RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

View attachment 2759880

tldr; 950+ images, and I’m working on some of the endings that don’t involve Ashe. Still got some sex scenes and Ashe endings to do, but I continue marching (plodding?) towards the end of the update.

I’d say this image’s place in the canon is.. Dubious. :p
More than 950 renders and around 80% is about Ashe event. Seems like there will be lots of possible sequences for Ashe's date night.:love:

Mason is taking a rest after all the gay sex he had to do before. :ROFLMAO:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
That's just NeonGhosts placating people like me, who aren't into sharing even with our other girls. :ROFLMAO: Which I do appreciate.
Hah! Honestly, as far as stuff on Patreon/SubStar go, the short stories are always canon, as well as things like the recent posts from Britt’s Picogram account, or Nicki’s old LonelyFans photos. Stuff with story relevancy, basically.

The things like the Easter Bunny photos, or these little sexy renders, are more nebulous. I try not to make the characters do anything they wouldn't do in the game, but officially they're non-canonical. :D

It's difficult deciding whether to play this date update or to wait for the end of the chapter! In one case, I'll have something to look forward to after playing; in the other case, I'll have more to look forward to (rather than a wait for an ultimately supplemental update).
I'd say just play it when it comes out, honestly. At this point this update is going to come in over 1100 renders, putting it squarely in the average range of past releases. For comparison, the release where Britt had her photoshoot, only had 850ish renders.

The only real problem with this update (boy, I do a great job selling my game.. :'D ) is that it's pretty narrowly focused on Ashe, and to a lesser extent, Viola. So if neither of them appeal to you, there just won't be a lot for you. It still advances the overall plot of the story (Ashe's story directly feeds into another girl's, the photo mystery with Ashe grows closer to being solved, etc.), and has some little cameo appearances from Risa, Nicki, and Pepper, but it's mostly just The Ashe Show.

NeonGhosts fantastic game, and I really am enjoying the whole experience. Left a review for more general terms, but will post here some tidbits I really liked:

I love the beginning - crypto is a scam PSA and the even more important if you buy Crypto you're a moron PSA. Ofc its just poking fun, but its very funny and truthful.

'but if you started an onlyfans' - too truthful.

Best description of drunken gambling I've ever read. Spiritual pilgrimage of contemplating the insides of bottles and praying in the temples of RNGesus.

One thing that surprised me is that the MC not only has a personality, that you can mold, but its an interesting and fairly complex but relatable one. Always hated generic self-inserts or dolls for you to control and demand bitches to dick ride you.

I mentioned in the review another thing I loved, which was how all the girls are multi-dimensional, not what they seem, but in a good way, they're genuine but with depth, flaws and issues, plus secrets. They live their lives outside the MC, and want things of their own, which is what makes engaging with them so enjoyable. Apparently Nicki was hated or something, dunno why. She's frustrating, but 100% human and I can completely see a normal person doing that.

The 'male antagonists' (Jaime, Brent, Unknown Creeps, Madison's Husband might be) are somewhat exaggerated and unrealistic - exception: Jaime talking with his gf about the play was great though, really showed some depth here. But frankly, who doesn't enjoy crushing assholes.

Art Wise - Great and varied models, MC is particularly is very unique and realistic, while the girls are pretty and unique, instantly recognizable. Can also def see the art improving, drastically after EP1, and the backgrounds are always at least solid. I reaaaally appreciate not using stock photos for those btw.

So yeah, big fan, and first game to have involved me so much since... ugh... I'm be real cliche, BaDIK. Very different games, different aims and paths, but what they have in common is surprising quality and depth.
Hey, hey! Thanks for the kind words (and kind review!) -- really appreciate that!

I'm glad my distaste for crypto shines through in those early bits. :p I started conceiving of this game at a time when crypto enthusiasm was at a peak, and I was watching people throw all their money into it, convinced it was their only chance at earning a decent living, retirement, etc. Sad state of affairs, honestly. And for the MC, the nature of how he made his wealth will become more relevant later, as we learn more about his upbringing and family life.

Touching on what you said about Guy/MC, I'm glad people generally like the fact that he's not a blank canvas. He has a history, things he likes, things he wants, etc. It makes it a lot easier to write him across multiple paths, and keep him basically consistent, when I kind of operate from the same origin no matter what. I like to think that the things that motivate Good Guy to do good and help others, are the same things that make Bad Guy cruel. It's all about how he's processed the things that've happened to him up until now, either growing from it, or becoming emotionally stunted.

Plus, I think that writing him as an actual character just makes all the interactions with other characters a lot richer. It's kind of like the difference in playing as.. I dunno, Fido from Grand Theft Auto III, vs Kratos from God of War. You're steering both, but one has a clear perspective and personality, while the other is just an audience surrogate.

As for the girls, I always start characters off from two basic questions, which I read in some book on writing a decade+ ago: "What do they want, and what do they fear?" Really useful for forming the core of a character, and I think that when you look at some of the girls and ask that question, their various motives and behaviors become a little more clear.

Ditto for the antagonists. So far we've really only seen Jamie, Brent, etc. through the lens of the MC. But, Brent will come back sooner than later, and I'm kind of curious how people take him in that second appearance. Like, he's obviously kind of an image-obsessed dickhead, but in his version of the story, he's absolutely the underdog good guy. He tried to make some money, failed miserably, lost his girlfriend to a rich asshole, and was left with nothing. In another game, he'd be the guy scheming to get back all the things he lost. But, he's in Guy's story, and that automatically casts him into an adversarial role.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Hah! Honestly, as far as stuff on Patreon/SubStar go, the short stories are always canon, as well as things like the recent posts from Britt’s Picogram account, or Nicki’s old LonelyFans photos. Stuff with story relevancy, basically.

The things like the Easter Bunny photos, or these little sexy renders, are more nebulous. I try not to make the characters do anything they wouldn't do in the game, but officially they're non-canonical. :D
Well, I haven't read any of the short stories and even if I could, I wouldn't want to sully my thoughts of the two LIs that I want. Just in case there's something in those I don't want to know about.

Jun 21, 2018
Hey, hey! Thanks for the kind words (and kind review!) -- really appreciate that!
You're welcome, but they are fully deserved!

Plus, I think that writing him as an actual character just makes all the interactions with other characters a lot richer. It's kind of like the difference in playing as.. I dunno, Fido from Grand Theft Auto III, vs Kratos from God of War. You're steering both, but one has a clear perspective and personality, while the other is just an audience surrogate.
Very much agreed. As things goes, this become more and more apparent. Without depth on the protagonist, the relationship will always feel more than a little shallow, as it will be limited to somewhat generic interactions, memories and even fights.

Ditto for the antagonists. So far we've really only seen Jamie, Brent, etc. through the lens of the MC. But, Brent will come back sooner than later, and I'm kind of curious how people take him in that second appearance. Like, he's obviously kind of an image-obsessed dickhead, but in his version of the story, he's absolutely the underdog good guy. He tried to make some money, failed miserably, lost his girlfriend to a rich asshole, and was left with nothing. In another game, he'd be the guy scheming to get back all the things he lost. But, he's in Guy's story, and that automatically casts him into an adversarial role.
Well, I will disagree partly. I can see what you're talking about and agree how changing PoVs can showcase things we ignored or weren't shown to add complexity, but:

1- Brent - He essentially tried to prostitute his GF, not once, not twice, but thrice in a month, and then essentially scamming her (this one can actually be changed depending on how things are seen from another perspective on why he did this). Finally, there are the unhinged messages. Were you trying to make him less blatantly evil, you should've, imo, toned down

2- Jamie's scene was really interesting as I said, but again, he's so unapologetically creepy, and then showing off his naked GF even seems a bit inconsistent with how possessive he is, that just seemed to be there to show how disgusting he is. Plus the thinly veiled racism.

3- Unknown Rich Creep can actually be humanized in an interesting way - misunderstood creepy selfdeclared artistic genius with genuine love and admiration for Nicki that's unhealthy for him but can also be 'misunderstood' by her or something, so if he does play a role later on, as I think he will, I'm interested on the take you willl go for.

Reactions: ename144

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
For me, personally, Brent has been too criminally abusive for there to be any real chance of redemption. He's permanently stuck in the irredeemable shitheel bucket for me. Taking out an $80K loan from a dodgy loanshark via fraud and forcing your partner to be on the hook for all of it isn't small potatoes. Unless Nicki has been lying through her teeth about what went down, and that would be very interesting narratively, then Brent doesn't deserve a shred of sympathy or regard. Brent is just... next level dogshit.

Look at Carolina and Madison as comparisons, Carolina has her deadbeat ex who apparently couldn't give a damn about their daughter, Madison's husband engaged in a criminal enterprise that risked the entire family's livelihoods and wellbeing. They're both downright terrible partners but it pales in comparison to Brent. Brent made a series of terrible life choices that should have cost him dearly if he hadn't used Nicki as a human shield to bear the brunt of his consequences every time.

tl;dr: Fuck Brent. All my homies hate Brent.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
For me, personally, Brent has been too criminally abusive for there to be any real chance of redemption. He's permanently stuck in the irredeemable shitheel bucket for me. Taking out an $80K loan from a dodgy loanshark via fraud and forcing your partner to be on the hook for all of it isn't small potatoes. Unless Nicki has been lying through her teeth about what went down, and that would be very interesting narratively, then Brent doesn't deserve a shred of sympathy or regard. Brent is just... next level dogshit.

Look at Carolina and Madison as comparisons, Carolina has her deadbeat ex who apparently couldn't give a damn about their daughter, Madison's husband engaged in a criminal enterprise that risked the entire family's livelihoods and wellbeing. They're both downright terrible partners but it pales in comparison to Brent. Brent made a series of terrible life choices that should have cost him dearly if he hadn't used Nicki as a human shield to bear the brunt of his consequences every time.

tl;dr: Fuck Brent. All my homies hate Brent.
You have to remember, a lot of these guys are all about giving people a second chance. Me? I'd rather watch these fucktards burn and toast marshmellows over them.

Reactions: Zoomaa and Karana

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
Jamie's scene was really interesting as I said, but again, he's so unapologetically creepy, and then showing off his naked GF even seems a bit inconsistent with how possessive he is, that just seemed to be there to show how disgusting he is. Plus the thinly veiled racism.
Jamie goes beyond being creepy. Like... He's straight up a rapist? In the blowjob videos with both Britt and Gabby they withdraw consent and he just keeps on going. It's telling that his MO is the same in both instances. Physically restrain the girl, shove his dick in her mouth, if she objects, keep going and feign innocence. This isn't teenage hijinks or being a bit creepy. It's sexual predation. This is premeditated rape.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I like to think that the things that motivate Good Guy to do good and help others, are the same things that make Bad Guy cruel. It's all about how he's processed the things that've happened to him up until now, either growing from it, or becoming emotionally stunted.
Very interesting, I wondered the same thing about your character :D Nice to know it isn't just my own head canon. Now, of course, the fun part for me is to see where you ultimately take everyone in your story. I'm very thrilled to find out if any of my hunches are even close to your plans. That's another good decision on how you've written guy, actually. As the player, you can actually attempt to analyze or anticipate his motivations and behavior in any given instance or even for the entire story. Plenty of VNs where you can't do that because the MC is too much of a blank slate with actions that can't be traced back to any past experience or personality aspect or anything of the sort. Blank slate doesn't have to be bad, ofc, it has its own pros, but you've definitely been convincing me with the whole pre-planned and established route. :D

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Jamie goes beyond being creepy. Like... He's straight up a rapist? In the blowjob videos with both Britt and Gabby they withdraw consent and he just keeps on going. It's telling that his MO is the same in both instances. Physically restrain the girl, shove his dick in her mouth, if she objects, keep going and feign innocence. This isn't teenage hijinks or being a bit creepy. It's sexual predation. This is premeditated rape.
Best case scenario he's too young and stupid to know that that isn't how BDSM is supposed to work, but he doesn't get any of that benefit of the doubt considering the other shit that he gets up to.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
jamie is what we used to call freaky freak ... racist/rapist you name it ... and yeah he belongs behind bars ... so he can get a feel of what he loves doing .. and i do mean a real feel :LOL:

Reactions: Zoomaa

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
It's ironic or maybe it isn't lol
I don't want to share my chosen girl in this game even with another girl
It would make me too angry

And yet my favourite visual novel girl of all time is in a loving relationship with another girl and the mc (A throuple)
And I never want that throuple to break up.
It's also my favourite relationship storyline in any game ever

So make of that what you will
Sometimes I confuse myself.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Yeah nah, Brent is unsalvageable. So does Jamie. The only ones who might me misunderstood are Madison's husband, Carolina's ex, and the rich guy taking pictures of Nicki.

Only time will tell.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
2- Jamie's scene was really interesting as I said, but again, he's so unapologetically creepy, and then showing off his naked GF even seems a bit inconsistent with how possessive he is, that just seemed to be there to show how disgusting he is. Plus the thinly veiled racism.
Actually i think it works. Jamie is a childish crap who needs a lot of validation. So, he's possessive because he fears the comparison with other men, yet he shows his naked hot GF to his friend to feel approved and admired by his peer. A very weak personality.

Oct 10, 2022

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Got to agree that he is pretty much a rapist as opossed to my good Guy. :p

He will stay away from any women if i have some say in the matter. :cool:

Reactions: Dark Silence

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
More like he sees his girls as trophies to show off, but absolutely loathes it when someone he perceives as a threat even touches them. It's more common than you might think.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
in games like life I tend to be significantly more chance giving to women than to men.
I'm kind of the same. It just depends on what the woman did and if I'm willing to see past it. I'm not really about second chances for anyone, especially males. There have been very few occassions. That's because I don't really see in shades of grey. With guys, it's black or white with me. "Did he fuck up? Yes. Did he mean to fuck up? Maybe not. Can I forgive or forget what he did? No. Conclusion, fuck him."

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes