EvasionYT

Jan 6, 2021
Best sub-forum for this sort of question is https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/

AMD cards are not supported by IRAY hardware rendering, so they are basically useless for Daz3d. You can use them for other programs like Blender, but blender needs a lot more experience and pain tolerance to get used to and get good results.

RTX3060 (especially the 12gb version if you can find it) is a good card to start with. 3070 will give more render speed, but perhaps not worth the price increase, especially if you are limited to 10gb or 8gb. (lower GPU VRAM will restrict how many figures with hi-res textures you can have in a scene before it cannot fit in the GPU memory, and fallback to sloooooow CPU render)

faster CPU and more main RAM help improve the Daz3d user experience a little (especially loading and saving scenes), but make almost no difference to the rendering speed.
So instead of a 3070 I should get a 3060? I also game aswell. And when I say game I don't mean eSports games, I mean graphically intensive games. I cannot agree more though, Nvidia fucked us with that vram decrease. Although I can just import the Daz environment with characters positioned to blender and render there 10x faster with easier animation tools than daz. And since it's already positioned there really isn't much of a learning curve. Although you could have more experience than me so I'm going off of basic assumptions

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
A great game with multiple paths. Renders are decent and the developer seems to be putting a lot of work into them. I am excited for future releases for Friends in Need and I hope it goes on for many years introducing new females to help or "help" depending on the path. I am seriously considering throwing this guy the $2 a month tier once I get paid.

Words of encouragement for the developer:
Please don't fall into the same paths other developers have made for themselves and make your game and yourself a financial success with lots of love and passion.

I think we can expect great things from you in the future, and what a glorious future it will be.

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
The game has potential but those Nicki faces really need to be remade, they make me want to call an exorcist. Another tip from me would be text outline for character names and different colours for each of them.

Reactions: Burgh917 and Grelk

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
The game has potential but those Nicki faces really need to be remade, they make me want to call an exorcist. Another tip from me would be text outline for character names and different colours for each of them.
Funny you should mention that…

D3776EC2-C3C2-4E06-A2B0-E6CF0D5A97A2.png
And yeah, I’m working on some further GUI improvements. The purple names on the new text box were bugging me, too.

For anyone not following me on Patreon, I’m doing a mini-game over there that I’m using to teach myself some new stuff, and provide a special reward to high tier patrons. So far I’ve learned how to do rudimentary animations and add music/SFX, which should be really beneficial to the development of FiN.

Omegablade21

Jun 16, 2020
Definitely did NOT make me want to take advantage of her so mission accomplished I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Why did that scene end so abruptly with Gabby?
Because her step-mom came home? MC is Chaotic Good/Evil, not Chaotic Stupid. *SHRUG*

Honest answer is that, a lot of people were put off by how fast things moved with Nicki, and then I did the same with Ashe. Gabby is an attempt at a slightly more slow burn relationship.

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
Wow, I'm the odd man out in that I loved the way Nikki looks. There's an awkwardness to her, she's not a goddamned sculpted beauty you can find in practically every other game where they're all super models. She makes a bunch of over exaggerated expressions and they're cute. She's the tomboy being forced into a bad situation where she's trying her best but it's all still kinda weird. She's not meant to be a vixen, at least that's the way it came across to me.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Wow, I'm the odd man out in that I loved the way Nikki looks. There's an awkwardness to her, she's not a goddamned sculpted beauty you can find in practically every other game where they're all super models. She makes a bunch of over exaggerated expressions and they're cute. She's the tomboy being forced into a bad situation where she's trying her best but it's all still kinda weird. She's not meant to be a vixen, at least that's the way it came across to me.
You’re on the money! She’s a girl who’s not used to being sexy, wearing the only vaguely feminine things she owns. Honestly, I’m still wrestling with the idea of redoing the first chapter. I love Horizontical’s art for it, but the first chapter had to reuse a lot of art across the three paths, due to how it was made. Redoing it would let me do more stuff with the story at the outset, building up Nicki and MC’s relationship, add more variety to the sexual content, and keep MC’s model consistent, since he got tweaked a little in chapter two.

I probably wouldn’t make Nicki quite as vivacious as she is in that pic up above, but I was toying with the idea that it’d be easier for MC to take advantage of her, when she doesn’t look anything like herself. Also, I wanted to show how much makeup and hair can totally change a person, since that’s the exact same model as the one used in the first chapter.

In any event, if I decide to go ahead with changing the first chapter, I’ll likely put the proposed changes to my patrons, before I pull the trigger.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
She’s one of my faves! Her “good” route is so fun to write. You’ll be seeing a lot more of her soon. As well as.. the dreaded Brittani-with-an-I!

View attachment 1889266
Mc can help Gabby out by seducing and making Brittani cheat on Gabby's ex, and then Gabby can pretend to want to get back together with her ex only to cuck him while she has fun with mc ;). But yeah, I love her look, love the hair, love her personality where she's my personal fave in this game.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Great update.

Loved Ashe, a bit dizzy bimbo blonde is always a great choice :giggle:. Grape in the alley scene was surprisingly fun. Cordial scenes in both alley and condo were great too because of dirty talk and options to push her boundaries and make uncomfortable. Reluctant scene at condo is probably my favourite this update. Just accepting being used like that, what a good little slut. Although that scene felt a bit dry, more options to get a reaction from her would be nice. Slapping, choking or starting filming from the beggining rather than only at the end. Roughly grabbing tits and/or pinching nipples maybe? When you show us a girl with a nice rack like that its a good idea to make mc interact with them titties during sex.

Gabby and Madison both have potential I think. At first I kinda wished they were blood related as it would make pushy/dark scenes involving both of them later in the game hit harder. But I guess dev managed to write protective/motherly dynamic between them even without being related by blood. I hope there will be a lot of fun shit with them later on. Madison reluctantly spreading Gabbys asscheeks for us on darker path. ;) Make Gabby watch as mc rails Madison with the usual name calling, slapping and choking maybe. Madisons reaction to potential race play between mc and Gabby would be interesting too. Also would be fun if mc will stumble upon or track down Gabbys real mom for his usual shenanigans and show all that to Gabby on video or in person. She did want a postcard from her mom, we can make it happen. :KEK:

I hope Madisons husband is not going to jail for now and his arrest is just more leverage for mc to have over their family. Gotta have him occasionally nearby while we fuck his wife and daughter. :KEK:

I know Brittani will probably be a very minor character but I hope we will get a few options with her too. Not just fuck her to make Gabby feel better but also fuck her to make Gabby feel worse. :KEK:

Looking forward to next update. :giggle:

edit: I think there is a bug. Ashe continues to blow you in the alley when some random guy interrupts you only if her points are equal 2. I think it should be equal or more than 2 instead.

Last edited:

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
Definitely seems like my type of game so I'll check it out - choices that change relationships are probably the part of the game that I enjoy the most, but you need good looking girls to compliment the need for an approach, and this game has this too.

Reactions: NeonGhosts

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Wow.. a game that allows me to fulfill my dark fantasies. Wonderful!!! Anyone know any other game with similar theme?

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes