Nevermourned

Aug 20, 2017
(First off, allow me to once again say that I really, really enjoy being able to switch between being an evil bastard and a legitimate good guy? Love the ability to choose. I'll be interested to see how complex or mixed I can make it as well, though right now, I'm pretty much either being great, or evil. With that said...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
The game already comes with a patch.rpy in the game folder by default. Does replacing it with the taboo patch do anything or is it the same thing already? (PC ver)

BLuU637

May 18, 2021
Man I love the choices ---> consequences for the game. For the life of me I felt there's no way Ashe doesn't orgasm when MC and her have sex.... but I kept getting the "its okay I don't always cum" text.... it took a minute to find the combo. And it seems there are more than 3 endings for chapter 1?.... (I never did the assault route).... I only wish there was an option of HOW MUCH TO PAY Nicki. If you promised to give Nicki enough to pay for her OWN loans, then she can see how much of a P.O.S Brent is.... and maybe give a reason why someone you're so close to, constantly picks Brent over you. Like a family circumstance? It's hard to want to pursue Nicki "romantically" if she can choose Brent over her BFF/WORK HUSBAND

*EDIT*

Damn i love Gabby so much that I almost don't wanna netori her father.....

*almost*

Last edited:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
WOW just WOW NICE ROUTE is REALLY NICE... i like this path...
Thanks! That's very encouraging to hear. I know a lot of people play the game for dark content, but I honestly try to make the good path just as sexy and full-featured. I honestly love romcoms, slice of life manga, and that kind of thing. So, writing actual, flirty romance is super fun for me. The balcony scene you get if you're nice with Ashe is one of my favorites in the update.

Mc can help Gabby out by seducing and making Brittani cheat on Gabby's ex, and then Gabby can pretend to want to get back together with her ex only to cuck him while she has fun with mc ;). But yeah, I love her look, love the hair, love her personality where she's my personal fave in this game.
I'm glad Gabby is getting so much love! She was the first character I teased after Nicki, and reactions weren't kind.. (;-_-) But, I felt like she'd win people over, once they could see her personality.

Great update.

Loved Ashe, a bit dizzy bimbo blonde is always a great choice :giggle:. Grape in the alley scene was surprisingly fun. Cordial scenes in both alley and condo were great too because of dirty talk and options to push her boundaries and make uncomfortable. Reluctant scene at condo is probably my favourite this update. Just accepting being used like that, what a good little slut. Although that scene felt a bit dry, more options to get a reaction from her would be nice. Slapping, choking or starting filming from the beggining rather than only at the end. Roughly grabbing tits and/or pinching nipples maybe? When you show us a girl with a nice rack like that its a good idea to make mc interact with them titties during sex.

Gabby and Madison both have potential I think. At first I kinda wished they were blood related as it would make pushy/dark scenes involving both of them later in the game hit harder. But I guess dev managed to write protective/motherly dynamic between them even without being related by blood. I hope there will be a lot of fun shit with them later on. Madison reluctantly spreading Gabbys asscheeks for us on darker path. ;) Make Gabby watch as mc rails Madison with the usual name calling, slapping and choking maybe. Madisons reaction to potential race play between mc and Gabby would be interesting too. Also would be fun if mc will stumble upon or track down Gabbys real mom for his usual shenanigans and show all that to Gabby on video or in person. She did want a postcard from her mom, we can make it happen. :KEK:

I hope Madisons husband is not going to jail for now and his arrest is just more leverage for mc to have over their family. Gotta have him occasionally nearby while we fuck his wife and daughter. :KEK:

I know Brittani will probably be a very minor character but I hope we will get a few options with her too. Not just fuck her to make Gabby feel better but also fuck her to make Gabby feel worse. :KEK:

Looking forward to next update. :giggle:

edit: I think there is a bug. Ashe continues to blow you in the alley when some random guy interrupts you only if her points are equal 2. I think it should be equal or more than 2 instead.
Thanks so much for the thorough comment! I thought the reluctant scene came out really hot - glad you liked it! As for why it wasn't a little more forceful, I initially planned for it to be part of the general release. But, after I finished it I got gun-shy about it, and decided to err on the side of caution.

I was thinking about doing a little between-chapters update for the game, adding an extra position to each of Ashe's condo scenes. Maybe she can put her assets to use. This thread needs the tit-job tag!

No big spoilers, but Brittani may end up being more of a main character than originally planned.. Ashe wasn't slated to be a main character, but once I started writing her, I had too much fun and had to expand her role. I like where your head's at on future content! Here's some full and partial renders I did as kind of early "vision boarding."

As for the bug - it's only possible to accumulate a maximum of two "happy points" for Ashe by then, so it shouldn't matter.. I didn't encounter any kind of bugs where the numbers accidentally stacked if I rolled the game back or anything. But yeah, I'm honestly not sure why I coded it like that. Must've been before I had my coffee. I'll fix it for the next release.

Wow.. a game that allows me to fulfill my dark fantasies. Wonderful!!! Anyone know any other game with similar theme?
Check out The Regional Manager by HorizonticalStudios, and Banking on Bella by Pablo3000. Two of my personal faves, and both huge inspirations to Friends in Need.

(First off, allow me to once again say that I really, really enjoy being able to switch between being an evil bastard and a legitimate good guy? Love the ability to choose. I'll be interested to see how complex or mixed I can make it as well, though right now, I'm pretty much either being great, or evil. With that said...

Thanks! It's never made sense to me that just because you're a dick to one person you'll be a dick to everyone.

The game already comes with a patch.rpy in the game folder by default. Does replacing it with the taboo patch do anything or is it the same thing already? (PC ver)
It's in the patch notes - overwrite the existing patch file. :)

Humor and rape - did I miss something?
Well, like life, Friends in Need contains multitudes. Just because something bad happens, doesn't mean something good can't also happen. It's like laughing at a funeral. In addition, you can play the entire game as a straight romance/dating sim, and never dip into the dark areas of the game.

To hop up on my soapbox for a minute - I think a lot of people misunderstand my intentions for this game. This isn't a woman-hating simulator, or a rape game. It's a game about choices, and what comes after those choices. And it's a game about people in disadvantaged situations, who are most at risk for abuse, but who'd also most benefit from kindness. It's up to the player what they want to bring to the world.

jkjkjkjkjk

Feb 23, 2020
Hope there is an Ashe solo romance route. Get it's almost the opposite of what this game is but couldn't help but fall for her seems like the perfect lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
Hey dev, just wanted to say that this update is a major improvement over the first. While Chapter 1 dives right into the core aspect of what this game will be (the decision between moral and immoral) and gives us a quick overview of the themes by having a girl immediately show up on our doorstep and, after a short backstory, decide how we want to play this, Chapter 2 iterates on this by expanding the scope of the game with the charitable foundation, the different ways and environments we can meet Ashe, foreshadowing for a future sister, and setting up a longer, overarching storyline with the book store. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Chapter 1 is bad. It's a perfectly fine intro for the game, so players know what they're getting into. But I'm glad that Chapter 2 is expanding in scope and plot rather than repeat basically the same scene from Chapter 1 with different women, which is what a worse dev might have done.

I'm glad Gabby is getting so much love! She was the first character I teased after Nicki, and reactions weren't kind.. (;-_-) But, I felt like she'd win people over, once they could see her personality.
That is really surprising, because Gabby is far and away my favourite character in the game now. Both in terms of design (might just be my preference for alt-girls) and in personality, as well with the storylines being set up for her (both in the nice and in the dark path). Hoping the next update features her as well!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Man I love the choices ---> consequences for the game. For the life of me I felt there's no way Ashe doesn't orgasm when MC and her have sex.... but I kept getting the "its okay I don't always cum" text.... it took a minute to find the combo. And it seems there are more than 3 endings for chapter 1?.... (I never did the assault route).... I only wish there was an option of HOW MUCH TO PAY Nicki. If you promised to give Nicki enough to pay for her OWN loans, then she can see how much of a P.O.S Brent is.... and maybe give a reason why someone you're so close to, constantly picks Brent over you. Like a family circumstance? It's hard to want to pursue Nicki "romantically" if she can choose Brent over her BFF/WORK HUSBAND
I'm kind of glad that you got caught on Ashe's inability to get off! :ROFLMAO: I added so many variables to this chapter, never knowing if players would see some of them. And it's more like 3.5 endings for Chapter One. There's a financial domination route that you can play as either a fun bit of roleplaying between friends, or a sincere attempt to dominate and demean. The former leads to the good ending, the latter leads to the humiliation/angry ending.

Honestly, this is another reason I'd like to go back and expand on that first chapter. I wrote it with the intention that it could be a stand-alone game, so it rushes past a lot of the character stuff, to get right to the sex. If I decide to do a remaster of the chapter, there'd be a good deal more set-up/time at the store, before the big reveal of MC's good fortune.

Hope there is an Ashe solo romance route. Get it's almost the opposite of what this game is but couldn't help but fall for her seems like the perfect lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets.
I'm going to try to write it so you can just pursue one girl, giving you the option to bypass girls on a case by case basis. I also have all kinds of plans for future dates and stuff like that. Plus, , for the next time Ashe shows up.. ;)

Hey dev, just wanted to say that this update is a major improvement over the first. While Chapter 1 dives right into the core aspect of what this game will be (the decision between moral and immoral) and gives us a quick overview of the themes by having a girl immediately show up on our doorstep and, after a short backstory, decide how we want to play this, Chapter 2 iterates on this by expanding the scope of the game with the charitable foundation, the different ways and environments we can meet Ashe, foreshadowing for a future sister, and setting up a longer, overarching storyline with the book store. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Chapter 1 is bad. It's a perfectly fine intro for the game, so players know what they're getting into. But I'm glad that Chapter 2 is expanding in scope and plot rather than repeat basically the same scene from Chapter 1 with different women, which is what a worse dev might have done.

That is really surprising, because Gabby is far and away my favourite character in the game now. Both in terms of design (might just be my preference for alt-girls) and in personality, as well with the storylines being set up for her (both in the nice and in the dark path). Hoping the next update features her as well!
Thanks so much! That's very kind. I wanted this update to go big out of the gate, and really immerse people in the world. It's my goal to keep building on things in an organic way, without ever resorting to cheap plot twists or fantastic elements. Next update should be fun, with lots of focus on Nicki, Gabby, and Madison, as well as further developments with Cassie.

And hell yeah, another for the Gabby fan-club! I should really make some signatures for the girls. :unsure:

Ron4164

Jul 31, 2018
I'm kind of glad that you got caught on Ashe's inability to get off! :ROFLMAO: I added so many variables to this chapter, never knowing if players would see some of them. And it's more like 3.5 endings for Chapter One. There's a financial domination route that you can play as either a fun bit of roleplaying between friends, or a sincere attempt to dominate and demean. The former leads to the good ending, the latter leads to the humiliation/angry ending.

Honestly, this is another reason I'd like to go back and expand on that first chapter. I wrote it with the intention that it could be a stand-alone game, so it rushes past a lot of the character stuff, to get right to the sex. If I decide to do a remaster of the chapter, there'd be a good deal more set-up/time at the store, before the big reveal of MC's good fortune.

I'm going to try to write it so you can just pursue one girl, giving you the option to bypass girls on a case by case basis. I also have all kinds of plans for future dates and stuff like that. Plus, , for the next time Ashe shows up.. ;)

Thanks so much! That's very kind. I wanted this update to go big out of the gate, and really immerse people in the world. It's my goal to keep building on things in an organic way, without ever resorting to cheap plot twists or fantastic elements. Next update should be fun, with lots of focus on Nicki, Gabby, and Madison, as well as further developments with Cassie.
A
I don't mind devious mind games, but I persnally don't want to see slapping, choking, pinching, etc. as it's the opposite of sexy, and if it happens I'll opt out. So if you are thinking of doing this as a poster mentions above, please make it optional.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Are we locked into a path or can we pick and choose with each girl?

i.e. If we go full dark, it's full dark with every girl? Or can we go loving with one, dark with another, middling with the next etc.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I don't mind devious mind games, but I persnally don't want to see slapping, choking, pinching, etc. as it's the opposite of sexy, and if it happens I'll opt out. So if you are thinking of doing this as a poster mentions above, please make it optional.
I think it's optional in every instance, though I couldn't swear to it. This stuff all tends to blend together. Typically, if you're on the bad route and you get a choice to do something mean, I give you a less severe option, too.

That said, this update features a girl who likes to be degraded and dominated, so if you choose not to dirty-talk her, you won't get her full points, causing you to miss a little bit of content. But, you can still ultimately get her into bed.

Are we locked into a path or can we pick and choose with each girl?

i.e. If we go full dark, it's full dark with every girl? Or can we go loving with one, dark with another, middling with the next etc.
The choice is yours with each girl. But, if your character does enough bad actions with other girls, he accumulates his own "dark" points, which starts to color his view of the world. This is to avoid having him act kind of schizophrenic, where he's super sweet with one girl, and then a complete asshole with another. Here's a quick example:

Reactions: Tumai and VepsrP

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
This is my first time playing this game, and I see there is no incest in this game, but there is a patch. What does this patch change? :unsure:

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes