FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I wonder why he put the "Save before this" page in there at the end? I mean, he just broke the game so old saves won't work and odds are he'll do it again so there's no point in having saves at all, is there?

I had already downloaded and extracted this and crashed it five times trying to load old saves before reading the change log for v0.10 (which I hadn't checked [no log for v0.11 available yet]). I decided to try the "Chapter Selection" feature and see where that put me since I had already spent time & bandwidth. Well, since there weren't any "chapters" before you had to make a wild guess where to start. I initially tried chapter 5 but that was WAY back there so I had to go back to the menu and try chapter 6. Well, that also started so far back that I pretty much had to replay as much old shit as there was new material since the end of v0.9. Another game I had liked that I won't bother with again unless & until it's finished - if then.
I'm sorry that you find the corrupt saves annoying. I completely understand, which is why I created the Chapter Select in the first place. Unfortunately this is the reality of the RenPy engine and there's not much I can do about it. Even huge games like Summertime Saga deal with this issue.

Will my save files carry over to the next update?

This is the most asked question and the answer is no, it cannot. Unfortunately the Renpy engine deals very poorly with handling old save files in new versions of our game.

This was taken directly from Summertime Saga's website. If you have a solution to this problem that you'd like to see implemented then I would be happy to hear it. As for why I have "SAVE BEFORE THIS" at the end of each update is because sometimes old saves do work, so it's better than nothing.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, so when I started my save game from the end of the latest version it just said to save here and then went on to the credits. When I loaded an earlier one (threesome decision) it jumped to a scene in the school in which the framed teacher was fired that I didn't remember being there before. So did this version change more older scenes so that I better play it from the beginning again?
No older scenes have been changed. The scene that you jumped to is the start of this latest update. Old saves may not work, so I recommend using the Chapter Selection instead.

randomname42

May 30, 2017
Good update. Alice still as lovely as ever. I'm curious though if the MC and Alice referring to each other as sister/brother during the beach scene rather than step-sister/brother was intentional?

Also one minor bug: line 1164 in ver10.rpy seems to be extraneous - both of the previous dialogue options that lead up to it include a similar line, and having this one come after them doesn't really make any sense.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
I just love this novel.
nice to read the storyline, and play it like a saint (or slave) or like a little devil (a be the horny shit we all like to be playing as)
renders ar of top quality. choices are easy and put on the right reading speed it just a real entertaining story...
Can't wait for the next update already (wink wink)

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Dev, just wondering & making sure.
Are there mainly only 2 routes in game "Pacifisim" & "Perversion" route or more depending on each or some choices that change certain relations with characters & how you interact with them.
For example you can be submissive or controlling type in front of teacher character.

I understand that saves will have issues with Renpy & a lot of games are being made like every week & month with Devs that aren't too familiar with it or are honing their skills so it is perfectly understandable. I also appreciate that you acknowledge this & have countermeasure with Chapter selection. Keep it up Dev, game is great

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Dev, just wondering & making sure.
Are there mainly only 2 routes in game "Pacifisim" & "Perversion" route or more depending on each or some choices that change certain relations with characters & how you interact with them.
For example you can be submissive or controlling type in front of teacher character.

I understand that saves will have issues with Renpy & a lot of games are being made like every week & month with Devs that aren't too familiar with it or are honing their skills so it is perfectly understandable. I also appreciate that you acknowledge this & have countermeasure with Chapter selection. Keep it up Dev, game is great
There are only 2 main routes yes. However there are several choices you make throughout the game that will have an impact that isn't related to Perversion/Pacifism. Meaning even if a menu choice doesn't show that it gives Perversion/Pacifism, it doesn't mean that it won't have an impact. Since variables may still be assigned in the background depending on your choice.

Thank you for being understanding and I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Really like this so far. My save worked, but played again for the fun of it ^^

There is currently only one critic I have. The "animations" or the lack of it. Sure there don't have to be any, but theses 2 screen "animations" are not really nice. Maybe you can smooth them out and add a few frames to it.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Really like this so far. My save worked, but played again for the fun of it ^^

There is currently only one critic I have. The "animations" or the lack of it. Sure there don't have to be any, but theses 2 screen "animations" are not really nice. Maybe you can smooth them out and add a few frames to it.
Yea, we had a bit back and forth with how the "animation" sequence was going to be played out. I agree that adding tween frames would've been smoother, but then it would just be the same as making an actual animation. Which I'm all for, however due to me not doing this for a living, I don't really have the time to make so many additional renders. I'm trying to put more and more time into the game as my Patreon grows (this was the biggest update we've done so far), so hopefully you'll see full fledged animations in the future.

Endless

Donor
May 9, 2017
Thanks for answering Dev.
I was mainly asking since saves may not work in future updates or they may sometimes.
What default choose is chosen with how you interact with characters, for example what if i choose chaper selection & choose Pacifism or Perversion determines what predetermined choices were made to all or certain characters (like by default are u MC submissive or controlling of Teacher character)

I know this may make things more difficult for you but i suggest after selecting Chapter selection, you may wanna include key choices with it.
Or
Since i honestly don't know how much time & work that will take you maybe have someone or in your spare time have a detailed Walkthrough made. We can always skip to choices for fast replay if there is a current Walkthrough

Just giving my opinions here

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for answering Dev.
I was mainly asking since saves may not work in future updates or they may sometimes.
What default choose is chosen with how you interact with characters, for example what if i choose chaper selection & choose Pacifism or Perversion determines what predetermined choices were made to all or certain characters (like by default are u MC submissive or controlling of Teacher character)

I know this may make things more difficult for you but i suggest after selecting Chapter selection, you may wanna include key choices with it.
Or
Since i honestly don't know how much time & work that will take you maybe have someone or in your spare time have a detailed Walkthrough made. We can always skip to choices for fast replay if there is a current Walkthrough

Just giving my opinions here
Yea, the point with Chapter Selection was to compensate for the save issues. But I didn't want to bombard the player with menu choices when they use the Chapter Selection. So that's why I kept it as simple as possible. But I might add a Advanced Chapter Selection where key choices are included as options for the player to choose from.

Endless

Donor
May 9, 2017
Yea, the point with Chapter Selection was to compensate for the save issues. But I didn't want to bombard the player with menu choices when they use the Chapter Selection. So that's why I kept it as simple as possible. But I might add a Advanced Chapter Selection where key choices are included as options for the player to choose from.
Ok, awesome thanks for listening
Not that it matters too much since most with most choices we can kinda assume or tell how it will impact game but any chance of an updated walkthrough. Not now but maybe eventually?

cmon1234

May 19, 2017
On this version, sister's name defaulted to Alice in dialogues, despite me entering a different name. Even the dialogue box has the name I entered though.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
On this version, sister's name defaulted to Alice in dialogues, despite me entering a different name. Even the dialogue box has the name I entered though.
You can't change Alice's name. So I'm guessing you used maybe the incest mod, or went into the files yourself? Either way, since you can't change her name then all dialogue should say Alice instead of something else.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes