SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Did you just pay the $2 dollars? So, it seems that the $2 dollars were to unlock the patreon info about the update, but not the links (like any other game).
Yes, this is the first time I've pledged to them. So it's only the $2.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Sorry, thanks for your effort. Does the payment system work as I described it in the post before this one?
It appears that way. So theoretically if I pledge another $15, I'll have access to the Beta. But I think I'm going to ask before I get ahead of myself. I can also ask about previous pledges stacking on the $17 minimum.

Reactions: ashitanojoe

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Oooh, so close! Any heroes present?

I wonder who will get some content in this update? I just hope that Julia has a scene.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Ep650BetaCover.png

Everyone

**Episode 6 Beta 50 is out NOW: Download Links Here!**

Hello, my dear Freshmen!

**Episode 6 Beta 50 is out now, and you can get it here: **

Just go to our site, log in using your Patreon account, and click on Episode 6's Claim Reward!
You'll be granted access through your Patreon Lifetime Donation, so if you are a long time supporter, just go to our website, log in and enjoy!

**If you didn't contribute enough, but bought Season 01 on Steam**, you can get it at a HUGE discount here by going here:

**Episode 6 Beta 50 has:**

- 30 minutes of fresh content;
- 532 4K renders;
- 25 animations, in glorious 60 FPS;
- All of this, made in our brand-new engine;
- Killer OST;
- Windows and Mac Versions (6Gb each)
- A Fresh Mystery;

After many months of hard work, making several improvements to our engine and developing the game, we're ready to share Beta 50% with you!

Please keep in mind that this is a Beta release. As we reviewed the content many times, there shouldn't be many rough edges, but if you find any, please let us know at <#Sem Acesso> channel. We would love to hear your opinions.

As always, thanks for your support and patronage! We hope you enjoy playing Episode 6 Beta 50 as much as we enjoyed making it!

(If you are having any troubles accessing Beta, there's a video guide to help you here:

See you soon,

f1r3

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
If it even is 30min at all, 532 renders are not that much, certainly not for the time they needed for it and honestly i couldn't care less if they are 4k...
Well the 4k pictures is a moot point really. Most people use 2k resolution, or there abouts, so fully releasing something in 4k is just a waste of bandwidth and the pictures will be automatically downsized to the screen native resolution anyway. With Daz it is good to render in 4k then downsize to 1920x1080 (super-sampling) to help deal with "noise" and is an alternative to AA s iirc DazStudio does not have it (One of the many reasons I prefer Blender for my rendering. Uses Anti-Aliasing).

Having things in 4k is a "Nice-to-have" but definitely not a key selling point.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
With Daz it is good to render in 4k then downsize to 1920x1080 (super-sampling) to help deal with "noise" and is an alternative to AA s iirc DazStudio does not have it (One of the many reasons I prefer Blender for my rendering. Uses Anti-Aliasing).
Aren't they already using Blender, starting with this update ?

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Aren't they already using Blender, starting with this update ?
Truth be told. I don't know as I have not paid THAT much close attention. Though it would explain the vastly superior lighting. However, if they have they don't need to render in 4k, at all, for the main game. They just need to tweak the indirect light clamping and all that jazz in Blender to deal with AA. Plus the denoiser in Blender is so much better than Daz's efforts. Iray is decent for something like substance painter to get a feel for things. But Cycles-x is just better imo for rendering.

WAID1337

Aug 23, 2019
Oh god, inb4 it's a shit engine with half the features of default Ren'Py. Hope I'm wrong
I don't think I saw anything about an engine change or I must've missed it. They're not switching away from Ren'Py but transitioning from Daz to Blender for art and animations. There were some previews shared of the new renders from Blender, including their first attempts. Curious what it'll look on the release.

4.50 star(s) 547 Votes