somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
Ha, yes. Of course I meant Daz.

Thanks. I get that rendering engines are ultimately mostly due to the skill of the artist, but from what I have seen around here, blender-based games, while can be good, have a more artificial cartoony look compared to Daz. It surely like you say, Daz has loads of prebuilt models, most of which look very very good with no editing needed, whereas Blender takes much more artistic skill to get the same or even better results.

Certainly no reasonable person can say that the new blender-based Chloe is an improvement. Version one looks great, blender-Chloe looks hideous.

I still think, though, that this is surely a stalling maneuver. Oh well, another one bites the dust, it appears.

The number of devs that can take a successful game, and keep doing what the fans enjoy, is shrinking dramatically. Devs seem to fall into 2 categories now:

1) Still trying to make it, so they actually try to make their games successful with at least semi-regular updates of consistent quality

2 ) Have made it, once they hit about $2K+ in monthly Patron donations, time to start stalling, so they can keep from losing too many subscribers without actually having to work (WVM is the quintessential modern case, but there are many, many, other examples).
I wouldn’t really consider those to be milking, especially when compared to actual milkers like “Milfy City” that’s a year+ of no release. Still has over 3.5k patrons.
WMV also still has 2.8k patrons, but he also paused the Patreon for most of his hiatus (granted he didn’t call it that and he did also milk a few months. IIRC he was like 20k+ a month for quite a while)

but like 100-300€ a month is nice as an extra. But hardly something you can live of off. At least in western countries.

Nevertheless I do agree that with the increase in the amount of games, there has also been an increase in the amount of devs taking their sweet sweet time. Maybe disproportionally so.

Reactions: Smarmint

Docc777

May 14, 2018
I've made a Walkthrough/Scene gallery for this game

Edit: Updated for version 0.5.100
  • Removed scene gallery (Dev added his own)
  • Split scene and image galleries into 2 separate menus
  • Unlocked all scenes/images

Features:
  • Highlighted text green that gives points/leads to scenes
  • Added "Unlock all" button to the gallery
  • Added A scene gallery to the quick menu
  • Added a "CHEATS" button to the bottom right corner
Installation:
  1. Merge the "game" folder from the mod with the one from the "Fresh women" folder

Download: PIXELDRAIN MEGA
Is this mod working for the 0.5.121 version? And if not will there be an update soon?

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
I wouldn’t really consider those to be milking, especially when compared to actual milkers like “Milfy City” that’s a year+ of no release. Still has over 3.5k patrons.
WMV also still has 2.8k patrons, but he also paused the Patreon for most of his hiatus (granted he didn’t call it that and he did also milk a few months. IIRC he was like 20k+ a month for quite a while)

but like 100-300€ a month is nice as an extra. But hardly something you can live of off. At least in western countries.

Nevertheless I do agree that with the increase in the amount of games, there has also been an increase in the amount of devs taking their sweet sweet time. Maybe disproportionally so.
The Devs of this claimed claimed they made like 30 thousand plus dollars last summer. They hired a whole bunch of a people in order to push updates out faster and improve quality. Started working on new games and have barely released any info about Freshwomen. Not saying they are milking but they have clearly dropped the ball here

somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
The Devs of this claimed claimed they made like 30 thousand plus dollars last summer. They hired a whole bunch of a people in order to push updates out faster and improve quality. Started working on new games and have barely released any info about Freshwomen. Not saying they are milking but they have clearly dropped the ball here
Yeah I think they launched multiple projects in addition to switching to Blender. A perfect storm to fuck yourself over, and your supporters. It's not even a bad idea to start a company with multiple devs, it's just the timing and execution leave much to be desired here. Should've continued this project as is while starting new projects with the other devs.

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
I don't get it, what's the difference between this 5.121 and 5.7 beta?
Says 83 animations but when I look in the gallery it's the same 13 animations from 5.7 beta. Nothing new there.
Can anyone clarify this?

ReDive

Aug 9, 2022
I will never understand why so much success....
Models and multiple languages, many people buy because they see Julia on the cover, but do not know that the story is the same as shit.
And multiple languages allow the game to be accessed by people from different countries. Many Steam players only play games in their native language. If the games don't have their native language, they'd rather not play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srimanta

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Hey FreshMen, The team had a wonderful vacation, and we are back to work again full time until July.
FreshWomen is exceeding my expectations by 10 times.
We are the #1 on gross revenue for games tagged as "NSFW" + "Mature" + "Sexual Content" on Steam for the last 3 months.
This gives us a strong financial situation to focus on long-term goals instead of fighting to survive another month.
I can also see that we made the day of thousands of people a little better with our creative work.
Getting Better Each Day
To grow and improve, I had to stop doing the things that I was comfortable doing, and learn new activities.
I successfully delegated most of my old tasks:
  • Program 3D tools → We have a new programmer for that
  • Progress Dashboards → We have a new programmer for that, too
  • Web Applications → A full-time programmer is now on the job
  • Recruiting and managing the FreshWomen Team → f1r3 is taking care of that
  • Design the visual of the girls → The writers are taking care of that.
I still have to delegate some of these tasks:
  • Game Engine programming
  • Translation tools programming
  • Repeatable Marketing activities
And my tasks will be focused on planning the future:
  • Doing more of things that are working
  • Doing less of things that are not working
  • Bringing the right people to the team
BIG GOAL: 3 games for 2023
Our biggest goal for 2023 is to be able to have 3 games being developed at the same time.
  • FreshWomen - Season 2
  • Fantasy Project
  • __________________ (Another project that I'll select soon)
It's a long journey, and I'm sure some people would rather that we do otherwise, but I strongly believe this is the best decision for the long run.
Thanks for believing in us
I'm really excited to continue working for you.
Cheers,
Oppai-Man

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
If someone can share this patreon post:

A new artist upgraded Julia to our new 3D tools. I want your feedback to know if it's good and if we can make it even better.Leave your comm...

sarfid

Apr 15, 2018
I just spent hours playing this game this afternoon, the plot was very well done, all the characters, I really missed such a good game, every detail was very well thought out and I'm looking forward to the sequels

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
They want to work on 3 games? That does not bode well for the future of this game. Didn't they supposedly hire more people to work on this game? And based on what I can tell updates haven't been released any faster. Hell, they may have even slowed down.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks. Some png files aren't admitted by this site, you need to convert them to jpg, if you want to upload them here.
She looks a lot more cartoony, in my opinion.
Those renders have more depth and three-dimensionality, that makes her look more like a real doll. Perhaps that's why you think she looks more cartoonish, she is more comparable to real life than before but at the same time she still doesn't look like a real human, more like a realistic doll. That's known as "The Uncanny Valley".

The weird thing is that they are asking about the new Julia until now, like if they haven't done renders with her in the new episode still. So, it seems that the update is very far away.

Reactions: DeliteDouche

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
this might even be the best choice for the business. but they are making a big mess of this game with so many changes
if they have the ambition to do so many new projects they couldn't have left this game as it started (which was great success) and have made all the changes they wanted to in one of the new projects

4.50 star(s) 546 Votes