NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Only just noticed this, and I have to ask; if the chapter one remake is going to require a new game, wouldn't it be better to get it out of the way as soon as possible? Putting out multiple updates before then that we're going to have to replay anyway doesn't seem like a good idea.
Well, I had a good reason for this, which gets increasingly silly as these updates get longer and longer..

Basically, my original plot bible/overview for the game ended with the conclusion of Chapter Four. The next two updates (Viola/Ashe, and Risa/Alex/Gabby/Mason) were meant to be the back half of Chapter Four: Part Two in my revised plans. Chapter Four ends on a big cliffhanger.

So, my thought was that I'd do the first four chapters, end on a big cliffhanger, and then take time to re-calibrate, see what was and wasn't working, and then go back to revise Chapter One and resolve anything else that was bothering me. Then Chapter Four basically grew into four chapters all on its own which is just.. So me.

But, I'm sticking with the plan, just because I've been building to a cliffhanger, and I want to get there.

But, worth mentioning:: when I redo Chapter One I plan to revise the whole chapter order a bit, and break things up with title cards. I think it looks kind of silly that I'll have done like seven chapters worth of content, but I'm still calling it Chapter Four: Part One/Two.

Haven't played 'Grandma's House' I guess. MILFs, GILFs and youngers, all different in terms of looks and personalities. Great game. ~Using spoiler as to not derail the convo.
I've heard nice things! But I'm really not a GILF lover, and the name is kind of an instant turn-off for me. Plus, I barely have time to play other games as it is. :'D My leisure time is largely spent reading or watching mindless TV shows.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, I had a good reason for this, which gets increasingly silly as these updates get longer and longer..

Basically, my original plot bible/overview for the game ended with the conclusion of Chapter Four. The next two updates (Viola/Ashe, and Risa/Alex/Gabby/Mason) were meant to be the back half of Chapter Four: Part Two in my revised plans. Chapter Four ends on a big cliffhanger.

So, my thought was that I'd do the first four chapters, end on a big cliffhanger, and then take time to re-calibrate, see what was and wasn't working, and then go back to revise Chapter One and resolve anything else that was bothering me. Then Chapter Four basically grew into four chapters all on its own which is just.. So me.

But, I'm sticking with the plan, just because I've been building to a cliffhanger, and I want to get there.

But, worth mentioning:: when I redo Chapter One I plan to revise the whole chapter order a bit, and break things up with title cards. I think it looks kind of silly that I'll have done like seven chapters worth of content, but I'm still calling it Chapter Four: Part One/Two.

I've heard nice things! But I'm really not a GILF lover, and the name is kind of an instant turn-off for me. Plus, I barely have time to play other games as it is. :'D My leisure time is largely spent reading or watching mindless TV shows.
I get that. I personally don't mind some GILF action. There's only one that's a forced LI and there really hasn't been any sex with her yet.

But, off that topic and back to FiN. So, you'll be adding Gabby and Mason every update yeah? At least a text? ;):p:ROFLMAO:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
why do you dev's do this to us ... remaking your games when they are awesome :unsure:
i mean its your game do with it as you want ... but its awesome as it is right now ....
if you do a remaster / remake .. whatever .. i can only hope it turns out as awesome as this 1st one :)
and to anwser i'm a granpa and love gilfs/milfs/lolis .... love them all ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Silence

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
why do you dev's do this to us ... remaking your games when they are awesome :unsure:
i mean its your game do with it as you want ... but its awesome as it is right now ....
if you do a remaster / remake .. whatever .. i can only hope it turns out as awesome as this 1st one :)
and to anwser i'm a granpa and love gilfs/milfs/lolis .... love them all ;)
There's really a few reasons.
  • I didn't render Chapter 1, and as a result it just looks a little different than the rest of the game. I'd like it to all be a bit more unified. Especially since it's the first thing people see when they play the game. Best foot forward, etc!
  • As a result of me not rendering that chapter, I had to cut corners when it came to the story, so certain elements didn't get the attention I feel they deserved. The revised chapter will delve into Nicki and MC's friendship, her relationship with Brent, MC's move into his condo, and his sense of discontent that arose during his time away from work.
  • The code for that first chapter is a bit of a mess, and people regularly ask why Nicki's reaction to you in Chapter 3 doesn't quite align with the way you treat her in Chapter 1. Or why some choices from Chapter 2/3 don't get properly referenced. The answer to all these is: Neon made dumb choices while coding.
I see the redone Chapter One as a chance to correct a lot of problems, while also making the first chapter a bit more lively and full of story details, and fixing/adding things like the variable list, gallery features, etc.

It's definitely not something I've decided to do on a whim. I recognize this as a common pitfall for developers, and it'll likely cause me to take a bit of a hit in the short-term. But, based solely on the number of people who've said things like, "Well, I didn't like the first chapter but luckily I kept playing and.." there's room for improvement, and better to do it now than later.

Plus, I'll keep the original version available as a stand-alone type of thing. Sort of a proof-of-concept demo.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
There will be. As of right now, there are some lewds with Nana, just no actual sex. A very slow burn and I have 0 issues with that.
TBH those games like WVM are fun and all... but the slow burn romance/corruption games draw me in way more...and if they have a compelling story and good writing on top...yes please...its why I like FiN so much...it balances the LIs well and isn't just MC living a perfect life... I am legit sad and happy Gabby broke up with MC, or how reluctant Pepper is to open up, it builds character....Even how apprehensive Nicki is with the MC due to her own inner demons she is working through...

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
TBH those games like WVM are fun and all... but the slow burn romance/corruption games draw me in way more...and if they have a compelling story and good writing on top...yes please...its why I like FiN so much...it balances the LIs well and isn't just MC living a perfect life... I am legit sad and happy Gabby broke up with MC, or how reluctant Pepper is to open up, it builds character....Even how apprehensive Nicki is with the MC due to her own inner demons she is working through...
I love FiN. Even if there was no girls that I liked, I would probably still play it. Good thing I have Gabby and Mason though. :p

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
I love FiN. Even if there was no girls that I liked, I would probably still play it. Good thing I have Gabby and Mason though. :p
Luckily FiN is a game where I am legit interesting in every character for one reason or another, whether it be because of the model, or because I am interested in the character arch... I would have to say Ashe and Nicki are my favs though...That is until his sister pops up, the anticipation is making me want her even with the lack of knowledge of her lol...she is soooo mysterious lol

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Luckily FiN is a game where I am legit interesting in every character for one reason or another, whether it be because of the model, or because I am interested in the character arch... I would have to say Ashe and Nicki are my favs though...That is until his sister pops up, the anticipation is making me want her even with the lack of knowledge of her lol...she is soooo mysterious lol
To me, Nicki IS the sister. As she reminds me of mine.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
There's really a few reasons.
  • I didn't render Chapter 1, and as a result it just looks a little different than the rest of the game. I'd like it to all be a bit more unified. Especially since it's the first thing people see when they play the game. Best foot forward, etc!
  • As a result of me not rendering that chapter, I had to cut corners when it came to the story, so certain elements didn't get the attention I feel they deserved. The revised chapter will delve into Nicki and MC's friendship, her relationship with Brent, MC's move into his condo, and his sense of discontent that arose during his time away from work.
  • The code for that first chapter is a bit of a mess, and people regularly ask why Nicki's reaction to you in Chapter 3 doesn't quite align with the way you treat her in Chapter 1. Or why some choices from Chapter 2/3 don't get properly referenced. The answer to all these is: Neon made dumb choices while coding.
I see the redone Chapter One as a chance to correct a lot of problems, while also making the first chapter a bit more lively and full of story details, and fixing/adding things like the variable list, gallery features, etc.

It's definitely not something I've decided to do on a whim. I recognize this as a common pitfall for developers, and it'll likely cause me to take a bit of a hit in the short-term. But, based solely on the number of people who've said things like, "Well, I didn't like the first chapter but luckily I kept playing and.." there's room for improvement, and better to do it now than later.

Plus, I'll keep the original version available as a stand-alone type of thing. Sort of a proof-of-concept demo.
ok thanks for answering me ... i realize you didn't have to ... like i said before i really think this game is awesome .... i'm still gonna keep this version .. when you make your changes ....
and i'll still want the new one when its done :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm actually more excited for the remake of chapter one than I am for the next part of chapter four
Mostly because I really liked chapter one so to see it be improved is awesome.

Plus, it sounds like Nicki's content will be a little different.
So, I'm excited to see what has changed.

P.S. Gabby, Ashe, Mason, & Brittani are really growing on me.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens in their stories in the future.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I type too much :cry:
I could use some more moral choice games like this too if anyone has reccs. If I'm cluttering the thread then PM is fine too.
As others have said, I really like Banking on Bella (BoB) and I personally agree that it shares a lot of similarities with this game. That said, obviously I think it has some problems here and there.

One of the gameplay elements of the game is that you have to pay attention to certain technical things involving your work and then you must memorize and correctly answer questions based on them. Defending Lydia Collier also had this gameplay element here and there and they drive me up the wall with annoyance; highly technical stuff like that are real boner killers, even if they add to realism. Thankfully, it's only done I think twice in BoB, so it's not oppressive or anything. But, you can miss LIs/scenes if you answer wrong if my memory serves.

Another issue I had is that you can't pursue all of the women simultaneously; you can run out of charm points to use for the day, you can run out of money (both avoided if u cheat, which is how I play), which can be used to get a girl to like you more and make it more likely to get a scene out of the ordeal. On top of that, some of the girls' timings run into eachother; for example, if you ask one girl out on a date, you will bar yourself from another character's meetup.

Those are basically my only issues with the game, though; everything else is great and while the writing certainly has its differences from FiN, it's still good imo; the characters are mostly written believably and grounded, they don't feel too cartoonish or over the top, and the pacing of their scenes is good. Has a huge cast of women and focuses more on casual encounters for now, but there are clearly intentions for some of the characters to have deeper romance paths. There's also a few dark scenes, though they don't go as far as FiN's.

The 2nd game I'd recommend is Desert Stalker. Nothing like this game, but one of the top 3 games on this website 1000%. Might not be for you in the end, but it'd be criminal not to recommend it.

Also, now that you've started posting here, be careful not to get aiiiiiiiiiidddddds :p

I have questions. I am playing a good path and for the most part, it is pretty obvious, but I am not sure what to do with Brittani. I was nice to both her and her dickhead boyfriend but he still was a dick. And now after all that she is kissing me and I am not sure what should I do. I still like sex scenes so I am not sure. Does choosing to have sex with her is counted as a bad thing? I mean from one point of view she's the one that incites this but on the other, I am not sure about the circumstances. Any tips?
The dev and others already answered your question, but always remember that if you decline her (or anyone else's scene, really) at a given moment because it doesn't feel right to you, the beauty of this game is that Neon gives you on and off ramps for the routes so you're never truly locked into a route (except the dark route, for very, very obvious reasons :ROFLMAO:). Feel a little creepy feeling Ashe up in the alley to get on her romance path? Don't! You will be on her friend route, but you will have other opportunities to attempt to romance her (correct me if I'm wrong Neon pls). Sure, you'll miss some of the first sex scenes, but you'll have peace of mind and can always check them out in another playthrough. Play how you want and good luck! :D

By the way, did anyone pick up on my little joke with the Kinney family? Ashe, Cole, Bonnie.. Ash, coal, bonfire, with Kinney being a portmanteau of kiln and chimney. It doesn't mean anything, I just like naming schemes. :'D

BoB has some significant differences, but with its taboo patch installed, I think it has a lot of commonalities, too. And I think it has one of the best/most diverse casts in adult games, in terms of personalities, visuals, etc. Like, Mallorie and Abby are pretty top-tier for me. So much so that I did a direct homage to one of Abby's scenes with the swimsuit try-on scene for Gabby/Viola, and FiN's Pepper is basically a mash-up of BoB's Mallorie, and the dark-haired daughter from Radiant whose name escapes me.

All that said, I could nitpick certain things about BoB, and I've tried to learn lessons from what I see as its pros and cons. But, I try to focus on the positives when talking publicly about other developers' work.
Very, very cool! I appreciate these kinds of insights :D

Haven't played 'Grandma's House' I guess. MILFs, GILFs and youngers, all different in terms of looks and personalities. Great game. ~Using spoiler as to not derail the convo.
Imo, game has very, very weak writing unfortunately. Also, grandma doesn't look like an actual grandma, but a milf with white hair :cry:

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Well, I am part of Carolina cult but I can be honorary member since seems like we both are low on numbers. :giggle:
whoops, omg. i didnt notice the carolina mention in the first post and thought everyone was talking about cassie :ROFLMAO: may as well delete the post since 3/4 people were talking about carolina... who's also great, but... my brain somehow read Cassie in them all, so is embarrassing for me :LOL:

OOoOO do we need a sig?!? lol...
Let everyone fight about to do or to not do Nicki while we know who the most prestigious friend in need is...
hell yeah brother! little sissy's gonna get the train of her life in this thread :cool:

Oct 10, 2022
whoops, omg. i didnt notice the carolina mention in the first post and thought everyone was talking about cassie :ROFLMAO: may as well delete the post since 3/4 people were talking about carolina... who's also great, but... my brain somehow read Cassie in them all, so is embarrassing for me :LOL:
Did you just throw an alliance offer out of the window like that? Defenestration is my job, you know right?

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
The dev and others already answered your question, but always remember that if you decline her (or anyone else's scene, really) at a given moment because it doesn't feel right to you, the beauty of this game is that Neon gives you on and off ramps for the routes so you're never truly locked into a route (except the dark route, for very, very obvious reasons :ROFLMAO:). Feel a little creepy feeling Ashe up in the alley to get on her romance path? Don't! You will be on her friend route, but you will have other opportunities to attempt to romance her (correct me if I'm wrong Neon pls). Sure, you'll miss some of the first sex scenes, but you'll have peace of mind and can always check them out in another playthrough. Play how you want and good luck! :D
The next update gives that very option for Ashe! :D Sometimes it may have minor consequences if you get onto a path early or late.

For example! If you're on Ashe's friendship route in this next update, there's basically two variations -- one where she likes you, one where she's a little more wary of you, if you didn't make a great impression in Ch2. But, you can earn enough hpts and lose enough dkpts to get her to warm up to you, if the latter's true. Having done so, you can take her to bed. You can also keep her stand-offish (or deteriorate a good relationship) and have other options..

Meanwhile on the romance path already in the new update, you'll have the option to take her to bed, obviously. But, if your dark points are up, you get a bonus bad option. If your hpts are up, you get a special kinky option that she'd only give to someone she really liked.. >_>

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes