lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Hey FreshMen, The team had a wonderful vacation, and we are back to work again full time until July.
FreshWomen is exceeding my expectations by 10 times.
We are the #1 on gross revenue for games tagged as "NSFW" + "Mature" + "Sexual Content" on Steam for the last 3 months.
This gives us a strong financial situation to focus on long-term goals instead of fighting to survive another month.
I can also see that we made the day of thousands of people a little better with our creative work.
Getting Better Each Day
To grow and improve, I had to stop doing the things that I was comfortable doing, and learn new activities.
I successfully delegated most of my old tasks:
  • Program 3D tools → We have a new programmer for that
  • Progress Dashboards → We have a new programmer for that, too
  • Web Applications → A full-time programmer is now on the job
  • Recruiting and managing the FreshWomen Team → f1r3 is taking care of that
  • Design the visual of the girls → The writers are taking care of that.
I still have to delegate some of these tasks:
  • Game Engine programming
  • Translation tools programming
  • Repeatable Marketing activities
And my tasks will be focused on planning the future:
  • Doing more of things that are working
  • Doing less of things that are not working
  • Bringing the right people to the team
BIG GOAL: 3 games for 2023
Our biggest goal for 2023 is to be able to have 3 games being developed at the same time.
  • FreshWomen - Season 2
  • Fantasy Project
  • __________________ (Another project that I'll select soon)
It's a long journey, and I'm sure some people would rather that we do otherwise, but I strongly believe this is the best decision for the long run.
Thanks for believing in us
I'm really excited to continue working for you.
Cheers,
Oppai-Man
He really learned the greatest businessman ability: use a lot of words to talk about nothing at all and sell shit as if were gold.
Next step is learn another great businessman ability: never assume your mistakes and always put the blame in your employees. We will probably see this when they not delivery season two in this year.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Well, at least we got an update of some sort. No fucking release date for the next Freshwomen update other than 2023 though. It was meant to be in October, but now it is sometime this year. The update has a lot of words but it doesn't actually say anything.

All I'm concerned about is the increase in employees increasing the bureaucracy behind the creative process and causing plenty more issues. Adding a dozen new employees just means more time will have to be spent training them. Plus the swap to Blender just adds even more layers. Why fix what wasn't broken? They are also adding 2 new games, which just sounds like biting off more than you can chew. Will they cycle in updates?

I do like its look of Julia though. Significantly better than Chloe a month or two ago. However, if they are just releasing updates on Julia now, it appears that the next Freshwomen update is a long time away.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
"Our biggest goal for 2023 is to be able to have 3 games being developed at the same time"

So, you are another Inceton?

Inceton is working on
----------------------------------------------
Returning to Mia (Summer with Mia 2)

Lust Theory Season 2

Limits of Sky (episode 2)

LUSTYVERSE - SHACKBANG PART 1
-----------------------------------------------

That is a lame goal you have set. Just focus on one game at a time. What is the rush? It's like, Monkey see, Monkey do... I bought Season 1 on Steam and I think I am done with the series. Thank you.

Reactions: johndoe19

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
This is reminding me of the Dev from the game, Sylphine. He reworked the models, and reworked, and reworked and... he took people's money and dipped. So, yeah... once I hear "rework" I must stay away o.o
That game is still around ?
What is he doing now, a re-re-re-re-remake :ROFLMAO:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Rework is the kiss of death. Every game that has been reworked, with maybe one or two exceptions, are going to stall-mode, with endless excuses by the dev why the rework is taking longer than they thought (why not just release new content, hmm?), eventually to be abandoned when most the fans are finally fed up. There will always be a few patsies who continue to support the retired dev, I guess for the rest of his life, looking at some years old abandoned games around here that still have patrons.

Once you hear the word "rework" or "revise" or go the dev wanting to go back to old renders, the game is esenstially over. It seems that success is the worst thing to happen to an AVN from a player's perspective. Greed (almost) always wins.

Reactions: User1230

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Good thing this game isn't getting reworked. They finished what they call "Season 1", before changing up their workflow.

And if they think a new workflow will be better, then good for them. I don't know why people think there's a nefarious scheme behind that. It's not like supporting devs on Patreon comes with the promise of a tangible product (I wonder how many of the people complaining here are patrons anyway).
You can always just resub, when Season 2 finally takes off.

• Angry
Reactions: johndoe19

wuckfit123

Dec 12, 2019

We are on a very different financial situation from 2022, and we can now afford more features.One thing I love in games is high-quality voic...
Oh no.. I can already see it

Make good game --> Game gets success and money --> Dev gets overzealous, expands team, promises too much --> Development suffers from scope-creep and inefficiency --> Fans gets pissed, leave --> Revenue drops, Dev team cannot support itself --> Sub-par products, or abandon project

Really hope this doesn't happen. I like this game a lot so far

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Make good game --> Game gets success and money --> Dev gets overzealous, expands team, promises too much --> Development suffers from scope-creep and inefficiency --> Fans gets pissed, leave --> Revenue drops, Dev team cannot support itself --> Sub-par products, or abandon project
Why does this make me think of depressed crustaceans? But at least Oppai Man is at least trying to do the right thing:
  • people like the graphics, but think the writing is meh
  • is the writing bad enough that people stop playing? No
  • the dev makes the correct decision to not do a rewrite
  • the dev decides to expand the team so that they can make more graphics faster
  • the dev also tries to switch to another renderer to make more graphics faster, this move backfires
So it looks to me like the strategy is right, but some mistakes have been made at the operational stage. You can recover from operational errors.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Good thing this game isn't getting reworked. They finished what they call "Season 1", before changing up their workflow.

And if they think a new workflow will be better, then good for them. I don't know why people think there's a nefarious scheme behind that. It's not like supporting devs on Patreon comes with the promise of a tangible product (I wonder how many of the people complaining here are patrons anyway).
You can always just resub, when Season 2 finally takes off.
I don't know if anyone thinks something nefarious and malicious is occurring, it's just the same typical and predictable human behaviour of how these kinds of games go when they gather too much success for their own good.

If they want to change things up and they get better results out of it, then go for gold. I'm all for it. But since they have made these changes, they are already almost 3 months overdue from their initial release date, and their focus seems to be on these new games instead of finishing what they have already started. They might think a new workflow will be better but in terms of results, it isn't better thus far - it's worse.

Maybe it will be better later, and they will be churning out quality Freshwomen update every two months. Who knows?

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Why does this make me think of depressed crustaceans? But at least Oppai Man is at least trying to do the right thing:
  • people like the graphics, but think the writing is meh
  • is the writing bad enough that people stop playing? No
  • the dev makes the correct decision to not do a rewrite
  • the dev decides to expand the team so that they can make more graphics faster
  • the dev also tries to switch to another renderer to make more graphics faster, this move backfires
So it looks to me like the strategy is right, but some mistakes have been made at the operational stage. You can recover from operational errors.
I agree, I think they know what their strengths are with Freshwomen. My concern is by having three games running at once, plus a switch to Blender, they are biting off more than they can chew and the updates may slow down or drop in quality.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Current results (the is public, you can vote even if you're not a patron, but with a patreon account.)

Sin título.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: MikeOG
4.50 star(s) 546 Votes