hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
To be clear, I have no problem with Leah wanting to be exclusive, or wanting to go off and start her new life. What I have a problem with is that there is no way, after how she handled things, that she and the MC should end up together. When going through an ending of a VN like this, I expect that at the very end, I will think that it's a good thing that the MC and the girl ended up together. In this case, knowing that they were going to end up together (since this was the "Leah" ending), as the ending unfolded all I could think of was "get out, get out, you are going to be miserable together." If the MC was my friend I would have been begging him to let her go and move on.

Honestly, this ending would have worked better if, when Leah heads off to Vancouver, the MC realizes what a bullet he just dodged and turns to one of the other, far better girls instead, and it turns out that it's not Leah's ending but the other girl's ending instead.

Leah (and characters like her (the sarcastic bitch with a vulnerable heart inside) in other VNs) are always problematic - generally the game creator writes all this sarcastic dialogue thinking that it is the funniest thing ever (it isn't), but that is all the character is about, and it becomes impossible to understand why the MC would spend any time with her at all (except that she's hot and apparently that's all it takes). I have female friends who can be sarcastic and that's great in reasonable doses, but if every word that came out of their mouths was a bitter sarcastic putdown or an angry remark, we wouldn't be friends, much less end up together romantically, no matter what they looked like.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Once again, I don't get the amount of people upset with Leah ending. Even though like most of people here I'm waiting for Alice, Harem and Melody endings the most, I still found Leah ending very good. Their relationship with MC was never an easy one and Alice was the glue of that relationship for a long time. What I saw in this ending was a very probable outcome and I'm glad it finished on a positive note. That being said, I do hope that Alice and Melody endings will have a lighter mood.

mistkae

Oct 23, 2017
Yeah, I take back what I said earlier. Leah's ending wasn't that bad, but it did feel a little unfinished right at the end there. I think most of us would've liked just a little more closure, like hints of wedding plans, pregnancy, the protag's career prospects in Vancouver, maybe one last interactive sex scene where he gets to choose whichever hole, including anal, lol.

But, I've seen waaaay worse endings in games I've had even more time/emotional investment in. And that's if they finished at all and weren't abandoned. So... here's to more, better endings, and maybe even a revisiting epilogue to this one!

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Am I literally the only person that didn't hate Leah's ending?
Hate is bit to strong word, but I think most of players are disappointed a bit. I really hope some kind of rewrite will appear (as far as renders go, they are fine). I mean, she does have that problematic attitude for the most of game, no surprise given her story, but I thought she and MC already overcome it.

Last edited:

Al2(SO4)3

Aug 19, 2018
The ending is pretty consistent with Leah's character ... she's always thought of herself first. There's lots of other endings with more sympathetic characters and character combinations if that's your thing.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Can you include the gallery in the port please? It's really helpful to understand your progress through the game.
i did not remove the gallery, so :WaitWhat:
and if you talk about 3rd party mods the answer is no.

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

taler

Oct 5, 2017
i did not remove the gallery, so :WaitWhat:
and if you talk about 3rd party mods the answer is no.
Thanks for your port, what about the incest mod? Since that's the way it was originally meant to be until patreon forced the dev to change it.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It's not. The devs stated it in this thread, Alice was supposed to be step-sister all along. The incest patch is completely 3rd party and is not the way they intended the game to be.
Alright thanks for the correction, then I don't care about that anymore. Evidently the patch thread misled me.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for your port, what about the incest mod? Since that's the way it was originally meant to be until patreon forced the dev to change it.
:HideThePain: did you actually read my post?

Screenshot_2020-08-12 [VN] - [Ren'Py] Freeloading Family [v0 27 GU] [FFCreations](1).png
hint: it's somewhere after the the explanation of touch screen controls.

Reactions: Ashgaming

P.T.

Dec 7, 2019
I'm definetly joining the "can relate" feeling on the leah path, was in a similar situation. She definetly made me mad.
I mean its well executed but i'm pissed. Worst ending first.

Reactions: Maverick1965

Walkeree

Feb 6, 2020
Just one thought, since each ending will take two chapters or even more, why don't we just continue the story from 0.25 or 0.26, sending the father to hell and openning new storyline having harem fun for like 8 or 9 more chapters?

No one doesn't want harem ending right?

Life is hard, and we all want to live in a beautiful dream that FF offers, harem especially.

Realistic rules or life suggestions are NOT what we need now

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It's developed by third party, not by developer, and not by the66, as he already told you.
Besides, there is no content with Alice.

Patreon didn't force FFCreations, this was stepsister story from the begining. Latter he added childhood friend option because of Patreon, they still consider stepcest to be incest. I think it's due to the fact some US states have legal prohibition of marriage between the step-siblings. Like somebody noted, developer and writer are active here, you can always check with them for more info.
That said, see the point above.
1) Story was not originally incest.
2) Incest mods are made 3rd party.
3) Ask for update at dedicated threads. Nobody is judging you for wanting it, but always try to ask at right place. ;)
4) You don't really need incest mod for this update, as it is ending about girl who is unrelated to MC either way.
Thanks for the info dude.

Reactions: Thermophob

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for the info dude.
Sorry for my answer, it seems I overlooked one detail, that's why I have deleted it. The66 did include his own version of incest patch. But rest of things I wrote still stand. Game is step-cest (not incest) originally, and you don't really need patch for this version either way. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: taler
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes