relationship with the whole 'I love you but I'm going to cut your heart out and fuck off anyway". It was draining moving through that storyline to be perfectly honest. As for the ending, it was about as 'meh' as you could get.

All I can really say about this, is that I'm glad that Leah wasn't amongst my faves because it would have been more of a kick in the nads that it already was.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
i dont get where all the bad endings come from...why not give them a harem happy ending....if this stays drama, the most people wouldn´t like a bad or drama ending....actually i dont understand why the game goes a positiv way only to end in drama?! where is there the fun and entertainment...or shouldn´t it entertain us?? what ever dont take to heart...i dont have to download it and let the ending open...better than frustrate myself ---thanks for your work and if there comes a good end, we will see us again if not ,not...

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
When Leah first appeared in this game I was very annoyed by her but soon she grew on me and I started to like her. Really looked forward to her ending since character arcs like that feel very satisfying. But halfway through this update I didnt want anything to do with her just like in the beggining of this game. And ending itself doesnt fix that. Very sad to go full circle like that.:(

And the whole talking over ending routes with Dad over video chat thing is such a stupid idea. How can anyone even think it was a good idea?

Last edited:

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Wait - all you guys saying your MC got frustrated/depressed/furious/weepy/devastated that Leah left him hanging after all that "work" buttering her up ....

You didn't choose the "get Leah's name and a heart tattooed on your dick" option?! That's the way to unlock her trust and undying affection, so that your MC and L live happily ever after. ...

Sorry, should have Spoilered (perhaps).

~ Okay, to be serious. It's good, I think, if one of the girls puts her foot down and shows some ... well, not balls (could be scary), but grit, guts, determination. And as far as the MC goes - they can't all be winners, I guess. Take it on the jaw, man, if Leah changes her (own) mind, maybe one of the others will accept him in the end. More fish in the sea, etc.

~ ~ And then, there's always the harem option with dad and Rosti, if all else fails and he bungles every sweet-talking chance & gets left high and dry by all the girls. ...

1 Lone Wolf

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for this update. I truly love this game since the beginning and have been looking for the update to see what happens next.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Just finished the Leah ending. Damn, that seems depressing. I love this game since, but ever since the dad got back and the endings are introduced along with the time skip and all, it felt so rushed. the flow of the story for me isn't there. It's like watching Game of thrones with their last season.
I was talking to another dev in DM the other day and I told him I thought his endings of his first game were like he just got tired of doing it and decided to throw a few endings together and call it good. He admitted I was right. Maybe that's what happened here. I agree with everything you said about this.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes