Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
I am not a fan of remaking stuff either (and I like how mc can wreck Nicki right from the start), but I think I understand where Neon intentions are coming from. chapter one's art was commissioned, and the story was pretty much a proof of concept, so to make it truly his work he wants to make new art and give its story more longevity. I'll say its better he will do it now, then if it will bug him for years to come lol

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Just played the dark path for the first time. I ended up loving all the paths. Any chance of finding a partner in crime for that path? Maybe molding Brittani into it or something? She seemed to enjoy being the devil during that photoshoot. :D
Well, dev already replied with girl that I guess will play that part :devilish: But besides just other wicked evil characters like our friendly neighborhood Guy, the only other way it would work imo is girls that are very, very easily suggestible and fearful. Nicki and Brittani come to mind, but they would absolutely hate it. I think Brittani just got too ahead of herself on accident in that shoot, don't think she wanted to hurt or irritate Nicki :LOL: In fact, I'm not even sure they would go through with witnessing MC's evils tbh... feel like they'd maybe run away or contact authorities if it got bad enough, but no one knows the characters better than dev ofc, so maybe I have wrong idea.

Also, to all you negative nancys out there who are worried about remake bogging, shame on you :p I'll bet you Gabbi's virginity that we'll get a remade chp. 1 as well as chp. 4 part 3 (Ashe's date) in, what, 4 months (?) before proceeding to chp. 5 as normal :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I wonder what's going to be different in the remade chapters, Will some dialogue be changed or edited or different renders you know that sort of thing?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I am not a fan of remaking stuff either (and I like how mc can wreck Nicki right from the start), but I think I understand where Neon intentions are coming from. chapter one's art was commissioned, and the story was pretty much a proof of concept, so to make it truly his work he wants to make new art and give its story more longevity. I'll say its better he will do it now, then if it will bug him for years to come lol
Just hope they don't get in to something I've seen happen with this kind of thing before, a perpetual remake/tweak/improve loop, seen it happen too many times before.
But yeah, if they're going to do it, they may as well do it now while it's relatively early game.

Reactions: Sombramain22

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I wonder what's going to be different in the remade chapters, Will some dialogue be changed or edited or different renders you know that sort of thing?
100% will be different renders and we'll get more content showing MC and Nicki's friendship (something I'm sure you'll love based on what you've posted here :LOL:), he's said that much if my memory isn't failing. He also said he was going to pull the reigns back a bit on some of the scenes, so I guess things won't get as extreme? For believability/pacing or something? TBH I'm not sure what precisely he meant, so all we can do is guess until then. No more rape from patch author? No more slapping/shouting? No anal? As for findom, a nicer version? Who knows. Probably mostly affects the patched version if I had to guess.

Reactions: Joshy92

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
100% will be different renders and we'll get more content showing MC and Nicki's friendship (something I'm sure you'll love based on what you've posted here :LOL:), he's said that much if my memory isn't failing. He also said he was going to pull the reigns back a bit on some of the scenes, so I guess things won't get as extreme? For believability/pacing or something? TBH I'm not sure what precisely he meant, so all we can do is guess until then. No more rape from patch author? No more slapping/shouting? No anal? As for findom, a nicer version? Who knows. Probably mostly affects the patched version if I had to guess.
The dev also said we'd be able to get on her friend path at the start also. Which is what I prefer.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

karrek

May 14, 2017
Just hope they don't get in to something I've seen happen with this kind of thing before, a perpetual remake/tweak/improve loop, seen it happen too many times before.
But yeah, if they're going to do it, they may as well do it now while it's relatively early game.
I've seen my share of that too, but I'm not too worried in this instance. As Joshy said, there's a lot that stands out about Chapter 1, including that it was made to be standalone if necessary, so it makes sense to redo it to bring it more in line with the rest of the chapters now that the game has caught on and it's being developed on an ongoing basis. The other chapters were all developed as part of the ongoing story from the get-go, so there's not the same incentive to revisit them. Chapter 1 is the only one that doesn't fit quite as well.

I also trust Neon's judgment, based on the directions he's gone with it so far.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
More Nicki content, I'm already excited lol

• Yay, new update!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Be careful retouching past chapters, too many devs end trapped in the infinite loop of remaking the same content over and over. Better to go forward and redo things once the main story is over imo.
Viola romance path ftw by the way :giggle:
I'm definitely looking at this as a one-time deal. It'll just be a redo of Chapter One, fixing/clarifying a few things with Ashe and Gabby that result from their poorly-coded interactions in Chapter Two, and cleaning up all the variables in the game. Lots of coding, and a little bit of rendering.

But, it'll basically be a whole new update. And afterwards, I'll launch it on Itchio with the goal of expanding the player-base.

Yeahhh, I don't want to get into it too much.. But, the beginning of the game will definitely be built out a bit more. We'll get more of MC and Nicki's interactions before their fateful meeting at his condo. We'll get some more Brent. We'll see an earlier intro for Carolina, as well as a glimpse at the breakfast place Pepper works at, before MC bought it. Nicki's sex scene will be bigger and more diverse in terms of content and options, and the ending will have more of a proper ending with MC formally creating his charity. I never really liked how the first chapter just ends with him deciding to do it. Kinda made it easy to miss, if people Ctrl-skip through the dialogue.

As far as content, it'll be a little different on all paths. But if people like what I've done in the chapters since Chapter One, hopefully they'll extend me a little trust in this area.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey guy did we talk about if this is coming to steam in the future .I can't remember if i asked if it was coming to steam or not lol

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm definitely looking at this as a one-time deal. It'll just be a redo of Chapter One, fixing/clarifying a few things with Ashe and Gabby that result from their poorly-coded interactions in Chapter Two, and cleaning up all the variables in the game. Lots of coding, and a little bit of rendering.

But, it'll basically be a whole new update. And afterwards, I'll launch it on Itchio with the goal of expanding the player-base.

Yeahhh, I don't want to get into it too much.. But, the beginning of the game will definitely be built out a bit more. We'll get more of MC and Nicki's interactions before their fateful meeting at his condo. We'll get some more Brent. We'll see an earlier intro for Carolina, as well as a glimpse at the breakfast place Pepper works at, before MC bought it. Nicki's sex scene will be bigger and more diverse in terms of content and options, and the ending will have more of a proper ending with MC formally creating his charity. I never really liked how the first chapter just ends with him deciding to do it. Kinda made it easy to miss, if people Ctrl-skip through the dialogue.

As far as content, it'll be a little different on all paths. But if people like what I've done in the chapters since Chapter One, hopefully they'll extend me a little trust in this area.
So will it be recommended that the game be restarted once chapter one is redone? It seems like it would have cascading effects in terms of story even if it wouldn't bork the saves.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hey guy did we talk about if this is coming to steam in the future .I can't remember if i asked if it was coming to steam or not lol
I'd like to put it on there once it's finished, polished, has music, animations, etc. But, that's a ways off.

So will it be recommended that the game be restarted once chapter one is redone? It seems like it would have cascading effects in terms of story even if it wouldn't bork the saves.
Correct. I'm planning to use it to force everyone into a fresh start of the game. I hate to do it, but it's kind of the only way to avoid being dogged by some of the poor coding decisions I made early on.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like all the girls in the game so far (not as much as Nicki but everyone already knows she is my favourite lol)
Usually in games on this site there are atleast a couple of characters i don't like but like i said all the girls so far are pretty cool
I can't imagine being mean to a single one.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
I really like all the girls in the game so far (not as much as Nicki but everyone already knows she is my favourite lol)
Usually in games on this site there are atleast a couple of characters i don't like but like i said all the girls so far are pretty cool
yeah I can't imagine being mean too, thats why I choose all the rude options in the game to see how it is

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I think I'm going to wait on the rewrite. I stopped after the whole scene with Nicki, so, I don't know the other girls except from the screens that were posted.

Reactions: Joshy92
4.50 star(s) 190 Votes