Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Old saves don't work? We need that fixed people don't remember the choices they made and on top of that i can't fast forward through the game.

pov989

Apr 27, 2017
I've been a member of these boards for quite some time, but never really felt the need to post. But I've seen the general mood of this thread tilt more toward the negative. Hence, I wanted to offer some positive reinforcement to try to return this thread to a degree of balance and air out some thoughts.

First, I think we can all agree that FFCreations and VA deserve kudos and respect for constantly coming back here to engage in conversation with everyone, regardless of whether it is positive or negative conversation. I've seen other developers ignore negative comments, or stop posting all together after some time.

I have been following this game since it first came out. I remember that the first version of the game was a few images and then promptly ended. I also remember how there were a few small updates that came fairly rapidly after the initial demo, but then there was a switch to a longer wait time for more substantial updates. But even back during the initial version, I took a particular liking to this game. Certainly, the female lead being hella cute helped (definitely in the top 3 in all games I've played thus far, for sure!).

Since most of the negativity stemmed from the 0.5 update, I'll jump right into that. I admit, the events of that update made me raise my eyebrow by the end of playing the version. My initial reaction was, "I'm not entirely a fan of the direction this update went." But after I thought about it a little, I said to myself that the game was still in its initial stage and there isn't really a point to getting too uppity. Instead, I decided it would be better to see how it panned out.

From strictly my point of view, I would find the game pretty boring if the MC just shows up, sleeps around, and that is the game. Again, I found some of the writing in 0.5 and onward to be a bit spotty (with regard to MC choices and the direction the game suddenly went to), but I figured that at least this game has its first real "hurdle" to overcome in the story. And nothing fleshes out a character's personality more than when facing adversity. So, I'm looking forward to see where the game, the writing, and the characters go. Personally, I'd like to see an improvement in the MC's choices/actions/personality/what have you, but I'm not up in arms about it as of yet. There's still time for things to develop, so I'm adopting a "wait and see" stance.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand wanting to voice one's opinion or reaction to an update, but I don't see a reason to lob insults or seemingly take things too personally. One can voice criticism in a constructive and objective manner. And it seems like FF and VA are willing to take that into consideration, to a degree, when it comes to the advancement of the story. And that's great. It is another reason why I think the passion in some of the comments I am seeing here should be toned down some. My fear is that it can really wear on developers over time, thus affecting their interest in continuing the game, whether that be increasingly questioning their decisions on where the story should go or if the developer wants to continue working in conjunction with the player base.

I also want to note that this game is not as funded as some of the larger, more popular games here. I'm sure there is a lot of content and writing that would, ideally, be included in the game, but cannot be due to funding reasons. We're getting good looking imagery, characters (Ah, Alice!), and a responsive developer. It sounds like a good deal.

Let me repeat, I just wanted to give some thoughts and try to restore a sense of balance to the thread by giving some positive thoughts. I really like the game, and I am always eagerly on the lookout for updates to it. Stay classy FF and VA. Back to my non-posting ways!

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Old saves don't work? We need that fixed people don't remember the choices they made and on top of that i can't fast forward through the game.
I think that was corrected. If you're having issues with that let us know please

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
You made some great points here. I've tried not to reply to much this time around, and instead to just watch the discussions happen, but I like the points you made.

This is a mostly linear game. The same story, overall, will be told no matter what. You as the play can influence certain things, and those choices will have some impact, but I can say here right now that the differences aren't going to be so extreme that on one end of the spectrum you become a Sex God, and all women universally want to fuck you, while at the other end, you become an insect... Ok, that was a weird example, but my point is that the choices and selections you make will have some impact, but not enough that the game has multiple, complete, unique storylines. Keep in mind that this game is just FFCreations and myself; we simply don't have the manpower to plan, code, render, and release that much content in one months' time consistently.

Having the Episodic Format does allow us to read comments and make some tweaks along the way though, as we did with the 5.1 patch. But we can't do that all the time, and we can't let the comments completely derail the plan, or the game will feel like it was hodgepodged together. My number one goal when this game is done is to have people look back at it as a whole and say, "You know what? That story was actually really well put together. Let me play it again to see what I missed."

I am seeing a lot of people saying things about the perversion vs pacifism differences, so I hope that in the future releases you'll see where the differences will start to come into play. It's already clear with Susan, but how it will affect the other characters will be pretty obvious soon, I hope. @jaydem just summed up something I said before: in the previous updates, we were letting the player collect points so that they would be meaningful. Now that we have done that, the goal is to have true divergence in certain scenes based on what you've collected. 100% perversion or 100% pacifism may not even be the "best" way to go in certain scenes to come...

Ironically, one thing that I read and tried to account for was how much of a "bitch" Leah is/was. I tried to imply in this update that she's softening up and starting to like the MC more, but now people are questioning her motives lol. I kind of love the theories and the ideas people have because it means you're playing the game, but at the same time it feels like I can't please you at all. You think she's too mean... I make her less mean, but still act tough... Neither is apparently ok.

All I can do, ever, is write a story that I hope will be enjoyed. Keep the theories coming, though. It is fun to see what people think, even if it isn't entirely positive all the time.

In regards to softening characters, trying to compromise with players etc. It's a dark path to go down and a lot of ppl want simple and/or stupid things. Everything you've been doing has been fine so far, not every character has to bend to your will, or even be nice to you. I enjoy all the characters that have been made in this game, and hope you don't speed up the evolution of characters just to appease ppl. One of the few games here where I immediately enjoyed the Visio

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
In regards to softening characters, trying to compromise with players etc. It's a dark path to go down and a lot of ppl want simple and/or stupid things. Everything you've been doing has been fine so far, not every character has to bend to your will, or even be nice to you. I enjoy all the characters that have been made in this game, and hope you don't speed up the evolution of characters just to appease ppl. One of the few games here where I immediately enjoyed the Visio
Thank you!

also thank you @pov989

Kind words, encouragement, and good feedback are what we enjoy seeing.
The negative can be helpful too, but these kinds of comments really make my day :)

Reactions: kongflcl and jaydem

Rintal

May 6, 2017
In regards to softening characters, trying to compromise with players etc. It's a dark path to go down and a lot of ppl want simple and/or stupid things.
The wisest decision in this situation is always to track the feedback. Not to please all the fans, but to take the most interesting ideas from them.
I really hope for this game. I like it when everything goes "on the edge," and the characters are open to it and remain calm to some extent. You know, not like "Oh fuck, I touched her breasts, I want more! I want sex! Anal! And blowjob! I will not calm down until I get it! Aaaaa! I need to fap!", but more like "God, I touched her breasts!" It was nice. I'll never forget this softness! She's so beautiful!" Something like that.
But personally I would like to see more ... flirting action. And different characters. Now they are all such openminded. From a teacher to a sister, they are all on the same level of depravity. So it doesn't look real. It looks like some kind of alternative universe. lol!

Damn, that was hard to me, to write this post, considering that English is not my native language.

Reactions: lynx33 and kongflcl

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you!

also thank you @pov989

Kind words, encouragement, and good feedback are what we enjoy seeing.
The negative can be helpful too, but these kinds of comments really make my day :)
Don't worry we like the game.I like all the girls but Alice is favorite.Maybe I have a thing for sisters:)
Probably most are afraid that if the game ends in 0.10 par example there won't be enought time for good stuff with Alice and only with her.Seems many don't want to have a thing with Leah:(
BTW any idea how many updates the game will be approximately?10,15,20?That realy can help some of the guys here relax at least a little:)

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
BTW any idea how many updates the game will be approximately?
Can't yet say. We do have a clear ending in mind, and a path to get there. If we stick to this plan we have in place, FFC and I can estimate about how many more updates there will be, but I am not sure I can say yet. I know that as we are working on this, we are making adjustments here and there to the plan, so the number may grow or shrink. Perhaps in the next month or two (or three) we will be able to announce how many more would be left. I just don't want to set the wrong expectations :)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Can't yet say. We do have a clear ending in mind, and a path to get there. If we stick to this plan we have in place, FFC and I can estimate about how many more updates there will be, but I am not sure I can say yet. I know that as we are working on this, we are making adjustments here and there to the plan, so the number may grow or shrink. Perhaps in the next month or two (or three) we will be able to announce how many more would be left. I just don't want to set the wrong expectations :)
Don't worry if the number is +/-3 or even more.We don't need exact statistics.It is only to have some idea what we can expect.
Because if the game is like 10-12 updates,sex with Alice can be around 0.9-0.10.
But if we talking for 20 updates this will go to 0.15-0.16.
Please don't make the mistake sex with main LI/in this case Alice/to happen in last update of the game and game over.

Reactions: jaydem

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
This is the last thing I'll say on the matter I think. We were told to wait and see but it's clear now by the comments from both the writer and developer that this is going to be a fairly linear game thus the story is what it is and will not have any major deviations due to player decisions. Thus those of us players who disliked the fact that Alice and Leah are fuck buddies are just going to be asked to deal with it going forward, even if we feel it has made Alice look like a total c**t, as we won't be given the ability to truly influence it at all. It is what it is but I just can't put myself in the MC's shoes on this one. His actions are too far disconnected from what I want or think that I can't get myself motivated to look forward to this anymore. That's that I guess, have fun.

Reactions: Valeck

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
they wont load for me
What happens? What path did you take in the previous version? Which version was the last that you played? Can you start a new game? Do you have any other saves? If you have an "autosave" still that isn't the same as your regular save, can you load that?

Anything you can provide helps us help you :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
What happens? What path did you take in the previous version? Which version was the last that you played? Can you start a new game? Do you have any other saves? If you have an "autosave" still that isn't the same as your regular save, can you load that?

Anything you can provide helps us help you :)
Send the saves failed to load and their tracebacks. Also send the save 1-4-LT1 who works. They're saves of the v0.5.1. All are from the perv route.

Reactions: V.A. Laurie
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes