tk99

Jun 3, 2019
You didn't get Star Wars in a bi or tri monthly basis by 5-10 minutes, enjoyed the good parts of it for an extended period, and became invested in it for a mass amount of time before you got to those parts that were bad, so it's a bad analogy.
I guess ffcreations didn't had the funding like Star Wars.
And I can't remember that the creators of SW asked the viewers what they like to see.

They didn't had to, because the story was the reason why people had been hooked up.

The people that loved the game until the dad returned, personally I'd say the reintroduction of the professor is where the game took a massive nosedive, enjoyed it for a long time, and then they have to witness it falling apart by update to update. It's vastly different when you watch a movie/series play a game in one go, but even there, that 5% at the end - it's more than that now imo - will sour the experience as well overall. In this format, that sourness will have a much bigger impact.
I agree with you on some parts.

The ending felt rushed, especially after the very good story telling in the first 70-80% of the game.

But still: How the ending is told is the decision of the dev.
If you support it or not, there is no guarantee that you get what YOU like.

You might have expected something different (as I did for some parts), the dev didn't deliver what you had expected.
But that doesn't make the whole game bad.

This was the very first game I ever patroned, I loved the characters, the dialogues, the monologues, the writing as a whole, even if on other aspects it was a bit lacking,
Thanks for that.
It made me and many other players to be able to enjoy it.

Although, it did prove me right in my general mistrustfulness about the whole patreon system that AVN industry runs on.
So what are you saying?
Wrongdoing by the dev aside.

Do not support these games until they are done, because only then you will know if you like them?
Yeah, we will have 1-5% of the games left, if you act like this.
Most devs do this as a hobby.

They are either interested in creating VNs and do it because they want to do it, or they hope to get some money.
I have no idea what made ffcreation to create a VN.
But I have also no idea why he it ended like he did.

If you know the reason, please tell me.

Until then I enjoyed most of the story.

It pains me to say this, but, it would've been better just to abandon it right before the parents returning, because this definetly isn't the treatment that FF deserved at it's climax.
The dev has been working on this for nearly 4 years!

I have no idea how much he earned in this time and I really don't care.

Abandoning this is exactly what you say: A kick in the face of all supporters.

As I said, I'm not really happy with all of the endings or the rushed ending in general.
But I still remember the good times I've had playing it.

So the decision to bring it to an end might be painful.
But at least he delivered, if you like the endings or not.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And I can't remember that the creators of SW asked the viewers what they like to see.

They didn't had to, because the story was the reason why people had been hooked up.
every/nearly every movie gets shown to test audience (very demographic) and if they like it it goes on final production and theaters/straight to video/netflix/etc and if not liked then some parts are re-shot or something else until gets green light.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I haven't played this update, but from reading the reactions the Alice ending doesn't make much sense to me. Obviously MC likes girls, and Alice does too. I'd even say that Alice likes girls more than guys, but I think continuing that style of relationship into the ending is a missed opportunity at character development.

I understand that Alice and MC have been hooking up with others the entire game, but I viewed that as more of a necessity. They had to keep their relationship secret from the parents. Alice was already with Leah before MC. MC had to pretend to be Leah's boyfriend etc. It was also experimental. Trying stuff out. Seeing what they enjoy. Like most young people do.

It's not like some couples IRL don't have a similar dynamic and then commit to being exclusive when they get married. Or at the least tone it down, perhaps only every so often instead of a regular thing. To keep things spicy, but not a major part of the relationship. I'd argue if you want to have sex with others more than with your SO, you aren't in a real committed relationship. I feel like, eventually, someone would be hurt. There is a thin line between consensual open relationships and cheating.

Related to that, this, from what I'm reading, may not be polyamorous. Polyamorous relationships are when the people involved are... in a relationship. They love each other, they are intimate emotionally and physically. Open relationships and swinging are different, there are no emotions involved, it's just for pleasure and fun. One of the people involved having a GF or BF on the side, but the other not having the same, isn't balanced. I don't think those types of relationships are stable long term. If Alice's GF wants to be serious with her and tries to make her dump MC we have a problem. And yes, that happens IRL. Girls can definitely leave their guy for another girl, especially if they already seem to prefer girls in the first place.

This all could've been solved with a simple choice in the update. Alice ( or MC ) asks the other if they want to be exclusive, or continue seeing other people too. Yes or no, simple and easy.

A while back, I had a girlfriend who was bisexual. She asked me if I would be ok if she hooked up with other girls every so often. I thought about it, and agreed. But I had conditions. 1- We do it together. I don't mind them focusing primarily on each other, but I wouldn't be comfortable with her going out on a "date" with someone else while I'm sitting at home. She isn't a hot-wife, she is my girlfriend. 2- Nobody we know. Yes, some of her friends were cute but I didn't want to risk them becoming more than friends (or them developing feelings for me or vise versa) . 3- I had to approve of the girl in question. That's all. She agreed and we made a couple profile on one of those dating sites and that worked out just fine for a while. It was a once a month or so activity, not a major part of the relationship. She got her carpet munching fix :p. I got to pretend I was an adult game MC :geek: and it worked out fine until my other crazy ex burned her alive in a house fire. :mad: I'm kidding about that part...I think?. Something like that would've worked great for Alice and MC's relationship, but less dramatized.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I haven't played this update, but from reading the reactions the Alice ending doesn't make much sense to me. Obviously MC likes girls, and Alice does too. I'd even say that Alice likes girls more than guys, but I think continuing that style of relationship into the ending is a missed opportunity at character development.

I understand that Alice and MC have been hooking up with others the entire game, but I viewed that as more of a necessity. They had to keep their relationship secret from the parents. Alice was already with Leah before MC. MC had to pretend to be Leah's boyfriend etc. It was also experimental. Trying stuff out. Seeing what they enjoy. Like most young people do.

It's not like some couples IRL don't have a similar dynamic and then commit to being exclusive when they get married. Or at the least tone it down, perhaps only every so often instead of a regular thing. To keep things spicy, but not a major part of the relationship. I'd argue if you want to have sex with others more than with your SO, you aren't in a real committed relationship. I feel like, eventually, someone would be hurt. There is a thin line between consensual open relationships and cheating.

Related to that, this, from what I'm reading, may not be polyamorous. Polyamorous relationships are when the people involved are... in a relationship. They love each other, they are intimate emotionally and physically. Open relationships and swinging are different, there are no emotions involved, it's just for pleasure and fun. One of the people involved having a GF or BF on the side, but the other not having the same, isn't balanced. I don't think those types of relationships are stable long term. If Alice's GF wants to be serious with her and tries to make her dump MC we have a problem. And yes, that happens IRL. Girls can definitely leave their guy for another girl, especially if they already seem to prefer girls in the first place.

This all could've been solved with a simple choice in the update. Alice ( or MC ) asks the other if they want to be exclusive, or continue seeing other people too. Yes or no, simple and easy.

A while back, I had a girlfriend who was bisexual. She asked me if I would be ok if she hooked up with other girls every so often. I thought about it, and agreed. But I had conditions. 1- We do it together. I don't mind them focusing primarily on each other, but I wouldn't be comfortable with her going out on a "date" with someone else while I'm sitting at home. She isn't a hot-wife, she is my girlfriend. 2- Nobody we know. Yes, some of her friends were cute but I didn't want to risk them becoming more than friends (or them developing feelings for me or vise versa) . 3- I had to approve of the girl in question. That's all. She agreed and we made a couple profile on one of those dating sites and that worked out just fine for a while. It was a once a month or so activity, not a major part of the relationship. She got her carpet munching fix :p. I got to pretend I was an adult game MC :geek: and it worked out fine until my other crazy ex burned her alive in a house fire. :mad: I'm kidding about that part...I think?. Something like that would've worked great for Alice and MC's relationship, but less dramatized.
At least there is no crazy yandere in this game.Because I'm pretty sure I will reject her the first time I met her.Don't stick in crazy.:oops:

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
I hope the harem ending is good - I mean I consider it is the only true possible ending as the story simply does not develop anything else rather than harem. And other endings just attempts to deviate from harem ending somehow. :LOL:

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
every/nearly every movie gets shown to test audience (very demographic) and if they like it it goes on final production and theaters/straight to video/netflix/etc and if not liked then some parts are re-shot or something else until gets green light.
We don't have that kind of budget or time lol

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Oh boy is the "Any sharing is NTR and we don't like it!!!1" faction out in force to complain.

The Alice ending was pretty good imho. You could argue that it's a bit contrived that they break up with all the other girls that are still around and in the area (Karina, Melody, Aunt) but I guess that's why it's the Alice ending and the harem ending is still coming. Still, the wedding was nice and the sex scenes we got were hot.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I guess ffcreations didn't had the funding like Star Wars.

It certainly doesn't have the same budget, that's why the different format, which you have to keep in mind integrity and impact wise, because it is different than putting the whole thing out in one go.

You might or might not know about a thing called test screenings. If the test audience doesn't like it enough, it often leads to re-editing or even re-shootings in a movie, because in the movie industry with blockbusters, viewer approval rating is everything.

The ending felt rushed, especially after the very good story telling in the first 70-80% of the game.

But still: How the ending is told is the decision of the dev.
If you support it or not, there is no guarantee that you get what YOU like.

You might have expected something different (as I did for some parts), the dev didn't deliver what you had expected.
But that doesn't make the whole game bad.
It is their decision, but it does bring up several problems. If you plan to make another game after this as a dev, but you fuck up your ending, that will hurt your credibility massively, it happened several times with other games already. On the other end, if you manage to make the whole game consistent, it creates trust that will earn you support on the next one already, there's examples for this as well. And just because you can jump off a cliff or shoot yourself in the foot, it doesn't mean that you should/must/have to, and that it would be the greatest idea ever. Especially when there's expectations from the audience you managed to gather in the meantime, but more about this below.

So what are you saying?
Wrongdoing by the dev aside.

Do not support these games until they are done, because only then you will know if you like them?
Yeah, we will have 1-5% of the games left, if you act like this.
Most devs do this as a hobby.
So what? Should I give my unweawering support and trust blindly when they can decide on a whim that they don't need to keep up the quality they did before? No. That's how you end up with people that milk - no, these guys don't do that and I'm not accusing them of such, don't get me wrong - or developers that go lazy in their work, and you'll make them right to do so by continuing to support them, creating a tendency that they and others will continue to follow. Just take a look around in some big names. Everyone's money is finite, and because of that, I do have to have standards, so if I get burned by developers despite the trust I put in them, then the gamble I took failed, and I will feel my mistrust toward the system as a whole being warranted. Sidenote, if I take everything into account, then yeah, around 10% of the games deserves to stay afloat for a long period.

I have no idea what made ffcreation to create a VN.
But I have also no idea why he it ended like he did.

If you know the reason, please tell me.

Until then I enjoyed most of the story.
I have no idea why it turned out the way it did, only guesses, and I don't have to know. You could ask the devs, who despite being active here are refusing to give a proper explanation why they decided to tear down everything they built for years. And by proper, I mean proper, not a "because I think it's good" type of answer.

Abandoning this is exactly what you say: A kick in the face of all supporters.

As I said, I'm not really happy with all of the endings or the rushed ending in general.
But I still remember the good times I've had playing it.
And you think this isn't a kick in the face? It is just from different angle, but it stings more exactly because of the good times we all had playing it. Seeing something that we liked this much getting meticulously destroyed brick by brick at the end is so much worse than just leaving it unfinished.

So the decision to bring it to an end might be painful.
But at least he delivered, if you like the endings or not.
I don't have a problem with the decision of ending the story, I have problem of how said ending is being executed.

By the way, out of that almost 4 years of development, it's been more than a year where the shitshow about this whole game began. The Susan reintroduction that I mentioned as the focal point of things going south were last March, the parents returning, which was the spectacular turning point was last May. Content wise, the good things lasted longer, but irl timewise, the problems are here for more than the quarter of the development cycle.

We don't have that kind of budget or time lol
If you'd put out an announcement that you're looking for people to test and give feedback about the ending, you'd had more than enough from every possible demography, free of charge. I can agree with the time constrait, but then again, just giving them the script about it or even just the outline and important plot points, before doing the whole rendering/coding/editing process would sufficed and you'd been able to draw conclusions of it long before you start the most time consuming aspects of it.

Last edited:

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I liked the Alice ending, though I think it would have been nice to have a checkpoint and choice to stay poly or go monogamous. I totally did not tear up at the wedding, there was some onion cutting ninjas in here! This ending seemed the best so far for all of the characters but it would still have been nice for their lives to be more intertwined (I guess that is what the harem ending is for, though.)

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
The part where Mc is thinking of moving in Alice, I understand that fear of change and uncertainty about the future, but I’m thinking to myself the whole time, you have the perfect woman standing right before. Even if you are a little bummed out by the gang breaking up or moving on with their lives Alice is promising that she’s not going anywhere, anytime soon. For me that would be more than enough, no matter what the future holds. I can say that overall I enjoyed Alice’s ending. I thought the wedding part was beautiful and well developed.

What I didn’t like was the whole Poly relationship aspect in this particular ending. I've been waiting for years now since first playing this game for this outcome to be honest, I always thought that if it came down to choosing ONE woman to be with Alice was that person. Just wanna point out a couple of things.

1. So far in both Melody and Leah endings the Mc chose them and them only, there was no other love interests. Hell in Leah’s ending you practically had to abandon both Mel and Alice and jump through hoops in order to be with her. With Mel Mc settled down with her and even started a family with her. I was expecting Alice ending to be shown with the same amount of respect, but it wasn’t, which disappointed me.

2. Before Leah had came back home and back in the picture Alice appeared to had already moved on from her and was more focused on Mc moving in with her, which to me indicated that she was focused solely on Mc, and perhaps was ready to take the next step in their lives. I thought with Mc breaking up with Mel, Leah and Serena that they were done with the Poly phase but that clearly wasn’t the case.

3. A Poly marriage in my opinion should've been saved for the Harem ending. What’s the point of the Harem ending if Mc and Alice never stopped fucking around with other people? Why have Mc breakup with then Mel?

I just felt that something as intimate as a wedding should’ve been saved on people who only have eyes for each other and no one else. I mean I thought the purpose of Mc fucking all the girls was to get it out of his system and sort of experiment through sex, but finally settle down with Alice ultimately, I guess not.

Let me be clear I’m not bashing this ending, I just expected a different story. Alice is my top girl along with Melody, I just wanted the same kind of boundaries that he had with Mel in her ending. There should've at least been a choice on whether Alice and Mc was gonna continue to sleep with others or stay faithful to each other.

Melody ending is still my favorite thus far, followed by Alice's, then Leah's and lastly Karina.

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Oh boy is the "Any sharing is NTR and we don't like it!!!1" faction out in force to complain.

The Alice ending was pretty good imho. You could argue that it's a bit contrived that they break up with all the other girls that are still around and in the area (Karina, Melody, Aunt) but I guess that's why it's the Alice ending and the harem ending is still coming. Still, the wedding was nice and the sex scenes we got were hot.
Yeah if there was always going to be the open/poly ending with Alice, it would have been a nice alternative to have an existing throuple with Alice + Melody/Hailey/Leah....and Karina as a last resort just because I can't stand her character, but she's preferable to some rando lesbian girlfriend.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The part where Mc is thinking of moving in Alice, I understand that fear of change and uncertainty about the future, but I’m thinking to myself the whole time, you have the perfect woman standing right before. Even if you are a little bummed out by the gang breaking up or moving on with their lives Alice is promising that she’s not going anywhere, anytime soon. For me that would be more than enough, no matter what the future holds. I can say that overall I enjoyed Alice’s ending. I thought the wedding part was beautiful and well developed.

What I didn’t like was the whole Poly relationship aspect in this particular ending. I've been waiting for years now since first playing this game for this outcome to be honest, I always thought that if it came down to choosing ONE woman to be with Alice was that person. Just wanna point out a couple of things.

1. So far in both Melody and Leah endings the Mc chose them and them only, there was no other love interests. Hell in Leah’s ending you practically had to abandon both Mel and Alice and jump through hoops in order to be with her. With Mel Mc settled down with her and even started a family with her. I was expecting Alice ending to be shown with the same amount of respect, but it wasn’t, which disappointed me.

2. Before Leah had came back home and back in the picture Alice appeared to had already moved on from her and was more focused on Mc moving in with her, which to me indicated that she was focused solely on Mc, and perhaps was ready to take the next step in their lives. I thought with Mc breaking up with Mel, Leah and Serena that they were done with the Poly phase but that clearly wasn’t the case.

3. A Poly marriage in my opinion should've been saved for the Harem ending. What’s the point of the Harem ending if Mc and Alice never stopped fucking around with other people? Why have Mc breakup with then Mel?

I just felt that something as intimate as a wedding should’ve been saved on people who only have eyes for each other and no one else. I mean I thought the purpose of Mc fucking all the girls was to get it out of his system and sort of experiment through sex, but finally settle down with Alice ultimately, I guess not.

Let me be clear I’m not bashing this ending, I just expected a different story. Alice is my top girl along with Melody, I just wanted the same kind of boundaries that he had with Mel in her ending. There should've at least been a choice on whether Alice and Mc was gonna continue to sleep with others or stay faithful to each other.

Melody ending is still my favorite thus far, followed by Alice's, then Leah's and lastly Karina.
Well said, and I agree with all your points. My understanding was the MC was able to experiment/date around and sow his wild oats, but when Alice asked him to break up with the others and commit to her, that should have been a sign that both of them had gotten it out of their system, had their fun playing around but ultimately realized they were each other's soulmates and wanted to marry and settle down similar to Melody's ending.

I don't hate the idea of a throuple, just would have made more sense with either Leah coming back into town and their lives, picking up where the they left off, or barring that, bringing Hailey into their committed relationship, giving her also a happy ending...

That said, guess for me fingers crossed the harem ending will be my canon ending...

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
Yeah if there was always going to be the open/poly ending with Alice, it would have been a nice alternative to have an existing throuple with Alice + Melody/Hailey/Leah....and Karina as a last resort just because I can't stand her character, but she's preferable to some rando lesbian girlfriend.
Thank you for the rational comment. I was upset at the ending but didn’t wanna rant or anything. Like why break it off with your main girls if you’re going to continue having a open relationship with strangers? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Debojit

Jun 22, 2020
Aunt Hailey better get her own ending! She's too darn hot and cute to be left out like that! She needs the works, wedding, honeymoon, marriage life, knocked up, first child, second child, third child, fourth child, etc!
I also think the same

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes