SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Wow, this thread is buzzin right now, and as far as a Cassie cult goes, as long as she doesn't end up being obnoxious as hell, I'm almost certainly going to love her just because you know... incest... and she's hot.

Carolina is already great, though Imma wait till her date and we get to find out more about her before I say for sure just how much I like her.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
The next update gives that very option for Ashe! :D Sometimes it may have minor consequences if you get onto a path early or late.

For example! If you're on Ashe's friendship route in this next update, there's basically two variations -- one where she likes you, one where she's a little more wary of you, if you didn't make a great impression in Ch2. But, you can earn enough hpts and lose enough dkpts to get her to warm up to you, if the latter's true. Having done so, you can take her to bed. You can also keep her stand-offish (or deteriorate a good relationship) and have other options..

Meanwhile on the romance path already in the new update, you'll have the option to take her to bed, obviously. But, if your dark points are up, you get a bonus bad option. If your hpts are up, you get a special kinky option that she'd only give to someone she really liked.. >_>
Hmm... I think the site fucked shit up. That's not my post. This is my post:

I love FiN. Even if there was no girls that I liked, I would probably still play it. Good thing I have Gabby and Mason though. :p
:ROFLMAO:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Huh, and there's still Cassie waiting in the wings; I guess it will be a long wait for us Carolina fans. This is the downside of adding more and more LIs. :(

That said, I'm still looking forward to the next update.
On the bright side, he won't have to worry about as many branching paths as there could've been by more or less closing off characters on the "Evil Guy" path.

Is Banking on Bella really like FiN? I played it in one of its early releases, and it certainly didn't hold my attention.
To me, they have similar vibes to the point where I wasn't surprised that Neon likes Banking on Bella but I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it's the writing styles. Although, to be honest I don't give BoB as much playtime as FiN to really know for sure. It definitely got my attention but the amount of branching paths is colossal and updates are too infrequent for it to hold it. I'll still try to take a jab at it.

I feel like they both have a certain sense of realism. Of course, there's stuff that just seems wild or zany. Like Guy basically winning the modern lottery and becoming a multi-millionaire overnight. Still, I think both devs know how to write characters that could be actual people you might encounter. I think it comes from real life experience that most writers of VNs don't have. It makes the story feel more "grounded" in a sense.

- An MC who goes through his work day, actually doing the work and his thought process. Not just "I did some work" and it cuts to the end of the day.
- Characters who act in line with their established personas.
- Remarks or lines from characters that make you think "Hah, yea. I can imagine someone saying that"

That was probably a shitty explanation but that's my take/best guess.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I get that. I personally don't mind some GILF action. There's only one that's a forced LI and there really hasn't been any sex with her yet.

But, off that topic and back to FiN. So, you'll be adding Gabby and Mason every update yeah? At least a text? ;):p:ROFLMAO:
Nah, GILFs are a real boner killer for me. I just can't do it, man.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I feel like they both have a certain sense of realism. Of course, there's stuff that just seems wild or zany. Like Guy basically winning the modern lottery and becoming a multi-millionaire overnight.
I would dispute that winning the lottery is unrealistic. The MC winning the lottery is not unrealistic, it's just uncommon. Most people don't win the lottery sure, but lotteries are run all the time and usually someone wins them. The MC winning several different lotteries at once would be unrealistic, as that hardly ever happens. Same principle here, it's not implausible to make millions from cryptocurrency, lots of people have done that. Choosing to tell a story about an unusual person doesn't make it unrealistic.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I would dispute that winning the lottery is unrealistic. The MC winning the lottery is not unrealistic, it's just uncommon. Most people don't win the lottery sure, but lotteries are run all the time and usually someone wins them. The MC winning several different lotteries at once would be unrealistic, as that hardly ever happens. Same principle here, it's not implausible to make millions from cryptocurrency, lots of people have done that. Choosing to tell a story about an unusual person doesn't make it unrealistic.
Meh, that was probably a bad example. I just couldn't think of anything off the top of my head.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Well, I had a good reason for this, which gets increasingly silly as these updates get longer and longer..

Basically, my original plot bible/overview for the game ended with the conclusion of Chapter Four. The next two updates (Viola/Ashe, and Risa/Alex/Gabby/Mason) were meant to be the back half of Chapter Four: Part Two in my revised plans. Chapter Four ends on a big cliffhanger.

So, my thought was that I'd do the first four chapters, end on a big cliffhanger, and then take time to re-calibrate, see what was and wasn't working, and then go back to revise Chapter One and resolve anything else that was bothering me. Then Chapter Four basically grew into four chapters all on its own which is just.. So me.

But, I'm sticking with the plan, just because I've been building to a cliffhanger, and I want to get there.

But, worth mentioning:: when I redo Chapter One I plan to revise the whole chapter order a bit, and break things up with title cards. I think it looks kind of silly that I'll have done like seven chapters worth of content, but I'm still calling it Chapter Four: Part One/Two.

I've heard nice things! But I'm really not a GILF lover, and the name is kind of an instant turn-off for me. Plus, I barely have time to play other games as it is. :'D My leisure time is largely spent reading or watching mindless TV shows.
What are you reading lately, by the way?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]
Meanwhile on the romance path already in the new update, you'll have the option to take her to bed, obviously. But, if your dark points are up, you get a bonus bad option. If your hpts are up, you get a special kinky option that she'd only give to someone she really liked.. >_>
Ashe is gonna give Guy her ass, isn't she? :p :ROFLMAO:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hmm... I think the site fucked shit up. That's not my post. This is my post:
Ack, nah, I just goofed.

What are you reading lately, by the way?
As far as novels go, I'm re-reading Lawrence Block's Bernie Rhodenbarr series for like, the fourth time. Absolutely love those books. Total comfort read. I keep trying to get back into R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt books after I dropped off way back on The Ghost King, but I'm beginning to think I just outgrew them, because I don't find them as fun anymore.

In non-fiction I'm reading The Beast Side, which is pretty interesting.

And over in comics, I've been on a huge manga kick lately. Currently loving Chained Soldier and Wave: Listen to Me!

Ashe is gonna give Guy her ass, isn't she? :p :ROFLMAO:
No way, they're going to open a checking account together! The ultimate sign of love and trust. <3

is there a official discord for this game?
Yes, but it's closed to the public for now. I'll open it up eventually, but I need to pick a couple people to be mods, because I can't always be around to keep an eye on it.

soo next update is focus on Ashe, how about another Ashe?
I mean her mom
I don't want to get too bogged down in tertiary characters, but you'll see Bonnie and Cole again. I have a specific scene in mind for them that you'll only be able to get if you're on Ashe's friends path, and have a good relationship with her.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Ack, nah, I just goofed.

As far as novels go, I'm re-reading Lawrence Block's Bernie Rhodenbarr series for like, the fourth time. Absolutely love those books. Total comfort read. I keep trying to get back into R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt books after I dropped off way back on The Ghost King, but I'm beginning to think I just outgrew them, because I don't find them as fun anymore.

In non-fiction I'm reading The Beast Side, which is pretty interesting.

And over in comics, I've been on a huge manga kick lately. Currently loving Chained Soldier and Wave: Listen to Me!

No way, they're going to open a checking account together! The ultimate sign of love and trust. <3

Yes, but it's closed to the public for now. I'll open it up eventually, but I need to pick a couple people to be mods, because I can't always be around to keep an eye on it.

I don't want to get too bogged down in tertiary characters, but you'll see Bonnie and Cole again. I have a specific scene in mind for them that you'll only be able to get if you're on Ashe's friends path, and have a good relationship with her.
Wise choice Harry, too many horrocr...names in the to dick down list already.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes