bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
This is a Visual Novel (VN). The expectation that your dislike of an aspect of it is going to change major plot points is unrealistic. The VN developers who ask for input from their paying supporters (which most people on this forum - including me - are not) ask things like "what outfit is Sister wearing in this update?", or "help me name the new girl in this update".

With a sandbox game, you have a lot more freedom because there's not a well-planned story line. Those devs can get feedback about which character to focus an update on, or supporters can vote on scenes they'd like to see and the dev puts it in the game because the plot is tissue-paper thin. Which is fine for games like The Twist, Big Brother, Summertime Saga, etc. - the plot only needs to fill in the blanks between fuck scenes.

Personally, I like that the characters in this VN need more than one pronoun to describe them, that their personalities are deeper than a rain puddle, and they have back stories, motives, etc. For me, this is a far more enjoyable fantasy than "hey Mom, I hurt my wrist, can you please jerk me off?" because with this fantasy, I don't have to try to ignore my brain screaming "OMG - Really?!?! You're not even fucking trying!!!!!" while I'm trying to rub one out.

Everybody's different. I'm on the side of "the brain is the biggest erogenous zone", and if you're not, that's cool. Just know what you're in for with a good VN (like this one).

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
This is the last thing I'll say on the matter I think. We were told to wait and see but it's clear now by the comments from both the writer and developer that this is going to be a fairly linear game thus the story is what it is and will not have any major deviations due to player decisions. Thus those of us players who disliked the fact that Alice and Leah are fuck buddies are just going to be asked to deal with it going forward, even if we feel it has made Alice look like a total c**t, as we won't be given the ability to truly influence it at all. It is what it is but I just can't put myself in the MC's shoes on this one. His actions are too far disconnected from what I want or think that I can't get myself motivated to look forward to this anymore. That's that I guess, have fun.
I agree that players should get the opportunity (especially on the pacifist path) to have Alice break it off with Leah. Nevertheless I think the devs should be praised for reading and responding to not only positive but negative feedback as well. It's a sign that they can see why people are thinking or reacting a certain way. I hope in the future the mc can get more romantic scenes with Alice.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Is there a new walkthrough yet?
Well Brother, at this point you really don't need it. There is only two paths to follow aggressive and non aggressive. Each have just different dialogs and different scenario's, that being said, whether you pick one route or even mix them up. It doesn't matter so much to the story as of yet. They say that it will start to diversify more now, where it will start to matter. They just needed to get a base going, and they are ready to start moving forward now with the story.
I'm sure that when it starts to get more complicated, as it were, then either the dev or someone here will create one. All you'll have to do is wait for a couple of days usually, for it to come out.
Hope that helps you Brother..................Peace!!

Reactions: DanMachiFan

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a way to get your total values (pacifism and perversion) to show up so you don't have to manual keep track?

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Just play as perverted then play again as pacifist to get all the dialogues and different scenes. Nothing you choose so far makes any difference whatsoever in the outcome, as it just becomes a click-through with no player control.
Aren't different dialogues and different scenes example of differences in the outcome?

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I came up with an error. I was going through a route that was balanced between Perversion and Pacifism, and had 3 points of Sis Perversion. I told Alice to spin the bottle during truth or dare and this came up. Help please. I didn't get this problem with my fully perverted route with 2 SisPerv points. I will try with my fully pacifist route and my 4 point SisPerv route to see if this shows up again.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy", line 428, in script
    if sispervbro >= 4:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy, line 451)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if sispervbro >= 4:
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1793, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 597, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Freeloading Family 0.6
Edit: Same problem with the fully pacifist route.

Last edited:
Reactions: FFCreations

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I came up with an error. I was going through a route that was balanced between Perversion and Pacifism, and had 3 points of Sis Perversion. I told Alice to spin the bottle during truth or dare and this came up. Help please. I didn't get this problem with my fully perverted route with 2 SisPerv points. I will try with my fully pacifist route and my 4 point SisPerv route to see if this shows up again.

Code:

While running game code:
    if sispervbro >= 4:

Full traceback:
    if sispervbro >= 4:
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1793, in py_eval
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\FreeloadingFamily-0.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 597, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Freeloading Family 0.6
Thank you for sending this. I'll look into the issue!

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018

Code:

While running game code:
    if sispervbro >= 4:

Full traceback:
    if sispervbro >= 4:
    raise e

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Freeloading Family 0.6
Edit: Same problem with the fully pacifist route.
Where did you get the game from? I don't have this file ("game/FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy") in my copy. Downloaded it again (from the NOPY link) just to make sure it wasn't something added after I downloaded, and it's still not there.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Where did you get the game from? I don't have this file ("game/FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy") in my copy. Downloaded it again (from the NOPY link) just to make sure it wasn't something added after I downloaded, and it's still not there.

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
That doesn't appear to be the same file. That gives you a "FF-ic-patch-v0.3.rpy" (plus whatever numbers get added to the front of it) with only 80 lines of code, and which doesn't have any lines referring to the "sispervbro" variable.

He's got an error in a different .rpy file, one with way more than 80 lines.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
That doesn't appear to be the same file. That gives you a "FF-ic-patch-v0.3.rpy" (plus whatever numbers get added to the front of it) with only 80 lines of code, and which doesn't have any lines referring to the "sispervbro" variable.

He's got an error in a different .rpy file, one with way more than 80 lines.
Did you download the attach file of that post FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy? Or ask @bossapplesauce otherwise.

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
Looks to have been a small syntax error present in both the base game and that modded file.

In the base game, in file ".\game\ver5.rpy" at line 640, there's this statement:
Code:
elif sispervbro <=3 and >=1:
(Or, in the modded file "FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy", it's at line 451)

Changing it to
Code:
elif sispervbro <=3 and sispervbro >=1:
will fix it. It's safe to edit yourself, or you can download one of these attachments.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Looks to have been a small syntax error present in both the base game and that modded file.

In the base game, in file ".\game\ver5.rpy" at line 640, there's this statement:
Code:
elif sispervbro <=3 and >=1:
(Or, in the modded file "FF-fixes-v0.6.BaS.rpy", it's at line 451)

Changing it to
Code:
elif sispervbro <=3 and sispervbro >=1:
will fix it. It's safe to edit yourself, or you can download one of these attachments.
Lol, yeah entirely my fault - I updated the patch here. Sorry about that.
@PhoenixFireeye

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes