Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm gonna be honest guys even if Nicki says later on she is ok with me being with other girls
I would respond "No thanks' baby You're the only one for me" or something cheesy like that lol

P.S. I do like the other girls but it's like Nicki is Iron man or Thor and the rest are Black Widow

Oct 10, 2022
I'm gonna be honest guys even if Nicki says later on she is ok with me being with other girls
I would respond "No thanks' baby You're the only one for me" or something cheesy like that lol

P.S. I do like the other girls but it's like Nicki is Iron man or Thor and the rest are Black Widow
I caught you again.;) Kaija will definitely murder your sorry ass. :geek::geek::geek:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
As for a bodyguard.. I mean, simple in some ways to add, yes. But that's an extra character in a lot of scenes. More time posing, more time rendering, less drama.. It'd be like giving Bruce Willis a SWAT team as back-up in Die Hard. The fun is in watching him solve the problem, not having someone else do it for him. Just my philosophy on it!

That said, if I keep drilling on the idea that MC isn't invulnerable, and isn't a great fighter, I'm probably doing it to make a point.
The bodyguard thing can be easy to solve. Imagine a retired CIA contractor or whatever with the physique of Mr.X being guy's driver. The guy doesn't need to participate in most scenes, he will be a presence in the back of the room ready to act when necessary.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

SecondOfSix

Jun 6, 2020
I get an error when the question of Maya's babysitter is brought up.
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
menu:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
"Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
menu:
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Friends in Need
Mon May 1 14:00:26 2023
```

Oct 10, 2022
I get an error when the question of Maya's babysitter is brought up.
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
menu:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
menu:
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\game\stuff\Friends_in_Need\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Friends in Need
Mon May 1 14:00:26 2023
```
There is an explanation from dev a few posts back, you can refer to that. Basically a variable name mix up, will be fixed in next update and so on.

karrek

May 14, 2017
Ooh, I just saw the update to the patreon post that there's an announcement coming May 1. Color me intrigued.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Ooh, I just saw the update to the patreon post that there's an announcement coming May 1. Color me intrigued.
It's nothing good or bad, really. I discussed it a bit on Discord, but in light of Itchio's recent crackdown on adult devs, I'm going to look at insulating the Patreon from potential harm by making sure I'm fully in line with their content policies.

In brief, the game will be split into an entirely vanilla version (Friends Indeed) and the version you know and love (Friends in Need). The former will be available on Patreon, and the latter on SubscribeStar.

Now of course there's nothing I can do that would prevent someone from creating a patch that restored full functionality to Friends Indeed to convert it into Friends in Need. That's out of my hands. But officially the Patreon will fund a version that has a script and image file missing anything that might be deemed potentially objectionable.

Development will continue as it has since the beginning. Nothing's changing vis a vis the story, or the type of content I want to deliver. This is solely about taking steps to ensure the longevity of the project, by avoiding any potential problems with Patreon.

I'll have more details later, but that's the long and short of it.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Yeah the amount of power payment service providers have nowadays is nuts.
Bullying other independent companies into subjection.

Too bad the media coverage on this won't be as huge as when they tried it with only fans.

Rooting for you and all the other content creators that you can keep earning your livelihood hassel free.

And thanks for your great AVN. I really like AVNs with multi paths leading to multi endings.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
It's nothing good or bad, really. I discussed it a bit on Discord, but in light of Itchio's recent crackdown on adult devs, I'm going to look at insulating the Patreon from potential harm by making sure I'm fully in line with their content policies.

In brief, the game will be split into an entirely vanilla version (Friends Indeed) and the version you know and love (Friends in Need). The former will be available on Patreon, and the latter on SubscribeStar.

Now of course there's nothing I can do that would prevent someone from creating a patch that restored full functionality to Friends Indeed to convert it into Friends in Need. That's out of my hands. But officially the Patreon will fund a version that has a script and image file missing anything that might be deemed potentially objectionable.

Development will continue as it has since the beginning. Nothing's changing vis a vis the story, or the type of content I want to deliver. This is solely about taking steps to ensure the longevity of the project, by avoiding any potential problems with Patreon.

I'll have more details later, but that's the long and short of it.
Yeah, tbh. I was surprised this hadn't been necessary yet. Only a matter of time before Patreon would crack down, so might as well get out ahead of it.

On the technical side of things, I assume it'll mean splitting "patch" content out from the script (along with the associated images?) and having them distributed separately. Manageable, but a bit more faff for players to integrate the two.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Yeah, tbh. I was surprised this hadn't been necessary yet. Only a matter of time before Patreon would crack down, so might as well get out ahead of it.

On the technical side of things, I assume it'll mean splitting "patch" content out from the script (along with the associated images?) and having them distributed separately. Manageable, but a bit more faff for players to integrate the two.
Yeah, precisely my thought. No reason to poke the bear.

I can't speculate on how the patch would work, but I'd assume that would be the case. In the past, I've given $15+ players advance looks at future chapters by offering a patch file that contained a script that replaced the existing one, and a folder full of images the script would refer to. Seems like something along those line would work.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes