Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm just wondering if this mod still works with the latest update. The game looks very interesting. I am looking forward to playing this.
If it doesn't have the same numeric designation, then there will be conflicts. Mods gnerally have to incorporate any changes to the coding and expand to cover new content. If, for example, a mod includes a gallery, the old version won't pull in the new scenes; if it does a walkthrough, it will not have data on the choice implications. It may not break the game, but it won't do anything to help you along (if it works at all) for anything beyond the release for which it was made.

Reactions: PussyDelendaEst

bkbigguy

Jun 21, 2018
great game so far.. I have a big question for you smart people, in these Ren'py games Where is the main save area so I can wipe all saves at once off and start over! Please!

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
great game so far.. I have a big question for you smart people, in these Ren'py games Where is the main save area so I can wipe all saves at once off and start over! Please!
C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Name of the game

Reactions: Ukghar

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
One thing to consider - if you want to wipe your saves but not your experience (so that you can skip easily if that is your choice) don't delete the "persistent" file.

Reactions: bkbigguy

bkbigguy

Jun 21, 2018
One thing to consider - if you want to wipe your saves but not your experience (so that you can skip easily if that is your choice) don't delete the "persistent" file.
Thanks ! I've been playing these games for years, the only way i found to erase those files is wipe harddrive reinstall o.s.

• Haha
Reactions: allanl9020142

whydoineedto

May 21, 2022
Hmm, so I was under the assumption that renpy saves were in the install folder, the one that says "Saves" :LOL:. Now I see there're 1.5GB of duplicate save folders in my SSD drive :HideThePain:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hmm, so I was under the assumption that renpy saves were in the install folder, the one that says "Saves" :LOL:. Now I see there're 1.5GB of duplicate save folders in my SSD drive :HideThePain:
Yup - the "portable" and the permanent.

I save off my played games to an external as a back up. there were a few times where I needed the "game folder" saves to patch in over what was in the Renpy file. Also, since the syntax is easy, you can always grab one, rename it, and have it available to do a restart/replay while keeping the new progress of the other version, or if you accidentally save your current progress in the wrong slot (been there, done that).

somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
Progress was fine until they decided to switch to Blender, they showed some renders after a few months a most of them were awful, AFAIK that's why there's no update yet.
Have they improved those awful renders yet? Afaik those were not made by the original 3D artist right? (In addition to being done in blender)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Have they improved those awful renders yet? Afaik those were not made by the original 3D artist right? (In addition to being done in blender)
If they do Chloe, and the other LI's dirty like that, this game is toast.

Blender renders always look terrible compared to Renpy. Does anyone know any decent AVN that uses blender and had good quality images, without the cartoony look of say MIST, for example?

I suspect the whole "moving to blender", is the 2023 version of "reworking my game", and is really just to buy time and collect sweet Patreon cash until this game is eventually abandoned, in 18 months or so (though some will still keep donating forever, haha).

somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
If they do Chloe, and the other LI's dirty like that, this game is toast.

Blender renders always look terrible compared to Renpy. Does anyone know any decent AVN that uses blender and had good quality images, without the cartoony look of say MIST, for example?

I suspect the whole "moving to blender", is the 2023 version of "reworking my game", and is really just to buy time and collect sweet Patreon cash until this game is eventually abandoned, in 18 months or so (though some will still keep donating forever, haha).
Ren’py is the game engine, not 3D rendering software. He probably rendered in Daz studio before.

Blender is on a technical level much better software, you can absolutely achieve gorgeous renders with Blender. Daz however is focused on its 3D asset store and making those assets really easy to use. In Daz you can very easily and quickly put in a character, dress them however you want, add accessories etc. Posing characters, applying presets, morphing them, animating them is all a lot less time consuming in Daz.

In Daz you basically make scenes with finished assets. In Blender you can make those assets a lot easier. In Blender you’re also very free to do things how you want. You can achieve higher quality renders in Blender, but the time invested is likely going to be significantly more.

The rendering engine in Blender (Eevee) is far faster than the one in Daz (iray). Talking about rendering time.

Blender itself is far more sophisticated than Daz with its tooling and possibilities. Just more time consuming to use. (Especially if they’ve only ever worked in Daz before)

So you basically put in more effort at the front, for faster results at the end. If a render doesn’t come out looking right it will be easier to fix. Things of that nature.

So Blender isn’t without its merits, however it does also have draw backs.

ztg1234

May 19, 2018
IDK since there's no news about the game since they revealed the first renders made with Blender. And AFAIK, they have a huge team, so multiple 3d artists, don't they ? I remember months ago the multiple recruitment posts on patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Ren’py is the game engine, not 3D rendering software. He probably rendered in Daz studio before.
Ha, yes. Of course I meant Daz.

So you basically put in more effort at the front, for faster results at the end. If a render doesn’t come out looking right it will be easier to fix. Things of that nature.

So Blender isn’t without its merits, however it does also have draw backs.
Thanks. I get that rendering engines are ultimately mostly due to the skill of the artist, but from what I have seen around here, blender-based games, while can be good, have a more artificial cartoony look compared to Daz. It surely like you say, Daz has loads of prebuilt models, most of which look very very good with no editing needed, whereas Blender takes much more artistic skill to get the same or even better results.

Certainly no reasonable person can say that the new blender-based Chloe is an improvement. Version one looks great, blender-Chloe looks hideous.

I still think, though, that this is surely a stalling maneuver. Oh well, another one bites the dust, it appears.

The number of devs that can take a successful game, and keep doing what the fans enjoy, is shrinking dramatically. Devs seem to fall into 2 categories now:

1) Still trying to make it, so they actually try to make their games successful with at least semi-regular updates of consistent quality

2 ) Have made it, once they hit about $2K+ in monthly Patron donations, time to start stalling, so they can keep from losing too many subscribers without actually having to work (WVM is the quintessential modern case, but there are many, many, other examples).

Reactions: Punto

somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
IDK since there's no news about the game since they revealed the first renders made with Blender. And AFAIK, they have a huge team, so multiple 3d artists, don't they ? I remember months ago the multiple recruitment posts on patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like a 2013 ps4 game, instead of the ps5 renders we got before!

4.50 star(s) 546 Votes