PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hah, thanks! I've mentioned before that I'd really like to do a riff on Bad Bobby one day. I think I'd have a lot of fun playing in that little universe, and using some well-worn tropes of the genre. But as always, time remains the limiting factor.
lol, man that game... everyone wants to do a spinoff, so I guess that says something good about it, yet also something bad if u think about it (i.e. wasn't satisfying enough to play, whether lack of content or something else, so u feel the need to improve its many flaws; at least thats my interpretation). for me personally, it has good character models and a very good idea base, also one of my first games i discovered with nice darker content (or at least the promise of it), but damn is the execution pretty horrible. nothing kills a boner quicker than "free roam" repeating crap over and over looking for where you're supposed to go next, just ends up being wasteful padding so the dev can say "many hours of playtime" or w/e. many devs come and go promising to properly implement it, but, I could see u being the chosen one :LOL: in an alternate universe where u have the time, ofc :p

BountyBoy

Jan 20, 2020
What an incredible game! The story is gripping from the start, the characters are all interesting and rich in personality. The writing is precisely mastered, the themes reinforce this psychological/adult side sought. I really like the variety of options left to the reader and the impact it leads to.
I also hope that some choices made in previous chapters will have more or less visible consequences on the sequel (y)

Can't wait to find out what happens next, keep up the good work pal ;)

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
The next update should be a scene with Ashe and Viola, sex scene with Ashe and end with getting Mr. Barron out of jail with Gabby and Madison.
Correct! And time permitting, I'm going to add two more small scenes - one featuring Alex, and one with Risa.

lol, man that game... everyone wants to do a spinoff, so I guess that says something good about it, yet also something bad if u think about it (i.e. wasn't satisfying enough to play, whether lack of content or something else, so u feel the need to improve its many flaws; at least thats my interpretation). for me personally, it has good character models and a very good idea base, also one of my first games i discovered with nice darker content (or at least the promise of it), but damn is the execution pretty horrible. nothing kills a boner quicker than "free roam" repeating crap over and over looking for where you're supposed to go next, just ends up being wasteful padding so the dev can say "many hours of playtime" or w/e. many devs come and go promising to properly implement it, but, I could see u being the chosen one :LOL: in an alternate universe where u have the time, ofc :p
Hah! I have a weird view of that game, which boils down to: it's not good, but I like it! I think that as this whole genre has expanded and grown, Bad Bobby has remained this weird, quaint little project that somehow still tends to work. Like, the art is a little weird, it's laden with typos, and the story is very straightforward, but there's kind of a visceral appeal to it.

I'd planned to do a riff on the scene where Bobby discovers Lucy in the shower after a night of partying, but never really had the time to futz with it.

Tease001.png 12121.png

What an incredible game! The story is gripping from the start, the characters are all interesting and rich in personality. The writing is precisely mastered, the themes reinforce this psychological/adult side sought. I really like the variety of options left to the reader and the impact it leads to.
I also hope that some choices made in previous chapters will have more or less visible consequences on the sequel (y)

Can't wait to find out what happens next, keep up the good work pal ;)
Thank you! Too kind! :D

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Correct! And time permitting, I'm going to add two more small scenes - one featuring Alex, and one with Risa.
Risa is the thirsty receptionist at Guy's building but i don't remember Alex, who is she? My memory can be shitty for names sometimes. :FacePalm: :LOL:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Risa is the thirsty receptionist at Guy's building but i don't remember Alex, who is she? My memory can be shitty for names sometimes. :FacePalm: :LOL:
Alex is Nikki's archnemesis. She took umbrage at how nakedly Alex was flirting with Guy while installing the hot tub. It was memorable to me because Nikki made the funniest expression in the entire game when she was mocking her. It was like one of the Assholes from Spaceballs fucked Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka.

• Haha
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I don't know, man. I'm still stuck on the Ashe x Nicki long-term dilemma (if the game allows it). Hoping to see more of Ashe's tender side, if it ever arrives. Great stuff.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Alex is Nikki's archnemesis. She took umbrage at how nakedly Alex was flirting with Guy while installing the hot tub. It was memorable to me because Nikki made the funniest expression in the entire game when she was mocking her. It was like one of the Assholes from Spaceballs fucked Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka.
Oh now i remember that scene. :LOL:

exloladdict

Aug 13, 2022

Hah! I have a weird view of that game, which boils down to: it's not good, but I like it! I think that as this whole genre has expanded and grown, Bad Bobby has remained this weird, quaint little project that somehow still tends to work. Like, the art is a little weird, it's laden with typos, and the story is very straightforward, but there's kind of a visceral appeal to it.

I'd planned to do a riff on the scene where Bobby discovers Lucy in the shower after a night of partying, but never really had the time to futz with it.

View attachment 2627094 View attachment 2627093

Thank you! Too kind! :D
Where are those images from?

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
I'm surprised to see Bad Bobby in this thread. Aren't there several versions out there? Being able to catch shoplifters and blackmail them caught my attention, but nothing more. And that never finished being fully implemented either.

In any case, Bad Bobby and FiN are light years away. With FiN winning by far, obviously.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Where are those images from?
That's my unfinished Bad Bobby-inspired game, which I was calling Party Monster at the time. Because it takes place after a Halloween party. :D

What when? Is this on a dark path?
Sharing is putting it a bit strongly, maybe. But yes, if you force Brittani to continue the photoshoot after you wake up from getting sucker-punched by Jamie, and Nicki's on a dark path, you can have Nicki participate in the photoshoot as well. During which Brittani will grope and disrobe her, while she's in-character as a devil.

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
I get this error when Carolina asks me if I know anyone that can babysit Maya. If I click ignore, it continues as if I suggested to find someone online. Any ideas?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
    menu:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
    "Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
    menu:
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\Next Game\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\Next Game\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\Next Game\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\Next Game\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
    "Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Friends in Need 
Wed May 17 18:54:04 2023

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes