LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
Hey NeonGhosts there is a omitted variable for bri_fear on her nice paths. At the end of the nice options the variable bri_rel is there but not bri_fear. So when the conversation with Carolina comes up about a babysitter, an error pops up.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
    menu:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
    "Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined
To anyone looking for quick and dirty fix, open up the script.rpy in the game folder.

Edit the following line from this:
Code:
label ch4_britt_photoshoot:
    "Remembering your appointment with Brittani, you click your tongue."
To this:
Code:
    $ bri_fear = False
Load a save before the photoshoot and play normally. I haven't checked all of the script, but the dark paths appear to correctly change this to true where needed, its just the non-dark ones that are missing the variable entirely. However, by adding my suggested change at the very beginning of the scene, at least it there is no way to accidentally skip over the variable regardless of any choices made during the photoshoot scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeonGhosts

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Hey NeonGhosts there is a omitted variable for bri_fear on her nice paths. At the end of the nice options the variable bri_rel is there but not bri_fear. So when the conversation with Carolina comes up about a babysitter, an error pops up.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
    menu:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
    "Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined
To anyone looking for quick and dirty fix, open up the script.rpy in the game folder.

Edit the following line from this:
Code:
To this:
Code:
    $ bri_fear = False
Load a save before the photoshoot and play normally. I haven't checked all of the script, but the dark paths appear to correctly change this to false, its just the non-dark ones that are missing the variable. However, by adding my suggested change at the very beginning of the scene, at least it there is no way to accidentally skip over the variable regardless of any choices made during the photoshoot scene.
A better way to do this would be to use a default statement, that is how you are supposed to initialise variables. Create a new file with a .rpy extension and put default bri_fear = False in it.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hi Dev, any chance we will see the girl from student loan again? I would love her comeback.
I'd planned to have Riley appear in FiN, but people largely said they'd rather not see her in the game. Most people said they didn't want to take away the happy ending she potentially got with her Professor. But, I'd planned (and still plan) to do another mini-game with her. Just harder and harder to find the time right now. :'D

I think this developer could make a compelling game based on even that idea :LOL: Overused ideas aren't necessarily bad, it's all about the execution IMO.
Hah, thanks! I've mentioned before that I'd really like to do a riff on Bad Bobby one day. I think I'd have a lot of fun playing in that little universe, and using some well-worn tropes of the genre. But as always, time remains the limiting factor.

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
A better way to do this would be to use a default statement, that is how you are supposed to initialise variables. Create a new file with a .rpy extension and put default bri_fear = False in it.
Dev doesn't use Default for any of the variables, but bri_fear is first listed at the beginning of chapter 4. No idea, why renpy isn't picking that up from there.

Code:
label ch4_start:
    label ch4_variables:
        $ ash_abuse = 0
        $ ash_justfriends = False
        $ nicki_abuse = 0
        $ bridkpts = 0
        $ brirel = 0
        $ bri_fear = False
Sorry to ping you again NeonGhosts but you should probably take a look at on renpy's website. If I remember correctly, other devs have had issues with saves not properly storing variables because they did not use Default. It won't be a huge issue now, but once the game is big enough to split into multiple downloads it may mean not all save data would transfer properly.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Dev doesn't use Default for any of the variables, but bri_fear is first listed at the beginning of chapter 4. No idea, why renpy isn't picking that up from there.

Code:
label ch4_start:
    label ch4_variables:
        $ ash_abuse = 0
        $ ash_justfriends = False
        $ nicki_abuse = 0
        $ bridkpts = 0
        $ brirel = 0
        $ bri_fear = False
Sorry to ping you again NeonGhosts but you should probably take a look at on renpy's website. If I remember correctly, other devs have had issues with saves not properly storing variables because they did not use Default. It won't be a huge issue now, but once the game is big enough to split into multiple downloads it may mean not all save data would transfer properly.
I don't really care if he uses the default statement or not, it's still the proper way to do it and better than doing it at the beginning of the chapter like that. Also persistent data is something completely different, it is for storing data that is not associated with individual saves, but across all saves. A common use is for things like gallery unlocks that are not bound to individual saves.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
All good! I mentioned this when someone else brought it up, but I just.. Didn't know I could do that. So, I've added it to my big list of stuff to fix/integrate once I do the Chapter One reboot, and overhaul all the variables anyway.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
General FYI: I updated Patreon and SubStar at the $15+ tiers with preview content for the next build of the game. Features 220-230 total images, completing Viola's event, and giving the player the opportunity to have a little fun with Ashe in his car.
Oh god I loved Viola's scene. Watching the girls interact with each other is so satisfying!

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
General FYI: I updated Patreon and SubStar at the $15+ tiers with preview content for the next build of the game. Features 220-230 total images, completing Viola's event, and giving the player the opportunity to have a little fun with Ashe in his car.

View attachment 2621531
I love this picture. Can it be unlocked in multiple ways? Well, better not answer. We better play and we'll find out.

What I would like to know is if the next update will be just dinner with Ashe, or will it have more content. I think it was going to be a shorter update, to end the chapter. I don't know if you are adding more last minute scenes.

Parisatnight

Oct 10, 2017
I love this picture. Can it be unlocked in multiple ways? Well, better not answer. We better play and we'll find out.

What I would like to know is if the next update will be just dinner with Ashe, or will it have more content. I think it was going to be a shorter update, to end the chapter. I don't know if you are adding more last minute scenes.
It seems there is a scene with Viola too.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
The next update should be a scene with Ashe and Viola, sex scene with Ashe and end with getting Mr. Barron out of jail with Gabby and Madison.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes